King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6596|Seattle

Hello everyone, I feel odd posting this thread but I think that it will help some people who knew Skeet, aka: Skeetman68 or anyone else who has had a similar situation. I'll also start this thread by saying that if anyone talks shit or is disrespectful in anyway, I will ask the mods to ban your heartless soul.

I am his younger brother's best friend and also consider myself to be a good friend of Skeet. Through some difficult times, we all lose touch of what is real and what is really important in life. A few months ago, Skeet took his own life. I've not really been able to talk much about it but I think it's time to start the healing process.

Skeetman68 was a First Sergeant with about 41,000 points. It's hard to look at his stats as they also post the date each was awarded. Please don't go there. His brother wants me to have his computer since he does not play video games and probably never will.

I guess my point of this thread is that I would like to find anyone else who has played with skeetman68. I would like to become friends with his friends and I don't know whether to continue his legacy by playing as him or start a new account on it, but to me, that would kind of be like letting him go which will not happen in my lifetime. What do you all think I should do? I do not want to disrespect anyone who knew Skeet or used to play with him on-line but I also can't bring myself to delete his account off the computer.

I miss him a lot and have been trying to help his brother get through all of this as he lost his job due to his absence.

*Please do not give me any karma on this thread as I am not looking for pity, only advise.

Thanks for listening,
   Downy~

Last edited by King_County_Downy (2006-07-17 14:59:39)

Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
Bernadictus
+1,055|6736

What happend to him, apart from dieing offcourse. Accident? Disease? Suicide?
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6596|Seattle

Bernadictus wrote:

He took his own life.
travisb05
bullseye (+)
+58|6698|U.S
sorry bout that
joker3327
=IBF2=
+305|6597|Cheshire. UK

King_County_Downy wrote:

Bernadictus wrote:

He took his own life.
Sorry for your loss mate...even worse when they do it that way...
mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6762|d
how sad, play wth his account and kick som arse.
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
+369|6829|Denver colorado
pretty sad. sorry about that.
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6596|Seattle

mafia996630 wrote:

how sad, play wth his account and kick som arse.
That's what I think too. I just didn't know if that was wierd or anything. I think it's the right thing to do and I would like to get him all the awards he never had. I played on his account with his brother next to me the other day and I got him a few new medals. It felt good, like I was giving him something back and I would like to continue helping him get the awrds he never had.

Last edited by King_County_Downy (2006-07-17 15:28:54)

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6631|949

Shitty.  I have had 4 friends, 2 very close to me commit suicide, all within 2 years of each other.  The thing is that you never get over it, and you never stop asking why they did it or if there was something you could have said to persuade them not to.  The younger brother of one is my boss, and I always find it difficult to talk with him about his brother, but he is able to rather well actually.  Only time will make it better, and thats all it will do, there really isn't any type of solution. 
Personally, I would keep his stats and account as a kind of shrine to him, something that you can always check up on like you are checking up on him.  But I don't know him, or your relationship with him, so maybe that isn't the best thing to do.  Either way, stuff like this sucks, especially if they are relatively young.
Simon
basically
+838|6657|UK
wow, im sorry to hear that man, but as we all know life goes on, im not sure why he took his own life but I definatly think you should keep helping his brother as well. I think you should not delete his account, it will leave you a small something of what is left, maybe start an account called Skeetman R.I.P or something along the lines, just make sure you have something too remember him by.

Sorry to hear that Downy,

Simon
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6695|NJ
King playing on his account is bad news, I'm sorry man but if your online with it and people who know him your going to have to explain what happened over and over again to people. Now if that will help you with your grief maybe you should do it, but I wouldn't want to because everytime I had to explain it it would bring the pain back.

Sorry for your loss and I hope this helped

Kevin
T4rd
+44|6675|West Point, NY
Damn... if I was in your situation; I dont think I could even take his computer.  If I did, then I definitely wouldn't be able to play with his name or use any of his identities on anything.  I would feel like I'm impersonating him and dilluting his stats that wouldn't be "his" anymore if I started playing with them.  I just wouldn't feel right to me.  That's just me though.  I'm not saying you're wrong for doing so.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6643
depression is as serious a disease as cancer
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6641|Burmecia, Land of the Rain

cpt.fass1 wrote:

King playing on his account is bad news, I'm sorry man but if your online with it and people who know him your going to have to explain what happened over and over again to people. Now if that will help you with your grief maybe you should do it, but I wouldn't want to because everytime I had to explain it it would bring the pain back.

Kevin
Downy i'm really sorry to hear that. It's this kinda thing that makes you realise how precious life really is..

I kinda agree with this guy as far as the explaining to everyone bit goes.. but on the other hand.. i think you should use his account as a mark of repsect for the guy.. Continue owning noobs for him..

I dont really know what to say.. other than rest in peace mate..

god bless.
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6737|The Hague, Netherlands

Sorry to hear that m8.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6596|Seattle

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Kevin

T4rd wrote:

Damn... if I was in your situation; I dont think I could even take his computer.  If I did, then I definitely wouldn't be able to play with his name or use any of his identities on anything.  I would feel like I'm impersonating him and dilluting his stats that wouldn't be "his" anymore if I started playing with them.  I just wouldn't feel right to me.  That's just me though.  I'm not saying you're wrong for doing so.
I hear you and totally agree. I'm torn down the middle. I think you are probably right though, perhaps starting a new account like Skeetman68*R.I.P. or something to that affect like mentioned above would be the best thing to do.

Thanks for the kind words,

-Kevin   (yes, that's my name too )
j5f5ff
+11|6749
Sorry for your loss.
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6549|CH/BR - in UK

yes, believe me, depression is bad... I'm glad I never actually followed through with your brother's friend's plan, and believe me, I was close...
You will obviously not be able to block this from your mind, but try and accept it and carry on with life...
That's really my best advice I can give...

- Bernardo (betcha haven't seen this name around )
rawls2
Mr. Bigglesworth
+89|6559
Tonight when I login and play the first kill is for Skeetman68. Ill pray for him and his family in church aswell.
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6596|Seattle

rawls2 wrote:

Tonight when I login and play the first kill is for Skeetman68. Ill pray for him and his family in church aswell.
Thanks bro, that's very nice of you
PFCStenzel
Check your AA alarm...
+82|6793|Idaho, USA / Age 30
Live his legacy man.  It is the right thing to do.  I had a cousin who took his life also.  I know how you feel dude.  Even though I didn't know him, I know how it feels.    He will be in my prayers and I will make some kills for him in his memory....

Let the legacy of Skeetman live on.......

In his honor -
https://tinypic.com/fot1f

Last edited by PFCStenzel (2006-07-17 16:54:25)

Kaosdad
Whisky Tango Foxtrot?
+201|6678|Broadlands, VA
Downey -

All of my prayers are for you & Skeetman tonight.  Keep his memory alive and he will never be truly gone.

Bugler - Sound Taps.  All; A-TEN-HUT!
PuckMercury
6 x 9 = 42
+298|6526|Portland, OR USA
I would think that any effort to play on as him would be hollow in achievement.  If I were in the situation, I'd retire the name and let it sit on it's own.  Maybe take the name to a new game as an homage.  I'm hardly in a position to know your situation though.  Just making a suggestion.  Prayers are with you.
Snipedya14
Dont tread on me
+77|6694|Mountains of West Virginia
My thoughts are with you.

Sean
Home
Section.80
+447|6847|Seattle, Washington, USA

Sorry to hear that, man. Not that an apology on some forums on the internet is going to change anything, but that is a heartfelt apology. I didn't know him, you did, so what do you think? Would he have rathered that you continue to play on his account or preserve his stats as they are now as a memory? Didn't know him, but my heart goes out to you.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard