Poll

AMD vs. Intel

AMD is the 133761%61% - 130
Intel is the 133738%38% - 82
Total: 212
Maj.Do
+85|6767|good old CA

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

i missed my old P3 remember when they were better than p4's?
lol i remember that
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6574|Hungary
AMD 64 Athlon for me
diglow~Flow
+32|6642|British Columbia, Canada
hey cyborg might as well quit the fight to many ppl love amd and if there gonna spend 5.4Billion dollars on a chipset im pretty sure they can advertivse any day of the week.
DavidianCox
...from the internet
+60|6673|Birmingham
i had an amd, now have a intel and all i can say is that i miss my amd
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6732

diglow~Flow wrote:

hey cyborg might as well quit the fight to many ppl love amd and if there gonna spend 5.4Billion dollars on a chipset im pretty sure they can advertivse any day of the week.
AMD's stock prices just fell today and conroe isnt out yet (still hard to find)
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
diglow~Flow
+32|6642|British Columbia, Canada

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

diglow~Flow wrote:

Conroe = to over priced. would i wanna pay for some that expensive for the performance im not gonna get...

Last edited by diglow~Flow (2006-07-28 07:45:38)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6732

diglow~Flow wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

diglow~Flow wrote:

Conroe = to over priced. would i wanna pay for some that expensive for the performance im not gonna get...
conroe= way cheaper than amd, and more performance. just admit it, its cheaper and faster. 300 dollar model beats amd's top of the line FX62
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Vintageologist
Tankbuster
+31|6774|Vienna, Austria

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

diglow~Flow wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

conroe= way cheaper than amd, and more performance. just admit it, its cheaper and faster. 300 dollar model beats amd's top of the line FX62
Yup, that'S why I'll probably get excactly that model...

Btw, I think I'll have to say Intel for one reason: reliability. They just work. I've had many PCs over my more or less short lifespan but from the recent models, Intel just owns more for reliability imo. Before what I have now, I had an Athlon XP 2000+. Nice CPU if it ran. But it just wouldn't run without crashing in summer, no matter how many fans I installed... argh. Now I have my Pentium M notebook (actually for a year now) and itmay not be the fastest that's available atm, but it fookin runs... always.... 24/7 if I wish. That's what I want. And of course the new kickass Core Duo.
scottomus0
Teh forum ghey!
+172|6653|Wigan. Manchester. England.
got a amd in my machine now

prefer intel by far
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6732
conroe not out... except for E6300
Richard2000
Banned
+39|6561|England
i used to have a intel 486 a long long time ago
Trooper_Collider
+25|6760
Intel without doubt.

Semper Fi!
Maj.Do
+85|6767|good old CA

diglow~Flow wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

diglow~Flow wrote:

what in the world are you talking about....
Hellfire(Fish)
Your Favorite Whiny Liberal
+8|6521|Alabama, United States
Honestly people, I've owned both AMDs and Intels over the past 6 years and I honestly have to say about 5 things.
1. Processors aren't THAT important to a gamer in the first place, spend the money on a high end video card.
2. AMD makes cheaper mid-grade processors than Intel.
3. Intel makes and markets its products to the ignorant pre-built computer consumer. (Higher numbers, Higher price.)
4. AMD markets to people who do their research and know what they want for their computer. (except for those FX processors. Those are for idiots that don't know what they are doing =\)

and in general, I've had AMDs outlast my Intels by almost 2 years before they burn out. And also, i've noticed that overclocked Intels need more cooling to keep them stable, whereas the AMDs usually can take increased clock speeds and stay stable until a point where they just don't work anymore. (They overclock AWESOME, right up until your cooling can't keep up with em.)

Just my personal experiences/opinions.

I've owned the following:
Pentium 4 2.6 ghz
Pentium 4 3.2 ghz HT
Athlon 2600+
Athlon 64 3200+
oneshotsnipednoobfag
+9|6520
amd, intel is based on speed only and made cheap. plus dell uses them in their comps wat more must i say besides that.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6787|PNW

Null. I like AMD, but if their platform doesn't quash what Intel has going on right now, or at least offer good future upgrades, then by spring next year, I'll probably be sporting Intel. I try not to get caught up in the brand name trap, and buy solely based on performance, quality and price.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-08-19 20:31:13)

Maj.Do
+85|6767|good old CA

oneshotsnipednoobfag wrote:

amd, intel is based on speed only and made cheap. plus dell uses them in their comps wat more must i say besides that.
not anymore dude lmao
Maj.Do
+85|6767|good old CA

Hellfire(Fish) wrote:

Honestly people, I've owned both AMDs and Intels over the past 6 years and I honestly have to say about 5 things.
1. Processors aren't THAT important to a gamer in the first place, spend the money on a high end video card.
3. Intel makes and markets its products to the ignorant pre-built computer consumer. (Higher numbers, Higher price.)
4. AMD markets to people who do their research and know what they want for their computer. (except for those FX processors. Those are for idiots that don't know what they are doing =\)

and in general, I've had AMDs outlast my Intels by almost 2 years before they burn out. And also, i've noticed that overclocked Intels need more cooling to keep them stable, whereas the AMDs usually can take increased clock speeds and stay stable until a point where they just don't work anymore. (They overclock AWESOME, right up until your cooling can't keep up with em.)

Pentium 4 2.6 ghz
Pentium 4 3.2 ghz HT
Athlon 2600+
Athlon 64 3200+
a cpu is important to a high end gamer.  imagine having a quad system with a 2.6 celeron
Cold Fussion
72% alcohol
+63|6683|Sydney, Australia
I could right all the information out by hand faster then a celeron could do it.

Last edited by Cold Fussion (2006-08-19 23:21:30)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6732
core 2 duo wins
Reizors
Ninja's > BF2s
+42|6539|Australia
Intel goes ping pong.
Defiance
+438|6687

Intel: Ping Pong
xTCx_zero
+0|6476|Southern California
Well I must say I am quite impressed with both. I have to computer in my house both Battlefield ready and well what would you know I got an Intel Petium 4 3.0 Ghz up against my AMD Athlon 64 3500+ at 2.4 GHz I believe. And well my opinion is well obviously for the lower speed on the AMD I quite impressed how it keeps up and may even out beat my intel but all in all I cant exactly compare the two they really are both great processors. All I know is if I had to buy another processor I think I might start having some troubles.

Peace
Hellfire(Fish)
Your Favorite Whiny Liberal
+8|6521|Alabama, United States

Maj.Do wrote:

Hellfire(Fish) wrote:

Pentium 4 2.6 ghz
Pentium 4 3.2 ghz HT
Athlon 2600+
Athlon 64 3200+
a cpu is important to a high end gamer.  imagine having a quad system with a 2.6 celeron
Would you rather be running a 2.6 celeron w/ a 7900GT or an AMD FX-580000 w/ a Geforce 6200LE?
I mean honestly, you shouldn't care NEAR as much about that processor as you should about your Video card.
It's where the bottleneck is in your system, not that CPU.
razz
+7|6697|Australia
I rofl @ AMD fanbois who won't accept that Conroe > all. I have my E6600 sitting here in my lap waiting to be installed once my Zalman CNPS9500 gets here.

So I voted Intel.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard