Poll

What wine do you drink while browsing the forum?

Cabernet Sauvignon17%17% - 14
Chardonnay20%20% - 16
Chenin Blanc0%0% - 0
Grenache1%1% - 1
Merlot20%20% - 16
Pinot Blanc5%5% - 4
Pinot Gris10%10% - 8
Riesling7%7% - 6
Semillon1%1% - 1
White Zinfandel17%17% - 14
Total: 80
Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6792
This is a rather classy forum. I know we all have our favorite wine glasses in our left hands as we peruse the forums. I was just wondering what wine we are all drinking as we absorb the forum into our minds to ponder them for the rest of the night.

My personal favorite is Merlot 2002

This Merlot had an interesting flavor; after reading the label, I noticed it has 15% Cabernet Sauvignon added to provide "firmness" and "structure" to the wine.

The winemaker succeeded, in my opinion. I found the wine quite palatable with some interesting flavors; a cut above some of the Merlots I've tasted. The wine was very inexpensive, which makes it quite the bargain.

Last edited by Fancy_Pollux (2006-07-18 04:03:15)

kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6695|Southeastern USA
I prefer the lighter fruitier wines, mostly whites and blends/variations of whites, my go to is Pinot Grigio, there are several brands which offer bottles in the sub $15 levels, so you don't go broke while chilling out, and "Voga" and "Ecco Domani" manage to keep it affordable without going sticky sweet like ghetto wine, or overly dry and giving me heartburn, in fact Ecco Domani has a broad range of affordable wines of all flavors that come off pretty good for the money, above that, for guests and dinners, I usually go to the Coppola vintners, $15-40, all styles worth the money, and one of the few Pinot Noirs to again not be overly dry (many of the ones I tried have actually tasted like wood they were so underflavored, OK, so you use oak barrels, I get it), and all have fruity/floral flavors, which IMO is what a wine should be, it is afterall grape juice, I have never taken to the overtly spicy ones for some reason.

Since grigio was not on here, i went with my backup, a nice smokey, peachy chardonnay
Capt. Foley
+155|6734|Allentown, PA, USA
Beer when parents arent home. Dose that count?
claydawg
Chuck Norris' Homeboy
+85|6769|Oxford, MS
Merlot all the way.  Love it.
travisb05
bullseye (+)
+58|6845|U.S
im going chardonnay because that is the only one i know people like i cant drink though and why do you drink while going on forums
P.s this could be in bf2s chatter

Last edited by travisb05 (2006-07-17 20:58:18)

chittydog
less busy
+586|6981|Kubra, Damn it!

You said Merlot 2002, but what kind of Merlot? Every vineyard has good and bad years which are totally independent from the type of grape they're using. I personally find Merlot a little heavy for my tastes and veer more towards a nice Sauvignon. It could just be because Merlot tends to remind me a little too much of my old days drinking good ol' 20/20.

Edit: I put a null vote cuz nuthin' quite goes with BF2 like Mountain Dew...

Last edited by chittydog (2006-07-17 21:05:37)

{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6724|Florida
skip whine, jump to the Gin and Tonic!
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6842|NJ
This made me get up and grab a glass of wine.
Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6792
I suggest you all check this vineyard out:

http://www.caduceus.org/
ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6865|Las Vegas
All of my most favored wines are made with barley malt and hops.  Do these count?
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6811|NT, like Mick Dundee

One of the funniest threads ever...
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6909

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

This is a rather classy forum. I know we all have our favorite wine glasses in our left hands as we peruse the forums. I was just wondering what wine we are all drinking as we absorb the forum into our minds to ponder them for the rest of the night.

My personal favorite is Merlot 2002

This Merlot had an interesting flavor; after reading the label, I noticed it has 15% Cabernet Sauvignon added to provide "firmness" and "structure" to the wine.

The winemaker succeeded, in my opinion. I found the wine quite palatable with some interesting flavors; a cut above some of the Merlots I've tasted. The wine was very inexpensive, which makes it quite the bargin.
That was going great until you mispelt the last word.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6862
anything good
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6788|Burmecia, Land of the Rain
where the hell is my Chianti?

i can't impersonate Hannibal Lector without my chianti.. and pollux's liver...

and some fava beans..
Sin-nisterMinister
You have been blessed... with my rifle!
+43|6742|Bellmawr, NJ, US
Back on topic, I like the dryer wines so I went with Cabernet Sauvignon.  Specifically, Australian Cabernet Sauvignons.  They go great with my wifes pasta gravy, which is a little spicy but not "burn the shit out of your mouth" spicy.  We like to try new brands, but if we need a good cheap wine, we reach for either Wyndham Estates Bin 555 or Yellow Tail, or a slightly higher quailty Kendall Jackson (not Aus).

I am not a fan of white wines.  Too fruity for me.  It's like drinking fruit juice with a funny after taste, IMO.

Merlot has my backup vote.
The Stillhouse Kid
Licensed Televulcanologist
+126|6788|Deep In The South Of Texas
Thunderbird and a pack of Newport Menthol 100's FTW!
JaM3z
Banned
+311|6857
missed out rioja, you obvioulsy have no idea on good wine..............
Wasder
Resident Emo Hater
+139|6821|Moscow, Russia
Where's Crystal champange option? hehe
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6917|AUS, Canberra
cab sav owns
Darth_Fleder
Mod from the Church of the Painful Truth
+533|6953|Orlando, FL - Age 43
I prefer a fine Riesling.
Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6792

JaM3z wrote:

missed out rioja, you obvioulsy have no idea on good wine..............
pfffft
=TFF=Omen_NataS
+60|6686
merlot pwnt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anfidurl
Use the bumper, that's what its for!
+103|6739|Lexington, Kentucky
Null vote: Mountian dew and or beer. (Classy beer, tho.)
tvmissleman
The Cereal Killer
+201|6804| United States of America
no wine, no beer, no smokes, a mountain dew will do just fine
bubbass
humble
+61|6715
Pabst Blue Ribbon.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard