Poll

Would you like to play AF and/or EF on the European ranked server?

EF/AFonly on a weekly day!20%20% - 24
EF-only on weekly day!5%5% - 7
AF-only on weekly day!5%5% - 6
EF/AF every second week in exchange with SF!20%20% - 24
No EF at all, because i don't have it!15%15% - 18
No AF at all, because i don't have it!16%16% - 20
No EF at all, because i don't like it!4%4% - 5
No AF at all, because i don't like it!6%6% - 8
I don't care!6%6% - 8
Total: 120
danCer
teh m0nsta
+314|6713|Germany
Hi guys,

we discussed this in the Admin section for some time,
and would like to hear your votes and opinions about that.
Most admins have it and definatley like it and are willingly to play it.
With which maps would be another discussion.

Let's hear your votings/opinion on that first.
I know you can selsct a lot in the poll but it's necessary.
Don't mess up the vote pls, since this is a serious discussions and we count on you.

please only vote if you play on the BF2s EU server or going to do so

Greetings,
danCer

Last edited by fon|sl4y3r (2006-07-17 06:06:44)

nieker
THE FLYING DUTCH PENGUIN, THE NINTENDO PENGUIN
+191|6625|The Netherlands
wy not 24/7 ef/af that would rock
Slayer
---hates you
+1,137|6754|Hell, p.o box 666

Please place your votes and opinion about it in here and dont spam this topic, thank you very much!
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6544|Doncaster, UK
Hey danCer, I'd be more than happy to frequent the EU server (ping permitting, and as long as you'll have me). Ideally I'd like to see a rotation of EF/AF/SF but I understand that his causes problems for those that don't have every booster and people would have to drop out if they don't have the required maps.

Gonna be online for a bit tonight so might have to drop in and give you experienced guys a target.
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6730|St. Andrews / Oslo

I voted: EF/AF every second week in exchange with SF!

oh, and it should be AF as more people play that. The reason it should be every second week, is because it probably would be to much if we had an SF day and an AF day in the same week, leaving only 5 days with normal BF2...

I just changed my mind AF day on Monday, SF day on Thursday. So take a vote from "EF/AF every second week in exchange with SF!" and and one to "AF-only on weekly day!"
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6740|London

I like the idea of having Thursday as EF/AF/SF Day.
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
Masta_Daco
+39|6734|Amsterdam,The Netherlands

niekjejeje wrote:

wy not 24/7 ef/af that would rock
bmb|macciavelli
+11|6502|Cologne Germany
i vote for a EF/AF weekly day, if i had the choice to give a second vote it would be the rotating day with SF.

@Dauntless

A EF/AF/SF day is not possible as far as i know because EF/AF are Booster Packs and SF is a Mod and there is no easy way to switch.
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6544|Doncaster, UK
That's a valid point, hadn't thought of that. You'd need to swap discs in between and BF2 would shut down and restart in SF.

DOH!
Slayer
---hates you
+1,137|6754|Hell, p.o box 666

You dont have to swap disks but the restart would be anoying enough.
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6544|Doncaster, UK
Doesn't it search for the SF disk when it starts up to SF? I thought it did a validation check to actually run the game.
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6748
AF + EF every second week in exchange for SF. this way we do not disrupt the server too much. If we had it on any other night than Thursday then we would disrupt the server too much.

think i need to re-install BF2, EF, AF, and SF because just now EF doesnt work and says i need to have the correct version to play!
ghettoperson
+1,943|6647

No dammit! No more expansion thingies that I don't have!
l41e
+677|6646

ghettoperson wrote:

No dammit! No more expansion thingies that I don't have!
De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6525|Belgium

Don't have EF, AF or SF so I voted no and no as I don't have them.
But on the other side, I would understand if you guys played it, you payed for the expansions. I just couldn't play with ya all.
Raphael
Wtf Padders!! Padders!!!
+18|6619|Boston, Massachusetts
ya this would be a cool idea just dont touch my special forces
JahManRed
wank
+646|6626|IRELAND

yeah I love Op Harvest and Midnight sun is my Fav BF2 Map. No so keen on road rage though.
mavrick 3399
EA GAMES PATCH EVERYTHING
+102|6539|Doncaster UK

DoctorFruitloop wrote:

Doesn't it search for the SF disk when it starts up to SF? I thought it did a validation check to actually run the game.
no it just closes down and boots up SF even with the BF2 disc in also i vote for thursday nights AF/EF rotation sounds like alot of fun.
fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6566
EF/AF on a weekly day exchanging each other every second week. EF/AF should get their own day and not interefere with SF.

But please remember - EF isn't very popular and EF servers are usually everything else then populated. I would rather go with a test stage on EF and if the server's empty for two days i would remove EF out of the rotation.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6651
i say AF, no EF.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
voltage
+46|6838|Sweden
I bought AF 2 days ago. I wouldn't mind an EF/AF server though, I just would have to disconnect after 6 rounds and take a break.

It can't get worse than the Karkand, Karkand, Karkand, Dragon, Karkand, Karkand, Karkand map cycle you have on the EU server.
Negerkungen
I could not care less
+541|6740|Topside

voltage wrote:

I bought AF 2 days ago. I wouldn't mind an EF/AF server though, I just would have to disconnect after 6 rounds and take a break.

It can't get worse than the Karkand, Karkand, Karkand, Dragon, Karkand, Karkand, Karkand map cycle you have on the EU server.
Hmm last time i checked that was not the map cycle.
voltage
+46|6838|Sweden
It's only a matter of time...

Btw, I didn't need a credit card to buy AF, i used my regular Mastercard bank card.
danCer
teh m0nsta
+314|6713|Germany
ATTENTION SOLDIERS

The EF + AF Night starts today on the BF2s.com European server for the first time.
As a matter of fact it's already running.
We hope you all join the game and have fun.

The mapcycle is set for the first night as follows:
- Operation Road Rage
- Taraba Quarry
- Operation Harvest
- Great Wall
- Midnight Sun
- Operation Smoke Screen

If you have any suggestions for the upcoming  EF + AF Nights regarding the mapcycle,
feel free to discuss.

Greetings,
danCer
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6640|Burmecia, Land of the Rain
I like the idea of a dedicated EF AND AF day.

there aren't enough servers running both booster packs.. and i love the maps.. so having a place where i KNOW i could play those maps.. even if only once a week would be awesome..

i still think you should run the SF day though.. still on a thursday.. maybe make the EF/AF day on monday to keep the expansions/boosters spaced out and provide some variety.

Monday - Euro Force and Armored Fury
Tuesday - BF2 (running the usual map cycle)
Wednesday - as above
Thursday - Special Forces
Friday to Sunday - BF2 (running the usual map cycle as this is when the server should, in theory, get the most traffic)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard