Digital Aura
Git R Dun
+18|6681|Ontario, Canada
I was just discussing with a buddy how BF2 is unlike any other PC game I've played. I'm a hardcore online gamer...you name the FPS and I've been there done that.
But unlike the other games, I'm STILL playing Bf2.
It just hooks you...I'm constantly hangin' out here to check my stats and see what badge I need next, etc.
I've never dwelt so long on one game. And I don't see myself fading anytime soon!

How 'bout you? Do you find the rewards and ranking system to be important to this game? Does it keep you playing?
Nabraham
EWWW!!! Thats Nasty!!!
+18|6704|Enon
Ya, i agree completly. Ive been playing bf2 for over a year now and still find it very addicting. The only other games ive played like this are Diablo 2/Starcraft/Warcraft 3.

I love the addition of the medal system and ranking up. Gives me more incentive to keep playing, hope other games in the future use this.
Orgtheone
+30|6683|The Dark Side Of The Moon
im a bit more gutted that i have expert in all the kits & now my heads up my ass on what kit i wanna use
i at the moment trying to get as much aviator time as i can Expert Armour can go to hell i hate the shit
StefanoJoyce
+0|6512
I know the idea you mean, it can get demoralising though when the medals/ranks are so far away which can put ppl off, unless youre really determined lol.
Cursed You
+64|6608|Idaho
KDR is all I really care about.  If I want to get a medal, I have to talk myself into it, or Daz does.

And the ranks kind of... I want that shiny silver bar.
XISIX
+116|6635
yep.. .... agree on addiction of stat checking.

Still only a game + if having fun.... but hearing those drum rolls is beautiful.

Make a point of trying for specific badges now unless so so so far away.

Last edited by XISIX (2006-07-19 15:19:44)

Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6769|Mark it zero.
i the rank/medals idea, but at the same time i hate it. i like it because it shows your progress through the game and its always fun earning something. then the reason why i hate it is because its all most people care about. they will just play one map and usually one class (medic) to get as many points as they can. they dont ever play for fun. and if you want to play for stats, you can only play on a ranked server and cant play custom maps.
Digital Aura
Git R Dun
+18|6681|Ontario, Canada
Good point Kamikaze... it can be a spoiler for sure.
That's just it...I find myself now playing 'towards' a goal like a specific ribbon or badge...it actually affects the way I play. And..it does indeed suck when all you know is 'poundin the ground' as an infantry unit and now you want the heli medal. Good Lord, that took me ages to get....especially with all the heli-whores around.
But yeah, now I even go hunting for specific maps to play depending on what I'm trying to achieve.
A really unique way of gaming for sure.
I REALLY hope other games pick up on this. Reward loyal players!

Last edited by Digital Aura (2006-07-20 13:46:33)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard