Foo-Fighter(UK)
Boom...Headshot!
+0|6858|Sunderland, UK
this is one of the things i hate most about Battlefield 2,

When i am sniping i tend to place clamores on-top of a ladder etc.. i fucking can't stand it when you get punished for your own team-mates tripping on them. They can clearly see the glowing skull & cross-bones on their screen. Therefore it is their fault for them being killed, but no they punish you!!

Asswipes!!
[RL]Tarasque
+0|6782|Trondheim, Norway
i feel ya, but i think its been complained to death allready
Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6835
Not all the time. Since the new patch they seem to disapear at the most darnest times. Also, if you're placing them in an area that's usualy used by your team.. like the ladder to the right ally in Karkand to the right of the first flag, you're just asking for a punish.

If you want to complain about TK punishers, try having 5 great games in a row with an awesome squad then having some pre-pubicent 12 year old shitface who was the worst commander in the previous round join your squad next and then punish you for his own dumb ass fucking mistake, and you get kicked. It makes your blood boil. But then you realize it's only a game, and on the internet, everyone's an asshat.

Last edited by Ryan_Mercury (2005-10-29 17:08:16)

[RL]Tarasque
Just climb that ladder if you se a claymore press spacebar, they dont trigger unless you got the bulk of you char over the top. I allways expect a clay on top of a ladder so frankly isnt a problem, but then again i've had som hours of gameplay.

Btw dont place a mine on the hotell ladder, you are beggin for a TK.
MatRx9
Carpe Noctem
+1|6809
Gotta agree that claymore punishers suck... but the worst are the suicidal mine magnet punishers.  I mean, it's in the middle of a road, has red skull, and kills you.  Why run over it?  And if you do, why punish?  I actually quit the game for a few weeks because of all the punishing going on.
joker2168
+0|6768
I feel also for you. I was on a server were 3 guys ran in front of my tank. I run over them and they punish. I have made the mistake of hitting my own teams mine but I look at it as my fault and I don't punish. I think part of the problem is they get mad for there own stupidity.
MatRx9
Carpe Noctem
+1|6809

joker2168 wrote:

I feel also for you. I was on a server were 3 guys ran in front of my tank. I run over them and they punish. I have made the mistake of hitting my own teams mine but I look at it as my fault and I don't punish. I think part of the problem is they get mad for there own stupidity.
Most of the time when I'm TK'd... I gotta admit... it's my own damn fault.  As such, I not only don't punish but I type in an apology as I feel bad for screwing up their score.  I swear the damn mines are magnetic.
[RL]Tarasque

MatRx9 wrote:

joker2168 wrote:

Most of the time when I'm TK'd... I gotta admit... it's my own damn fault.  As such, I not only don't punish but I type in an apology as I feel bad for screwing up their score.  I swear the damn mines are magnetic.
amen! 10000+ carma points to you
Kommando
+0|6768|Brisbane Australia
whats even worse is when your team mates have seen you place the mines,  run around like berko throwing out mines on the road.  you then VOIP to them "hey guys, ive put mines in the water edge north of the North Post, watch out ok!"

you then load up your squad into the waiting Squad APC, repeat "watch out for those mines right in front of you". and the driver then zips off with your entire squad, straight for them and blows up.
you get 5 TK's and a whingy squad. 

then they do it all over again.

FFS.

at least they had the sense to not punish.
BeforeGod
+0|6830|British Columbia

Kommando wrote:

at least they had the sense to not punish.
Thats still -10 off your score...

About the claymores at the top of ladders, personally I've died a few times from friendly ones (no punish of course) but in all honesty when you're going up the ladder most of the time you can't see the skull.

he main problem is how the snipers place their mines, too many of them stick them right at the edge of the building. They would probably be better off placing them farther back, far enough so that someone reaching the top (but still on the ladder) won't trip it but close enough that if the person gets off the ladder to shoot the sniper he'll get blown away. This would almost eliminate those TKs and still keep the claymores useful for the protection of the sniper.

The constant missplacement is due either to inexperience on the part of the snipers or an attempt to get a few "free" kills with the mines. The fact that this takes out team mates every now and then probably doesn't matter too much to them. I actually wouldn't mind seeing the claymores taken out of the game, or at least reduced to one per sniper.
The Soup Nazi
+18|6803|North Lauderdale, FL
sadly, this is part of BF2.  learn to never use claymores or AT mines where you think friendlies will be passing.  chances are they will walk/drive over them on purpose. 

and if you do decide to use them, at least have the common sense to disable them (with a handgrenade) before you leave the vicinity.

edit:  and in the case of people standing in front of jets while you attempt to take off...  you can do what i do.  get out of the jet, let them get in, get in their way as they take off, and punish them.  why hurt your own score?

Last edited by The Soup Nazi (2005-11-01 20:24:56)

pfcilng
+0|6782|Northern Illinois University
When I get killed for a stupid mistake I usually follow up with a "My Bad" or "How stupid of me".

I made the mistake of jumping out of a BH and ran towards the front of the aircraft - right into the sights of the mini gunner who was shooting at a tank down the air strip.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard