Announcement

Poll

The norm should be 'attacking uncaps is allowed' (Discuss)

I agree, attacking uncaps should usually allowed.70%70% - 263
I disagree, attacking uncaps should be frowned upon.29%29% - 111
Total: 374
Sea_JayUK
Member
+19|5903|Notts
First off, sorry if this offends anyone (However i dont see how)

Secondly, only mature points of view on this topic please, or I'll will neg karma on you!!!

Something which bugs me about the BF2 community, the fact that so many people think attacking uncaps is wrong.

Before i go any further I'd like to make two definitions for you;

Base Rape: This is attacking a base constantly, without trying to or being unable to cap a flag.

Spawn Rape: This is pointing your weapon at a place where someone is going to spawn and insta killing as soon as they arrive.

(apologies to those who were already fully aware fo these terms)

Attacking an uncap is seldom Spawn Raping in my opinion, in fact i've only ever been spawn raped at hotel on Karkand in those cases by a knife weilding guy (Pre badge nerfing) and by APC's (again at the hotel).

Now, into my main argument. The way i see it, attacking an uncappable base is no more cheating than attacking a cappable base. in fact, attacking an uncappable gives more advantage to the defending team than defending a normal flag. Reasons for this are that the uncaps always have a plethora of Ground and Air defence stations, several vehicle spawns, and most importantly you can spawn there indefinately. Essentially all you have is a sitation where the enemy is near you when you spawn, the same way any enemy capping a flag would be near you.

While I believe that attacking uncaps is ok, I do disagree with Spawn raping. Namely because you are not outgunning or outclassing an opponent, your opponent may be the best player in the world and will still die to the M95 headshot before he knows where he is. So long as those attacking the uncap dont delieberately point at spawns then I see know reason why uncaps should not be attacked.

Before i open this discussion up i'd like to make 2 little exceptions to attacking uncaps, firstly that attacking uncaps in planes is not really fair, secondly that Artillary on uncaps is also not fair. This si only because I dont think that the people on the ground can either avoid or retaliate and it just makes for a lousy 15 second wait.

I'd also like to make one minor point: EA never intended uncaps to be 'safe zones', hence all the ground defence and no 'Don't attack uncaps' rules on the official servers.

Thanks for reading.

           [BaT] Sea_JayUK
[n00b]Tyler
Banned
+505|5974|Iceland
I am mentally offended by this. I'm not leaving my house for 5 weeks now.

Baseraping is ok if team has all flags
samfink
Member
+31|5935
if a team has all flags,it's not baseraping. it's finishing off the game. ( unless you mean all but uncaps)
Delphy
Member
+45|5965|Bristol, UK
Most of the time, uncap base raping IS spawn killing, or near enough as dammit. Most likely they will steal your armour and stuff, so you will have no chance to fend them off. Also ground defence is nearly useless, you should know that. I fail to see a difference between being killed as you spawn or 10-20 seconds later as you try and escape from your base of rapage and death. It shouldn't be allowed.
iPoon.be
Internet Poon
+145|5909|Belgium
i agree, but only after all the flags have been taken. It doesnt matter anyway, most people ignore rules :p
UK|Hooligan
Seriously, fuck off.
+103|6068|"The Empire"

iPoon.be wrote:

i agree, but only after all the flags have been taken. It doesnt matter anyway, most people ignore rules
Sea_JayUK
Member
+19|5903|Notts

Delphy wrote:

Most of the time, uncap base raping IS spawn killing, or near enough as dammit. Most likely they will steal your armour and stuff, so you will have no chance to fend them off. Also ground defence is nearly useless, you should know that. I fail to see a difference between being killed as you spawn or 10-20 seconds later as you try and escape from your base of rapage and death. It shouldn't be allowed.
I play AT alot, It's a dream when some guy is in front of me when I spawn and he's in a tank

I can see how it would be annoying if you lost your vehicles tho, but surely after they have been blown away it'll take them far longer to get back to the vehicle spawn point than it will for you? Your team will have an advantage in terms of being able to spawn constantly and will eventually take that tank.

Remember, you dont lose points for dying. Only gain them for killing.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,610|6001|London, England
I prefer the skill of taking things out after they spawn and shit. I don't like getting spawn raped and so i don't do it, it's simple really. Some people think destroying planes as they are on the ground is "helping win the game becuase they then don't have access to the vehicles" are the same people that want the BH brough back and want the AA nerfed and want generally things to be as easy and as boring as possible. You're not impressing anyone by getting a huge fuckoff score spawn raping. Just calm down and play it as a game...
[1stSSF]=Nuka=
Banned
+23|6129|PDX Metro Area, OR, US, SOL
We enforce the rule that you may only attack uncaps once you control all of the cappable flags. Having said that, there are certain things that make sense from a defensive situation. For example, hovering the Cobra TV missle range from the beach house to keep the Z10 from taking off makes sense. It's not attacking an uncap, IMHO, but merely waiting for the copter to begin takeoff and keeping that enemy asset from engaging. Moreover, if you're careful, you can take out the Z10, engage enemy armor/ground troops, and return to take out the Z10 without ever getting near the base.

OTOH, repeatedly bombing the carrier on Wake just makes people leave.

If you have all the flags, what should you do, play tiddly-winks until the enemy crosses some invisible demarcation line?

OTOH, spawn raping is simply weak...
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,275|6096
should be allowed.... since the other team is so weak they allowed their enemies to take all flags and move on their main base...
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Anfidurl
Use the bumper, that's what its for!
+103|5972|Lexington, Kentucky
What gets me are these servers who kick anyone for going near an uncap. I mean, why the heck did EA/Dice put those nice TOW launchers and AA emplacements inside an uncap, if not to allow for defending off an attack?
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6223|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Only if they have all flags, then they can go rape their lazy asses.
dalmar72
Member
+6|5900
My take on it is "base raping" should totally be allowed, no if's and's or but's.  Why is it unfair to attack an uncap, yet it is perfectly fair to attack the last remaining spawn point of the enemy...  For example wake island.  The USMC have an uncappable main base (the essex) with the uav and scan trailer pretty much safe from demolition and arty pretty same on an island.  or an engi can always spawn close to it to fix it. but the pla airfield is completely captuarable  leaving all the toys unguarded, or uneasily fixed (except through supply drop)  PLA has no way to take all conrotl points and snuff out the usmc. so at the begining of the round It is important to keep the damn usmc off the island by any way possible, plane raping helicopter raping, hell even arty should be used, because once the usmc has a foothold on the island they can capture all control points and leave the pla no place to spawn, kill the last guy in the jet and the score goes from 270-50 to usmc wins 50-0. 

It does suck when you are the usmc trying to get off the carrier, but you got to work as a team to get it done.  Get the f-35's protecting the transport choppers man both guns on the essex, and hell even try using some boats.

The worst are servers where the rules keep cycling no-base raping, and there is the admin in a Mec chopper hovering around the docks area. 

thats just my 2 cents
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6141

No.  No base rape.  Let the enemy gather and organize a counter attack.    (sarcasm)
uk-anubis-uk
Member
+21|5902
I think it should be allowed as long as the opposition has no flags left but if they have got flags then whats the point in attackin an uncapp!
Jussimies
Finnish commander whore
+76|5964|Finland
Attacking uncap base is forbidden usually cause there ain't anything else to do there than spawnkill. I get really pissed sometimes cause enemy stoles planes from uncap base and rules say no attacking to uncap base. If that ain't forbidden I will not purposely always spawnkill from uncap base, just enter there if I need some wheels or want to have some fun...
MorbidFetus
Member
+76|5931|Ohio
The object of the game is to kill the enemy, right?
Mouse315
Bash.org Junkie
+105|5900
I think only spec ops should attack uncaps, unless all other flags are captured.

Taking out the commander's assets should never be limited to a specific time.  If the spec ops guy has to defend himself in the enemy base, that doesn't even qualify as attacking in my book.  As long as he is not just cruising for the enemy commander, and just goes in, blows it up, and leaves within a reasonable time thereafter.
ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6099|Las Vegas
I'm all for base raping, including when it is my own base.  That's just part of the game and the way it was meant to be played.

If you absolutely can not handle this concept, well, you can bite me as I slaughter your panzy whining ass in your own base.

Enough said.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6223|Reykjavík, Iceland.

Mouse315 wrote:

I think only spec ops should attack uncaps, unless all other flags are captured.

Taking out the commander's assets should never be limited to a specific time.  If the spec ops guy has to defend himself in the enemy base, that doesn't even qualify as attacking in my book.  As long as he is not just cruising for the enemy commander, and just goes in, blows it up, and leaves within a reasonable time thereafter.
Or just a single bombing run with the bombers, does the same effect.
Mouse315
Bash.org Junkie
+105|5900

PBAsydney wrote:

Mouse315 wrote:

I think only spec ops should attack uncaps, unless all other flags are captured.

Taking out the commander's assets should never be limited to a specific time.  If the spec ops guy has to defend himself in the enemy base, that doesn't even qualify as attacking in my book.  As long as he is not just cruising for the enemy commander, and just goes in, blows it up, and leaves within a reasonable time thereafter.
Or just a single bombing run with the bombers, does the same effect.
Whatever it takes to make the enemy commander's life miserable.
E1_ned
Member
+8|5874|netherlands
maybe u are mature and wise enough to see what is spawnkilling but there are sooooooo many others who don't posses that wisdom and are just waiting for an opportunity like this to boost their points k/d-ratio or such.... just to keep it playable i very much DISAGREE

we generally leave the server if this happens and the admin is not doing anything (maybe because it's allowed or because he/she's sleeping


in a perfect world i wouldn't object but the battlefield has soo many loooosers
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6141

Attacking the base also forces the commander to use UAV and scan, which helps you sneak around better.
Toonces7
Member
+11|5954|Iowa
This nothing more than a discussion thread for baserapers to try and justify getting a few easy kills.  I got no problem with enemies sneaking into my base, blowing the assets, and maybe hanging around to steal a tank.  What I do got a problem with is when the enemy steals our apc and proceeds to sit in the backend of our base, like ghost town for example, and spawncamp when they don't have all the cap points.  You say they put ground and air defense there to protect against that, but what selfrespecting baseraper is gonna let that infantry actually get in that TOW and blow him up?  Good admins will kick baserapers because it pisses everybody off accept the actual baseraper and people leave the game.  Obviously the worse team is getting raped and nobody wants to stay in a game when they get killed in 5 seconds spawning from an uncap.
HeimdalX
Member
+37|6030

Toonces7 wrote:

This nothing more than a discussion thread for baserapers to try and justify getting a few easy kills.  I got no problem with enemies sneaking into my base, blowing the assets, and maybe hanging around to steal a tank.  What I do got a problem with is when the enemy steals our apc and proceeds to sit in the backend of our base, like ghost town for example, and spawncamp when they don't have all the cap points.  You say they put ground and air defense there to protect against that, but what selfrespecting baseraper is gonna let that infantry actually get in that TOW and blow him up?  Good admins will kick baserapers because it pisses everybody off accept the actual baseraper and people leave the game.  Obviously the worse team is getting raped and nobody wants to stay in a game when they get killed in 5 seconds spawning from an uncap.
Respawn as AT and kill them. Also, stop bitching.

If your team loses all the flags you deserve to be base raped, end of discussion.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2022 Jeff Minard