DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6545|Doncaster, UK
You're not ignorant, it's a vehicle. They'll be the next to go and then the chinese will just camp the shore and shoot all the USMC swimming from the carrier. Spawnrape in IO is possible.

I won't be playing IO on anything but SF maps. I think the SF maps really lend themselves to IO and are dominated by vehicles way too much. I'll still play the standard "vehicles included" mode on SF as well, and adapt to the situation through wise choice of kit.

What bugs me most is that until now IO has been against the ROE because EA/DiCE felt it represented an imbalance to the game and was likely to result in a biased way to boost your stats. Now it's okay and BTW it's ranked. I couldn't actually give a crap about my stats cos I'm crap, but I enjoy playing for the fun of it and the game has gradually been nerfed into non-existence because of whiners getting their own way.
fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6566

FrankieSpankie3388 wrote:

1 - No transports, I know you get a lot more sprint but that will just make it easier to avoid artillery and makes the game seem a lot less realistic, just give us transports with no guns.
2 - Increased armor, you have to be literally on top of a grenade 3 times to die, leave the damn health how it is.

And what about carrier maps? Do they expect you to swim?
1. Infantry Only is only interesting on all SF maps and some selected maps like Jalalabad, Karkand, Sharqi, Mashtuur, Great Wall, 16 player Gulf Of Oman. On these maps you don't need any vehicles.

2. Your informations are wrong, there isn't any increase in health/damage. Only the Sprint Energy's doubled.

3. There'll be boats on carrier maps.

Last edited by fierce (2006-08-23 06:57:55)

splixx
ChupaCABRA
+53|6737|Omaha, Nebraska
Is this battlefield 2 or counterstrike?
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6767|Human Meat Shield
Why do idiots always compare CS: and BF2?? Each game has differences and attractions.

BF2 is different as you can have the ability to fight as only a ground trooper as I do, sure there are tanks, planes and what-not, People play differently, some like to laugh it up and be skill-less in a tank or plane while there are infantry to mow down; why do you think on Wake everone wants a plane? On Kark - the tanks dont fight each other? On Dalian choppers dont fight each other? Because no one wants to be primarily infantry to get mowed down. I spend less than 13% in vehicles and Im doing just fine. I go for the competitiveness, I think ground troopers require more skill and its much, much, much more competitive as you have all things to worry about.

CS:S is different in the enjoyment of fighting in buildings, no vehicles to ride in, but mainly the beauty in graphics.

TWo seperate games. You might want to compare the "Alien" and the "Predator". Different species but after the same thing.
DSRTurtle
+56|6684

Cheddarmuff wrote:

DSRTurtle wrote:

Trel wrote:

Ya, it's going to rock being in the middle of nowhere and spending the rest of the round running to anywhere useful.

Question: Wake Island 2007.  USMC supposed to swim now?
No they will have the boats in the bottom of the carrier to get to shore.  Or you can swim if you want.
Pardon my ignorance, but isn't a boat an example of a VEHICLE?
It is, but EA/DICE decided to put the boats back in so that the USMC side would have both a chance to make it shore without getting killed by the other side being all snipers, and as a means to speed up how quickly they got to shore. 

That being said.  AT guys will have a use on Wake to kill those boats.

Not only will Wake have boats, but any map in which the USMC has the Carrier as an uncap.
Drax
Paddles/Plane Whore
+28|6559|Australia, NSW
ZOMG the 1337 Boat Whores are destyoying my ak skills down!!! AARRrgggHhh!
US [RIB] You
[artillery on carrier hits confused noobs waiting for choppers killing 20 people]

lol wake will be hilarious, cant wait for it, even tho i still reckon that normal bf2 will be better. the whole stats system will be screwed up, because IOO (infantry only only) players wont have the deaths from coming across a tank or jet etc. half of the IO players will be the ones most worried about their stats, and the ppl who whined about a certain vehicle killing them. people need to deal with it and stop the crying. And having a look at this thread, the majority of people are whining about the amount of whiners, dam these whiners.
Longbow
+163|6645|Odessa, Ukraine
I'm against IO . I have infatry KDR 1.82 & 64% of my kills come from ground pounding .
The only vehicle I use is attack helo. Most of kills come from TV guided missile .

Why I'm against IO ? Because it is Battlefield 2 ppl , the game based on vehicles . If you cant deal with them - leave ,don't make this game 'better' ( better for yourself , not for those who don't whine )  .
Sambuccashake
+126|6609|Sweden
I'll probably check it out (I've got to see the slaughter on Wake) but I prefer to play the whole game.
(With vehicles and whatnot)
SniperF0x
+49|6523
The only reason i'm against infantry mode is that i'll imbalance the game... for example the anti armor class.
But other than that, finaly no tank/plane/heli whores, that makes far more up for it.
Zanzura
Shallow and Pedantic
+2|6670|Toronto, Ontario, Canada
This thought is stuck in my mind on infantry only mode. If it's a ranked server option, people are still going to play Strike at Karkand and play nothing but medic. I doubt people are gonna play any of the wide open water/ground maps like Zatar Wetlands and Operation Clean Sweep with Infantry Only. It's only going to be abused by stat whores who love Karkand and now this is just a big happy gift from EA and DICE to make stat padding easier. People are going to play Strike at Karkand and be joyful that there's no Armor or anything to interfere and now can spray each other to death with their rifles and keep reviving each other, resulting in extremely long rounds of fighting in the grenade alley and mass reviving.

EDIT: Oh and there's most likely going to be a massive clutter of servers playing "Karkand 24/7 Infantry Only"

Last edited by Zanzura (2006-08-30 15:28:53)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard