GTKtino
+0|6768
ok this started happening today

i start the game sign in and all that good stuff, and then i load a game to play multiplayer, and 10 to 30 seconds into the game it FREEZES, this happened about 4 times before coming here to the forums.

Please can someone help, if nothing then I will have to reinstall my OS

so someone i know theres someone out there, HELP!!!
dan500
+57|6846
Tryed reinstalling the game or the patch?
GTKtino
+0|6768
any other advice from anybody else: on wut might be causing it , and how to repair it, because it might be the game but it can also be the system files, so anyone nows the time!
jbatson
+0|6752
I am having the exact same problem......HELP!!!!!!!
Bloody Sky
+2|6843|Texas
Wow, my game froze on me like twice today in a server also.

Two different times, Two diffrent servers.

Hmmmmm......

*EDIT* I just got into a server and it froze again. WTF
I didnt even have XFire on this time. I had nothing else running (that I didn't need) other than BF2.

Again
Hmmmmm....

Did somehow.... a few of our games get corrupt? I wonder how many people are having this problem. The first time my game froze was about 6:00PM (Central Time GMT -6:00) today (10/30/05).

I only play in a server for about 30 seconds - 1 minute and my game freezes and I have to Ctrl + Alt + Delete and end the program from there and then it takes about another 2 minutes to get back to my desktop and then about another 2 minutes to actually END BF2.

I dont know if it's that extreme for anyone else, but this scares me. I was so close to my Navy Cross and Expert Spec Ops.
I would reinstall but I'm too tried. I will check back tomorrow and see what anyone else has posted on this subject and then, if nothing else will work, reinstall it.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Bloody Sky (2005-10-30 20:12:35)

GTKtino
+0|6768
wow i thought i was the only one, I tried every thing, reinstalled the game 4 times!! >>>> NOTHING, same thing, i get into game and it freezes like 10-30sec after in any server. I did the system restore(which deletes all files and restores factory files and settings,) since its the only thing i can do , when i bought the pc it didnt come with the OS disc.  And the same thing I play for a lil bit and completly freezes with the last sound it had playin over and over.

for me its the same i press ctrl alt del, but it takes like 5 min for everything to end.  IM FREAKIN pullin my hair out right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ha ha, but please someone help...
redfoxster
Chopper Whore Extraordinaire
+3|6771
It's probably a video card problem or more likely drivers.  I had a similar problem playing Half Life 2, and a better video card solved it.  I'd recommend downloading the newest drivers from whoever your manufacturer is, www.nvidia.com counts for most of em, and i guess www.radeon.com is the other?
Heretic
+3|6775
I will be running around on any server, any map.  Be having the best round of the night for myself and then the game will freeze causing the last sound to repeat. Difference here is that my game will close and I'm back on my desktop before you can say " you stupid pc from the depths of hell ! "

From freezing to desktop in about 3 seconds.  Maybe the new Nvidia drivers ? ( 81.85 ) Maybe my video card is dying from the constant assualt that is BF2 ? ( FX 5700 256mb ) Strange yet annoying. Only game I run that does this.

And it always crashes when the team I am on is winning ! Taking away from my War College Ribbon by being denied that win !  errr

Last edited by Heretic (2005-10-30 21:45:42)

GTKtino
+0|6768

redfoxster wrote:

It's probably a video card problem or more likely drivers.  I had a similar problem playing Half Life 2, and a better video card solved it.  I'd recommend downloading the newest drivers from whoever your manufacturer is, www.nvidia.com counts for most of em, and i guess www.radeon.com is the other?
Oh i forgot to add, I installed the newest drivers from ATI. thanks for trying tho!!
Busted
+0|6752
same problem which started today
solarium_rider
+0|6761
I'm having the same problem, it only happens multiplayer, indicating that perhaps my system is okay and it's online multiplayer related.  I just played single player for about 2 hours with no issues.
GTKtino
+0|6768
its nice to know theres others with a related problem(bad in a way of course) ill prob try single player but its not the same...

well lets hope somehow the problem will be fixed
Heretic
+3|6775
I uninstalled the drivers I loaded up last week. (81.85 Forceware)

Installed 77.77 Forceware dirvers again which I was running before.

Fixed my crashing issue up real good. Ran hours without a problem.
For anyone having the random crashing issue I suggest reverting to old drivers, or even your video card default drivers.

Also, the drivers that were released with the game, never worked properly on my system.
I'm back to my old fragin self again.

Later.

Last edited by Heretic (2005-10-31 03:26:31)

solarium_rider
+0|6761
I don't think it's a video driver issue.  I've been using the same drivers since I re-installed a few months ago.  Additionallly, no other programs exhibit the same behavior, even the same program in single player mode works.    I believe the OP is also using an ATI card, so it's not nVidia or ATI specific (I'm using a nVidia card.)
SeNNetarium
+1|6756|Netherlands / Germany
same problem here =/. but I am happy that I am not alone .. just want to reinstall my pc tonight ^^.
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6769|AUS, Canberra
its goto be somthing to do with EA as its happening to me and my friend too and we have totally different comps
Bloody Sky
+2|6843|Texas
I guess this is an EA problem, then, huh?
I just reinstalled the game and what not, and like that guys before me said, it did nothing. I can play Single Player great! But I can't even play in an online server for more than a minute.

I hope this gets fixed soon, or someone finds a way to get pasted it.
Fist_Of_God_D.O.D.
+0|6751
I started having this same problem yesterday.  (10/30)  and after a few hard reboots when it froze, i decided to let it run.  and after 90 seconds or 2 minutes, it leveled out and played fine until start of the next map. 

its still doing it today though.  (10/31)  hopefully its just an EA or PB problem that they can sort out.  I havent changed anything in my system for this to be caused.
Bloody Sky
+2|6843|Texas
OMGA!! IT JUST DANWED ON ME!!!

THIS IS AN EA SCAM!!
They want us to buy Battlefield: Special Forces, and then that will "mysteriously" fix the server problem.

They have been stressing it that it's due out November. Hmmmmm
GTKtino
+0|6768
Well after doing all that stuff as I posted at the beginning, nothing still then I played single player for a couple of hours with no problem , but as a conclusion : since its not hardware related, and not files related; then it must be some kind of hack, who knows its just an opinion; you know with the IP??? people are prob freezing online play using your IP. I mean its a goood guess since single player doesnt require internet!!

Oh and who ever is having this trouble post what kind of computer you guys have to see if theres a patter or sumthing?

HP pavillion a1130n, radeon xpress x200
Bloody Sky
+2|6843|Texas
HP Pavilion a1130n here too
Graphics Card : nVidia GeForce 256MB 6600 TD PCI-E

*EDIT* Has anyone E-Mailed EA about this? Because I think I'm about to.

Last edited by Bloody Sky (2005-10-31 13:08:33)

GTKtino
+0|6768
Yea i did it yesterday , but still no answer, wow we have the same model??

I sent them a good question about it, made it clear, so they wouldnt tell me to reinstall game or OS. But do u also have the Media Center edition?

Last edited by GTKtino (2005-10-31 13:13:33)

Throwawaymoniker
+0|6751
Someone posted this thread over at gamefaq and a few people there are having trouble with it too.  Mine just started last night after having run the game with no problem for weeks.  Unfortunatly, I'm playing on a HP, too.  a1129n, 512MB, radeon xpress 200.

I spoke to a guy at EA and he told me the video card and ram were not good enough. When I told him I'd been playing it for weeks he said it must have just finally caught up with me. Interesting that everyone started having the exact same problem at the same time with similar machines though, no?

I thought singleplayer was working fine, but even that froze on me after about 10 minutes (about 9:55 longer than I get on a multiplayer server though).
GTKtino
+0|6768
Wow it must be some kind of scam to make people withouth a good video card to buy a better video card and wut not , Its problaly only HP machines tho!
Absinthe
+18|6754
I'm using Geforce 6800GT with 81.85 x64 drivers. This happenes to me as well. You may have noticed the HD led blinking like crazy while the game was "freezing". I have no clue to what it is, but I know for sure that it belongs to the H.D runing like nuts. Probably loading ALL the textures, locating geometries.. generaly "completing" the map load.

Last edited by Absinthe (2005-10-31 14:10:01)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard