Souls
+14|6664|Garden City, KS. USA
Weak as usual

The UN Security Council has unanimously voted to impose sanctions on North Korea following recent missile tests.
The resolution called on Pyongyang to halt its ballistic missile programme.

To avert a veto from China, the resolution does not mention Chapter Seven of the UN Charter, which authorises the use of force.

The move comes after North Korea test-fired seven missiles including a long-range Taepodong-2 - believed to be capable of reaching Alaska.

"The council has acted swiftly and robustly in response to the reckless and condemnable act of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea," Japanese Vice Minister for Foreign Affairs Chintaro Ito said.

Japan had produced its draft resolution for the 15-member Security Council just days after tests earlier this month, and has long been seen as the Asian nation with the toughest stance on North Korea.

The resolution requires all UN members to prevent imports from or exports to North Korea of missiles and missile-related items, as well as materials that could be used in weapons of mass destruction.

It underlines the need for North Korea "to show restraint and refrain from any action that might aggravate tension".

And the resolution calls for Pyongyang to return to six-nation talks over its nuclear programme.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/5184112.stm
Major_Spittle
Banned
+276|6656|United States of America
Is this the same UN that is into raping little girls in Africa while on unsuccessful peace keeping missions and stealing money from countries during Oil for food programs.  Must be a slow news day if someone decided to report this as news.  Yawn.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6686|United States of America
Source on that?
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6838
UN is still almost worthless, Didnt france and russia cheat on Iraq's sanctions?
TeamZephyr
Maintaining My Rage Since 1975
+124|6531|Hillside, Melbourne, Australia
The UN is a ridiculously corrupt organization.

They declare North Korea to be an aggressive nation, fair enough they are aggressive. But I can't believe that the 2 most aggressive countries of the 20th Century (Israel and the USA) have not been declared aggressive. Just my two cents.....
mooncricket
Knife Whore
+10|6738|Alabama
UN has no actual power in today's world. They can cry all they want but no one except France listens.
spastic bullet
would like to know if you are on crack
+77|6542|vancouver
We shuold totaly bom the UN!!!1111!1!
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6674|Colorado

TeamZephyr wrote:

They declare North Korea to be an aggressive nation, fair enough they are aggressive. But I can't believe that the 2 most aggressive countries of the 20th Century (Israel and the USA) have not been declared aggressive. Just my two cents.....
That's because we bank roll the U.N. , they don't want the funds to go away, on a side note it is a broken organization that needs to be dispensed with. As far as being aggressive, we were provoked & have the resolve to stay the course. Just because its a fast food society these days everyone thinks we should be able to rebuild a country in the minutes it takes to get a happy meal. It is a long & painful process but it works, its not for the impatient.
topthrill05
+125|6579|Rochester NY USA
The UN is a complete joke.
Pinto
+13|6580

TeamZephyr wrote:

Other than Iraq (for the second time), when was the USA an aggressor?  Every other war was in self defense or assisting the defense of another country.  I love how kids or lefties like to confuse emotion with facts.
2ndLt.Tucker
If you can read this, your already dead
+33|6684|Stillwater, Ok

Pinto wrote:

TeamZephyr wrote:

Other than Iraq (for the second time), when was the USA an aggressor?  Every other war was in self defense or assisting the defense of another country.  I love how kids or lefties like to confuse emotion with facts.
Amen to that.  Realistically speaking if you any idea how hard it is to get someone who has been used to nothing but war and hate to turn around and start living in peace with one another and accepting these views is gonna happen over night.  Then you are in need of a swift ass kicking and a donkey punch while were at it.  You can't just change things and say hey were done lets go before they are really done. IMO personal opinion we should have Israel's stance in the shoot first ask ?'s later.  But hey whatever you know its only my ass that on the line out there.
CO05
+3|6526
"To avert a veto from China, the resolution does not mention Chapter Seven of the UN Charter, which authorises the use of force."

Who'd take that seriously? Since when has the UN ever used force or actually fixed anything?
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6563
First Gulf War...............
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6717

Bubbalo wrote:

mogdishu....
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Hawk390
+27|6645|Melbourne, Australia
Like that old cartoon for the League of Nations, with France and Britain saying to Musolini something along the lines of "Oh if you go and militarise then we shall write a forcefully declaritive statement of our dissaproval!"

The UN of today is just like the League of Nations. Completely bloody useless. Though i think North Korea has every right to test fire missles.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6563

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

mogdishu....
Well........Mogadishu was screwed up, but it was an example of an attempt, I suppose.
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6838
Case closed !

besides, he already told the UN to fuk off

Last edited by Horseman 77 (2006-07-16 08:12:31)

Spumantiii
pistolero
+147|6684|Canada
let's all step 60 or 70 years back shall we?  What year is this again?  Maybe the UN isn't working but do you disagree with the concept?  Let's all be lone wolves for a round?

Last edited by Spumantiii (2006-07-16 09:01:23)

Spumantiii
pistolero
+147|6684|Canada
You're all right, the UN isn't working.
A- I've heard Bush publically trash talk it alot
B- It doesn't want people fighting wars
the main reason it isn't working is because other countries are now ignoring it like the US did.  Then you went ahead and called it useless when you helped make it that way.  The UN probably prevented a cold war ww3.

Last edited by Spumantiii (2006-07-16 09:05:10)

herrr_smity
+156|6629|space command ur anus

TeamZephyr wrote:

the UN was a US idea so no wonder its corrupt
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6838

herrr_smity wrote:

TeamZephyr wrote:

stfu until you know what your talking about. norway jeezus lol
herrr_smity
+156|6629|space command ur anus

Horseman 77 wrote:

herrr_smity wrote:

TeamZephyr wrote:

hmm
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6717

herrr_smity wrote:

Horseman 77 wrote:

herrr_smity wrote:

hmm
norway FTW
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Rosse_modest
+76|6777|Antwerp, Flanders

herrr_smity wrote:

Horseman 77 wrote:

herrr_smity wrote:

hmm
If theres one person I would like to choke other than my soon to be ex brother in law, it has to be Horseman 77.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6551|Southeastern USA
Haiti

Haha! this is turning into a UN sux thread

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard