Driller[SV]
+1|6699|Slovenia
I'm sorry if you guys feel angry and write replies in that mood, but try to think rationally - it's just a game, do you want to get ulcerosis for that?

The main problem of this topic is that we hear just one side of the story. I have seen many guys going into incandescence just for being kicked (not banned!) for a (good or bad) reason that the admin felt it was apropriate at the moment. It's strange that the majority of them get many notices first, but obviously in the heat of the battle they didn't see them. They even didn't notice that they are the only one of 32 players on that map parked with their ass in a tank or apc and even their teammates ar jumping strangely in front of them, like playing an obstacle and in the mood to be run over. Maybe in that occasion wasn't like that but who knows? Maybe we should hear the other side (the admin) what is his perspective on the situation. Obviously I belive that is difficult to remember all the guys who have been kicked a week or two ago, as I can notice in every game is some guy that is gonna berserk for one or another reason and demonstrates his anger (or lack of backbone) by whoring a tank on an infantry only map.

@DSRTurtle: Why the hell should be all the servers exactly the same???? Then people will play only on the one with the lowest ping, without tasting the sweetness of diversity. Let me cite it once again:"Different flavours - different servers." Pick your favorite and play fair!
aboltus6216325
+0|6672|mass
mr.warner is a good person feeling all that he got through makes me feel sad(((
DSRTurtle
+56|6705

Driller[SV] wrote:

I'm sorry if you guys feel angry and write replies in that mood, but try to think rationally - it's just a game, do you want to get ulcerosis for that?

The main problem of this topic is that we hear just one side of the story. I have seen many guys going into incandescence just for being kicked (not banned!) for a (good or bad) reason that the admin felt it was appropriate at the moment. It's strange that the majority of them get many notices first, but obviously in the heat of the battle they didn't see them. They even didn't notice that they are the only one of 32 players on that map parked with their ass in a tank or apc and even their teammates ar jumping strangely in front of them, like playing an obstacle and in the mood to be run over. Maybe in that occasion wasn't like that but who knows? Maybe we should hear the other side (the admin) what is his perspective on the situation. Obviously I believe that is difficult to remember all the guys who have been kicked a week or two ago, as I can notice in every game is some guy that is gonna berserk for one or another reason and demonstrates his anger (or lack of backbone) by whoring a tank on an infantry only map.

@DSRTurtle: Why the hell should be all the servers exactly the same???? Then people will play only on the one with the lowest ping, without tasting the sweetness of diversity. Let me cite it once again:"Different flavours - different servers." Pick your favorite and play fair!
I'm not saying they should be the same.  I'm just pointing out that their rule violates the ROE and they could lose their ranked status.  I play on different servers that have different rules a lot.   One server has Mine and Claymore FF on, and they allow UnCap Base Raping.  Another has Mine and Claymore FF on, but they don't allow any sort of UnCap Base Raping.  Another has Mine and Claymore FF off, and allows UnCap Raping if it is the only base they have.  One server has a rule about vehicles.  If you get to it first at the start of the game, fine.  But if you die in the vehicle and someone is waiting for it when you respawn then you have to wait your turn. 

Knife/Pistol servers also violate the ROE.  You see a lot more of this violation than any other.  I know how to get my 18 pistol kills IAR for the Expert when I become eligible, and it won't done in a KP server.  It's called teamwork.

Rules that should be removed from the ROE include anything to do with the Black Hawk since they nerfed it so much as to make it almost useless.  Also, the "repairing of it in flight",  because not only can you repair it in flight, you can repair the MEC and PLA transports in flight along with the RIBs, Vodnicks, and HMMVs by sitting in the 3rd or 4th seat depending on the vehicle.  I'm sure over 95% of those who played the game under 1.03 patch "violated" the rules in this paragraph. 

Admins can not watch everyone in the game all the time.  It is impossible.  However in the server I admin on if we have the opportunity, we will investigate claims of team killing and vehicle stealing and kick or ban as appropriate.  Usually we try to give a warning to specific individuals before we start to watch them closer.  I have no problem in kicking someone for team vehicle stealing the first time.  The second time in the same day I will ban them no questions asked.  Deliberate team killing for a vehicle gets you a ban as soon as I see you do it.  No appeal allowed.  Repeated team killing for no reason will earn you a ban from our server automatically.  Exceptions are allowed like AA missles hitting and killing a full Black Hawk when it is obvious that the offender was trying to shoot down a J-10. 

BF2 is very hard to admin.  If I'm having a bad day and getting owned I will not kick or ban someone from the opposing team unless a fellow admin has also witnessed the same incident that I suspect is a rules violation.  If they comp;lain on our website, then I have an eye witness to back me up.  While I hate getting owned I try very hard to give other players a fair shake before enforcing the rules.  I'm less likely to kick or ban someone when I am getting owned.

Last edited by DSRTurtle (2006-08-28 05:08:58)

.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6473|The Twilight Zone
DSRTurtle maybe you should ckeck ROE again. The rules say that on a official EA bf2 server infantry only is prohibited but on private servers admins make the rules. And EA AGREES with that! So dont be a smart ass.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Driller[SV]
+1|6699|Slovenia
Hmmm.... Supr3macy you're not right. Look at paragraph 1.5  here This is a general rules violation, but what are rules made for if not to be bended
DSRTurtle
+56|6705
Limiting vehicles, kits and/or weapons on any ranked server public or private is prohibited at all times.  Try Again.

Last edited by DSRTurtle (2006-08-28 08:06:14)

warp-10
+0|6475
why dont all you moaning gits just rent your own servers problem solved
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6473|The Twilight Zone
thank YOU warp-10!
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Septimius2
+9|6488
sure... go and spend a lot of cash for a server... but dont think yoiu can just make up ALL of the rules... you sign a contract to follow the ROE.. which CLEARLY lists the things you can and cannot do...

just my 2 cents... im a newb
Graphic
Real Horrorshow
+24|6515|Nevada
137.Warzone2 *24/7 Warlord*

Kicked for repeatedly killing the admin and for 15-1 k/d, on the trumped up grounds of "excessive teamkilling."

Last edited by Graphic (2006-08-30 16:29:06)

FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6550|Boston, MA
Just watch this video and read the comments:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=iR7yjjDw6j0

Server IP is 66.148.75.108:16567

I was USMC and tried to capture the Chinese airfield. I saw the J10 was about to take off so I shot it and a member of the clan yelled "kick frankie for spawn raping!" First off, I'm USMC on Wake Island, there is no spawn raping. Second off, I killed one guy in a jet, how is that spawn raping? Third off, I was the best guy on the server. So I got banned from there.

Also note that I will remove that video in a few days so don't be surprised if it doesn't come up when you look for it later.
DSRTurtle
+56|6705

FrankieSpankie3388 wrote:

Just watch this video and read the comments:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=iR7yjjDw6j0

Server IP is 66.148.75.108:16567

I was USMC and tried to capture the Chinese airfield. I saw the J10 was about to take off so I shot it and a member of the clan yelled "kick frankie for spawn raping!" First off, I'm USMC on Wake Island, there is no spawn raping. Second off, I killed one guy in a jet, how is that spawn raping? Third off, I was the best guy on the server. So I got banned from there.

Also note that I will remove that video in a few days so don't be surprised if it doesn't come up when you look for it later.
Somebody was having a bad day and took it out on you.

If the flag can be capped, anything goes that isn't obvious stat padding like knife/revive/knife.  etx.
fumanchus
+0|6718
powerful words my friend. +1 for you.
sgt-pitbull
+0|6467
Can i ask  you all some thing? do you know of a server called  24/7 GULF OF OMAN [RUS] ? Well if you do dont go to it  the admin is a dick. well put it this way i was playing with him and i was wating for a chopper  and out of know were he comes and tacks its but i didn't say crap to him rofl and after he got in the air he hit the ground  i didn't call him noob or stuff like that i jsut did lol and after he got killed he came to get the chopper  but i got it frest so you know  what he dose because i got the chopper and he didn't he bans me and the ban sed you have ben baned for.... this is what he sed .....banded for.. Noob Fag Jue just like that just what i sed [noob fag jue]  all because i got the chopper before he did rolf its so sad so if you see the server called 24/7 GULF OF OMAN [RUS] dont go on it ok becasue the admin is a jack a$$ he well ban you for the dumest crap so dont go on 24/7 GULF OF OMAN [RUS]               
                                                                      TY FOR READY THIS
                                                                      -----------------------
Septimius2
+9|6488
i USED to have that one on my favorites list.. but now all it is is plane whoring RUS.. thats it... you get a RUS on the ground pounding it and ive noticed a not so good KDR for em... now... i just snipe on these games....  lol.. like to enjoy my coffee while ill play... it IS just a game.. but. when i get in a server with 30 some odd peeps and they all just waiting for planes or choppers.. and cleaning up the other team... well i move to another server...

Never heard em trash talk or anything like that... they just like to get in the planes..  i think the whole clan just practices with planes..lol...  just rambling though..

a good server i find is the kubra dam u all server... the admins seem cool.. and will be very strict on you... but it has a good mix of ground and plane peeps.....  hell.. all i want is someone to snipe... give me 7 or 8 kills and a hot cup of Foldgers.. and im happy
DancinHomer
Gaming While Intoxicated
+27|6646|UK
'FIRE-COPS HIGH POINTS'

Anybody know who Admins this server?

I just got banned for 'Excessive team killing' after not one single team kill, obviously because the admin was getting pwnd by me, the opposition.

Any feedback on the Admin would be much appreciated, then I can show him what team killing 'really' is!

Thanks

gandlers
+4|6720

DancinHomer wrote:

'FIRE-COPS HIGH POINTS'

Anybody know who Admins this server?

I just got banned for 'Excessive team killing' after not one single team kill, obviously because the admin was getting pwnd by me, the opposition.

Any feedback on the Admin would be much appreciated, then I can show him what team killing 'really' is!

Thanks

Yeah...one of teh admins is called InvisibleHu and he's a total fucking homo.......

he was playing mec on sharkler trying to be a helo whore..i spawned in usmc and started a squad, jumped in the cobra at tb station ans took to the skies...i spotted the mec helo enroute back to mec helopad...I engaged him halfway across the water and being a total asshole he shit his pants...flew in circles for a while trying to spot me....he then flew into me and blamed me for ramming telling me i was gonna get banned (cos he's shit). Later I took to the skies again this time id piced up a gunner and we engaged this a-hole again.....i landed a few missile on him and the gunner finished him off....silence.. after re-arming at the tv station...i encountered him again.......i let rip with the missiles and shot him down....
at this point he spat the dummy out because he's obviously a huge faggot....
I got banned "to make room for admins"
LMFOA.....what a total fucking homo loser....you get pwned by a helo noob (yup....hardly been flying helos but i think i need to as they are hardcore...lol) and you cry like a fag and ban someone who's better than you.

INVISIBLEHU you need to grow up and stop being a faggot. Face it, there will always be people in life better than you at something.....being a man is about accepting it.
I guess you'll never understand that, you and your clan fags should just carry on felating each other for kicks....
you banned me, but you can never change the fact that 3 times out of 3 encounters i pwnd u....HAHAHA....U R SHIT
h2ostg2
+4|6626|winston salem,nc
its amazing what ppl ramble on about on here. there are bad admins out there as well as bad rules. get over it. when you are loading the game try to read the entry rules before you get to the game. if you disagree with them then disconnect when you get to the game. if you get kicked for some absurd reason dont rejoin just to bitch about it. move on to another server. i have a favorites list of servers that i play on i rarely stray from that list because of stupid admins.  i am an admin on the MVC/H2O server.  our rules are simple no team killing and commander must have a mic (this one because you can say things faster than shorthand typing).  as far as spawn camping or raping uncaps----why not. you have the option of spawning somewhere else and if its your last base then what the hell were you doing during the last 20 minutes of battle. you obviously werent looking at the mini-map to even know what was happening. as an admin defending other admins while i am playing i cant tell what is happening on the opposite team until someone brings it an mvc/h2o members attention. yes you may get kicked for teamkilling when some jerk stood on the runway before you took off but i will try to look at how many negative points you have before i kick. you may just get warned. most respectable  servers have either teamspeak or ventrillo with which you can openly voice your disdain. try that before coming here to piss and moan about there unfairness. alot of our problems can be worked out right when it happens. coming here may take days to get a response. 

thanks,
stg2

69.65.15.14  :16567 is our site we welcome everyone to come and play here

Last edited by h2ostg2 (2006-09-03 11:58:55)

DSRTurtle
+56|6705
Not all the rules can be posted in that little space when your first joining the server.
kardinalios
+7|6711|Greece
Check my new pic...
Kick for stealing!!!!!!!!!!

The story...
Play in Wake in Game Time Kiddies server.
Wait to get the F-35 to spawn.
2 more guys wait too. The |AR|Mallocor11b who was the admin and primalrusty.
Get the plane first,but i got teamkilled from primalrusty.Punish him.
Then i got a kick by |AR|Mallocor11b for STEALING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How can you steal a plane from your team?
Septimius2
+9|6488
maybe he felt it when you lifted his wallet while you were waiting for the plane? be more subtle...
Rogue_Delta
+6|6475
dude, you are soooo right. you buy BF2 you go to ranked servers and think the game is the same about everywhere. NOT.

I was kicked from a server that said no tanks, no APCs. vehicles only for transport. Fine, I spawn and I see a bunch of tanks and APCs they were mauling my team at the train accident. Spend some time as AT. Round is over. New round. I spawn all the way back at the factory and jump in the tank. I come across a humvey and I blow it. I get kicked. WTF? call me stupid...
h2ostg2
+4|6626|winston salem,nc
you are correct turtle. but the major rules are generally there. everyone should know that teamkilling is not allowed in damn near every ranked server on here.  so i dont understand the rationallity behind anyone that teamkills coming here and bitchin about it. now if you are on the runway and run someone over, they of course will punnish you.  when you crash and come back to the wait point, try typing in about how whoever keeps punishing you for running them over. most respectable admins read the chat logs before they kick. also i wonder how many complainers in here punish for teamkills when they get run over by vehicles or when on the uav there is 25 hostiles at the surveillance post and only one friendly and he gets mowed down by the helo. yes the helo gets 25 kills and a team punish for that. friendly fire will happen. ppl be alert to the mini map and you will know when the helo is comin in for the kill. when you go to cross a road in real life do you even bother to look both ways. reading these logs i would gather that most dont. your lucky to spend a lot of time in the game or you might get hit by an suv.
DSRTurtle
+56|6705
If I'm in combat with the enemy I never punish for a TK.  It's when some noob shoots me on the deck of the carrier as I'm waiting for a vehicle to respawn that I punish.  Some of the most common rules I've seen are no Team Killing, No Bunny Hopping and No Spawn Raping Uncaps.  The UnCap rule I have seen a lot of variations on depending on the server. 

Personallly If I find a server that has rules I don't like I leave.  I don't say anything ugly as I leave.  Each server is entitle to their rules.  Most of the ones I play in have them scrolling at the upper left side of the screen.  I play on one server where I don't like one of their rules, but because they run maps I like to play I follow the rules.
twz_stryker
+4|6521|San Antonio, TX
This was a new one to me, playing the http://www.tdbrigade.org/ server running the 1.4 patch and about half way through a match on the new map jala I get warned and then banned for what the server tells me excessice team killing.....hrmm...ok I did TK one guy by accident and apologized, which the teammate said no problem to and forgave me, so I didn't understand the ban. So I looked up the main guys e-mail addy from the website and e-mail me saying that a misunderstanding happened and I would like back in. Well he tells me that I used my "knife" to shoot people. That's a new one to me, though on some threads in google there seemed to be a problem with peopels skins not showing the selected weapon so maybe this is the same glitch. However the admin, -=T.D.B=-Rooster, explain I had to be cheating cause I was trying to kill him with my knife that was shooting bullets supposedly. Umm...he was also on the oppisite team so not sure where excessive team killing came from. This goes to show you that some and few admins are narrow minded and are easy to point a finger at anyone and yell cheater for no apparent reason. I admin my own server and I would have asked them to explain what i saw instead of just banning them and reporting them to EA for a whim because you thought they cheated. I have never cheated in my entire gaming life and I am extremely offended that this admin thought to call me one for no further proof than he thought my knife shot bullets at him. My stats also reflect I play on thier server a lot due to the low pings and fun I used to have with them. Hell my number one enemy is one of thier clan members. Anyways this is my rant for the night and good gaming to all.

Stryker

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard