Omnimalice
All Hate
+1|6786|Northern VA
Today sucked.

Server forces me to the side with the fewest players.. so it's always the side that sucks.

Twice I logged into a map with no flags.. two more losses on my record, nothing I could have done about it.

Juding by the number of times I was shot in the head on the first shot by some of the most inaccurate guns in the game I'd say it was a big day for exploiters.

Today was a day of no commanders and newbie commanders. At least 4 times when I used the Team Rose to ask for arty/supplies/uav I got back over the SayAll: "omni where r u". I was the leader of my squad.. and the only member in it as usual.

Everytime I managed to get into a vehicle with someone they apparently didnt know how to make it go FORWARD so I got killed a number of times waiting for Mr. FirstDay to figure out how to navigate a road.

I'm an idiot. I blew up my own team's assests on the swamp map which I never play. I made it up by repairing it all, and retaking the flag three times AND repairing it all 3 more times when it was taken out by the other team. We still lost the round.

The servers that run the maps and sizes I like to play with good connections remained empty. Sometimes I feel like the only guy in VA that plays BF2.

I watched a guy get kick/banned for having fun with me (we were screwing around teamkilling each other) WHEN THE GAME WASNT EVEN GOING- (too few people on the server to start the round).

Apparently it's too much to ask to be left alone to just fly around in a jet on an empty server. I had people switching to my team just to kill me. Again, the round had not started. That's my fault, I should know better than to fly around not bugging anyone on a public server between rounds.. </sarcasm>

The only good thing to come out of this weekend was I got a couple more medals, a new rank&unlock and I got more points. The SpecOps unlock is kind of nice.

Perhaps I should join a clan.

Last edited by Omnimalice (2005-10-30 19:27:53)

Kaosdad
Whisky Tango Foxtrot?
+201|6685|Broadlands, VA
Crunchy Kittens!!!
-=WYD=-JoKeR
+1|6682
I hear you man.....I screwed up bad...waited to get kicked.  Was playing Dam and was up on the crane trying to snipe...got a few.  Then the flag was overrun with about 8 USMC.  I was dropping grenades and got a few.  After the grenades ran out, I dropped a claymore and that got two.  Decided to drop another one and it landed back on the edge of the crane and I TK's about 4 guys including myself.  Put up a monster -7 when it was all over....maybe I need to stay away from explosives for a while.....

Had one funny thing happen at Best Buy.  I was in the PC game section and this guy asked me about BF2.  I told him it was great and that you earned medals, rank and got to play with people all over the world.  He got excited about the game and then asked how long it took for the medals and rank to arrive in the mail......(WTF?).....I told him it usually took 2 - 3 weeks.....
Kaosdad
Whisky Tango Foxtrot?
+201|6685|Broadlands, VA

-=WYD=-JoKeR wrote:

He got excited about the game and then asked how long it took for the medals and rank to arrive in the mail......(WTF?).....I told him it usually took 2 - 3 weeks.....
That is too cool!  ROFL.  Did he actually buy the game do you know?

{Searching bf2s forums for "medals arriving in the mail"}
Seth Infinite
+3|6745|Houston, The Republic of Texas
Just out of curiosity....why did you revive a thread that's 3 months old???? Or am I missing something here?
cmotdibbler
+19|6672|The pork thing inna bun stall.

Omnimalice wrote:

Today sucked.
Apparently it's too much to ask to be left alone to just fly around in a jet on an empty server. I had people switching to my team just to kill me. Again, the round had not started. That's my fault, I should know better than to fly around not bugging anyone on a public server between rounds.. </sarcasm>
Yeah this bugs me too. The only time normally new players get to fly on some maps is when the server is empty. I do this so as not to piss off the serious players. I keep reading on here about what a pain in the ass noobs are and they should practice on single player and empty servers then some of those people drop in and ruin it by even team killing you to get a jet on an empty server.  Its not bad enough that new players have a lot less experience and would like some free time to learn but now we have to cope with getting killed every few minutes by weapons we have no access to until we get enough points for the SF unlocks ( hardly likely to score a shit load of points when you are inexperienced and have worse weapons). Instead of just slamming new players as noobs why dont you more experienced players invite them into a team and try to show them how its done.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard