DSRTurtle
+56|6685
It being ranked will make comparing stats meaningless.  Dealing with vehicles is part of the game and part of warfare.  Sure you karkand hotel point whores won't be killed by APC's blasting the area, but that's what the Armor is supposed to do after killing enemy armor.  All IO is going to do help legimitize Knife Pistol servers.
xX[Elangbam]Xx
+107|6697
Heres the thing, you shouldn't care about stats in the first place b/c it doesn't mean anything since the first statpadder came around. Who cares, its just a game and we've paid $50 for it. If we want to play it a certain way then we will. You don't have to play IO but you're just making a big deal out of it. If you can't last a minute groundpounding go to some vehicle server.
DSRTurtle
+56|6685
i spend as much time groundpounding as I do in a vehicle.  That's why I care.  You want to play without worrying about armor or other heavy vehicles, play Mashtuur and take the 2 points where the helo and armor spawn. Hold them and you won't have to worry about "heavy vehicles"
Dodoextinct
+16|6649
lol. I can't wait for INF mode. And then I go into normal servers and watch all the vehicles whore teamkill each other. GOLD!
J=MAN
+25|6657|OZ

el.fleisch wrote:

Only in the real infantry fight you can show your skills!
You mean "only in the real infantry fight you can show your bunny-hopping, dolphin-diving and macros".

el.fleisch wrote:

how many percent of your kills you've done with a real weapon?
By "real weapon", do you mean "infantry weapon"? If so: 51%

el.fleisch wrote:

I'm sure it's < 50%! And now look the your K/D in the weapons section: I'm sure it's < 1!
Wrong.

el.fleisch wrote:

All who are against the No Vehicles Option are *** **** ** **** vehicle-whores!!!
I'm against ranked no vehicles mode, and I'm not a vehicle-whore. All who are FOR ranked no vehicle mode are too crap to dodge tanks, too daft to pick the right kit for the map/situation or too broke to buy CounterStrike.

Battlefield 2 will not be Battlefield 2 without the vehicles. Happy walking, losers!
Stealth42o
She looked 18 to me officer
+175|6671
Cannot agree more, +1.  Made me look up my stats:

Weapons:

Time               Kills              Deaths            K/D     

Total      344:33:59      12,017      8,734              1.38         

Vehicles:

Total      144:36:06      5,372               2,357              2.28

Zukabazuka
+23|6685
CS is not the same as BF2, you dont take over controls points in CS, you don't have medics in CS you don't have ammo bags in CS and last you don't have the same weapon as CS:S.

Second I'm tired of being AT kit almost everytime now because everyone have their own personal APC or tank, I know tanks can go down in 2 rockets but with the shitty hit registration you still need 4 missiles to take down the friking tank because it somehow miss the weakpoints.

Last thing WHAT DO YOU GUYS HAVE AGAINST THIS OPTION ANYWAY? Just because you guys can't spawn camp as much as before when you running around in a tank doesn't meen we like it.
KillerYaNk
Hard Case
+11|6681|S.E. United States

J=MAN wrote:

el.fleisch wrote:

Only in the real infantry fight you can show your skills!
You mean "only in the real infantry fight you can show your bunny-hopping, dolphin-diving and macros".

el.fleisch wrote:

how many percent of your kills you've done with a real weapon?
By "real weapon", do you mean "infantry weapon"? If so: 51%

el.fleisch wrote:

I'm sure it's < 50%! And now look the your K/D in the weapons section: I'm sure it's < 1!
Wrong.

el.fleisch wrote:

All who are against the No Vehicles Option are *** **** ** **** vehicle-whores!!!
I'm against ranked no vehicles mode, and I'm not a vehicle-whore. All who are FOR ranked no vehicle mode are too crap to dodge tanks, too daft to pick the right kit for the map/situation or too broke to buy CounterStrike.

Battlefield 2 will not be Battlefield 2 without the vehicles. Happy walking, losers!
coming from an aviator/tank whore your ass never walks anyway,loser.
the main thing is here is to IO or not to IO,youll have a choice.so to bitch whether to have it or not to have it is a big waste of time.I would like to have the choice,so you have to walk,IO combat will be a nice change and if I dont like it,I wont play it...

Last edited by KillerYaNk (2006-08-19 06:50:48)

irishk9
His eminence
+1|6532|Ireland
Its all about respect,i have more respect for the cheese on my nob than i have for vehicle whores who have a cheese burger in one hand and their other hand on the mouse pressing fire from the tank they are sitting in,the lazy pieces of sh**.Try using more than one brain cell when you lot are gaming.
LT.Victim
+1,175|6562|British Columbia, Canada
The no Vehicle Option is.. Just a Option, you dont like it dont play servers that are going to run it..
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6630|Washington, DC

irishk9 wrote:

Its all about respect,i have more respect for the cheese on my nob than i have for vehicle whores who have a cheese burger in one hand and their other hand on the mouse pressing fire from the tank they are sitting in,the lazy pieces of sh**.Try using more than one brain cell when you lot are gaming.
Hm because evidently there isn't any skill involved flying a JSF in Oman, with 4 AA sites painting you and an Su-34 on your ass. You're so full of yourself. I groundpound as much as I use vehicles and I think IO is stupid. What the fuck did you buy BF2 for?
DSRTurtle
+56|6685
Think about how hard you to have to work get expert awards.  Those of you who have them know what i'm talking about.  Now think about how much easier SOME of those will be to get when you don't have tanks, apc's and/or airplanes blowing your ass away everytime you turn around.  You read about people complaining how hard it is to get the Basic Knife Badge.  I got it and the Vet Knife Badge before they changed the requirements for Vet and Expert.  I got the Expert after they changed the requirements.  So to those who got their Expert Knife Badge legit I feel your award has been cheapened by the requirement changes.  That's how I feel about IO mode.  It will cheapen the value of certain expert awards which will be easier to earn on IO mode maps.  Depending on player limit and map size it could meke other awards easier to earn as well.  Example.  SF maps whith a IAR of 100pts to get the medals.  It can be hard enough to get them on 16 player servers running 64 player maps.  IO mode can make that a lot easier to do.
Zukabazuka
+23|6685
Geez, I don't care about points I just want to have fun, and with tanks spawncamping its just get anoying because people still wont spawn as AT.
KingLou
Banned
+79|6623|Las Vegas
How can people buy a game that is heavily based on vehicle usage, and then complain about the vehicles being used?  Perhaps all you whiners need to just admit you f-ed up and bought the wrong game.......dummies. 

Hearing people complain about the vehicles in BF2 really makes me giggle like a schoolgirl (they giggle for some reason...I don't know why exactly).  It's almost as bad as if someone bought a car racing game, and then bitched about all the vehicles.  "They should have a 'footrace only' option!!!"

Get real people.  They should call the "infantry only" option the "Oh shit, I bought the wrong game, and I'm a dumbass" option. 

KiL
SEMPER
+4|6459
why dont u GO PLAY CS
Phrozenbot
+632|6615|do not disturb

Maps that have armor and infantry co-existing in a fun manner are hard to come by. The only map that I think does this is Great Wall. Infantry is on the walls and armor can't usually reach them, so they seek the enemy armor. It's that simple. Go get Euro Forces now.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6694|Howell, Mi USA

SEMPER wrote:

why dont u GO PLAY CS
QFE

And all u IO noobs are ruining the BF series
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6768|Human Meat Shield

el.fleisch wrote:

Everywhere in the forum I read that some people are against the No Vehicles Option of the patch 1.4!
Only in the real infantry fight you can show your skills! Look at YOUR stats in the section "Weapons": how many percent of your kills you've done with a real weapon? I'm sure it's < 50%! And now look the your K/D in the weapons section: I'm sure it's < 1! (or at least at lot of smaller than your K/D in the vehicle section)
Well I agree, but I like killing the tanks personally. Nothing makes me more happier than to see the same person everytime hop in armor and just to belt him with AT or C4. SO I'd prefer tanks actually as it gives cover and traps for the same team. I adapt to armor or aircraft, they dont bother me.

You are right in the fact that most people have a 3.0 SPM, 3.0 K/D and weapons is a mere .56.. pffft! And they think they are good.

Most of us veterans do have a good W/R. Bushviper is really good..medic... I consider W/R of 1 actually above average.
Zukabazuka
+23|6685

SEMPER wrote:

why dont u GO PLAY CS
BF2 AND CS:S IS NOT THE SAME EVEN IF ITS IO. Gameplay is different, game doesn't end after everyones dies, there is no last man standing. Have you guys even played CS?
TripleKo
+2|6780|Sweden
Play on a server without "No Vehicle Option" if you don't want.
It's good that DICE makes it possible to play ranked in more ways.
That way you can play in what way you want.
Guys like you shall not decide what other people should do!
Let every single BF2 player decide on their own if they want to choose to play on a "No Vehicle"-server or a normal server.
Trel
+70|6677
Ya, it's going to rock being in the middle of nowhere and spending the rest of the round running to anywhere useful.

Question: Wake Island 2007.  USMC supposed to swim now?
Good to be back.
DSRTurtle
+56|6685

Trel wrote:

Ya, it's going to rock being in the middle of nowhere and spending the rest of the round running to anywhere useful.

No they will have the boats in the bottom of the carrier to get to shore.  Or you can swim if you want.
Cheddarmuff
+21|6652
I want to see an infantry only Wake Island server....that would be cool....everyone swimming around trying for the entire game...

lol...I am an idiot...
Cheddarmuff
+21|6652

DSRTurtle wrote:

Trel wrote:

No they will have the boats in the bottom of the carrier to get to shore.  Or you can swim if you want.
Pardon my ignorance, but isn't a boat an example of a VEHICLE?
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6530|Boston, MA
I love infantry (although now I've been using vehicles a lot more because there's not as many people running on foot trying for teamwork anymore.) However, I can say I'm not going to be a big fan of infantry only because:

1 - No transports, I know you get a lot more sprint but that will just make it easier to avoid artillery and makes the game seem a lot less realistic, just give us transports with no guns.
2 - Increased armor, you have to be literally on top of a grenade 3 times to die, leave the damn health how it is.

And what about carrier maps? Do they expect you to swim?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard