xbrandomx
+9|6650
when I first heard the accents I laughed at it... turned to my friend... and said "this has got to be a beta"

You don't mind it much after a while... but "starlight to this location"... is kinda gay... why the fuck you call it starlight anyway?!

and those arty warnings "friendly aquisistion in your area"... wtf?  (not sure if thats how you spell it... but you get the idea)

Last edited by xbrandomx (2006-07-16 03:24:06)

spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6642|Burmecia, Land of the Rain

xbrandomx wrote:

when I first heard the accents I laughed at it... turned to my friend... and said "this has got to be a beta"

You don't mind it much after a while... but "starlight to this location"... is kinda gay... why the fuck you call it starlight anyway?!

and those arty warnings "friendly aquisistion in your area"... wtf?  (not sure if thats how you spell it... but you get the idea)
ermm.. its more like.. "Friendly arty moving into baseline position" meaning.. GET THE FUCK OUTTA THERE ITS GONNA BLOW!
Shem
sɥǝɯ
+152|6527|London (At Heart)

Literally the only thing I understood out of all these names was R.E.M.E...

That was it,

the fuck is starlight?

Shem
spawnofthemist
Banned

Shem wrote:

That was it,

the fuck is starlight?

Shem
Starlight is First aid..
tip700
+9|6624
what pisses me off most about it is NO ONE IN BRITAIN SPEAKS LIKE THAT. NO ONE. 60% of the SAS are scottish.
Shem
sɥǝɯ

spawnofthemist wrote:

Shem wrote:

That was it,

the fuck is starlight?

Shem
Starlight is First aid..
*rollseyes*

I understood that after playing the game for a certain amount of time, however, myself knowing most British Military Jargon... this word, and the accents of the SAS is very very bad.

Do you honestly expect people who have gone through this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_Ai … d_training

To speak like that?

Shem
spawnofthemist
Banned

Shem wrote:

....this word, and the accents of the SAS is very very bad.
tut tut.. grammar dear:

this word, and the accents of the SAS are very very bad.
Shem
sɥǝɯ

....No need to get picky
spawnofthemist
Banned

Shem wrote:

....No need to get picky
no need to get sloppy

i'm just messin with ya
Shem
sɥǝɯ

Yeah, I generally have terrible grammar, http://forum.fomportal.com/member.php?u=13450 the other forum I frequent, there's probably not a single post which hasn't got a grammatical error of some kind...
hurricane2oo5
Do One Ya Mug !!!
+176|6764|mansfield
i hate the sas accents

anybody fancy some scones!!
Wasder
Resident Emo Hater
+139|6675|Moscow, Russia
The heaviest shit for me starts when shitty "Russian" VO meets shitty "British" VO on Ghost Town, with old gay commander and his 50 year old fat village vodka-selling woman-helper (not to say anything about soldiers) on the Russian side, and "Blazing Jolly Enemy Starlite Underway To Your Location, Reme!" on the British side.
@Spawnofthemist: Снайперы Рулят!
MrE`158
+103|6623
I kinda like the SAS voices.  Obviously they're not in the slightest bit realistic, but they're kinda fun.

It's like all the SAS guys are from a "Biggles" novel or something... 
Orgtheone
+30|6662|The Dark Side Of The Moon

eMarine wrote:

Orgtheone wrote:

eMarine wrote:

lolz
yea we have a guy from jordon in our clan & he says the MEC accent is quite insulting
whats his player id, i'd like to see his stats.
Zengmoe
spawnofthemist
Banned

Wasder wrote:

The heaviest shit for me starts when shitty "Russian" VO meets shitty "British" VO on Ghost Town, with old gay commander and his 50 year old fat village vodka-selling woman-helper (not to say anything about soldiers) on the Russian side, and "Blazing Jolly Enemy Starlite Underway To Your Location, Reme!" on the British side.
@Spawnofthemist: Снайперы Рулят!
=] remind me to give you +1 tomorrow for that
jamesb
Joined BF2s in November 2005
+133|6724|Doncaster, England
As all the British sound like they've got a finger up their arse,
why aren't all the Americans fat and stupid?

Because it's an American game and it's just the way we see each other.

And no, I don't think Americans are fat and stupid, well not all of them.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6691|Devon, England
i can bet that there is no1 in british army that speaks like that.

itd be so much funnier with cockny accents or scousers and the such.

dam americans...
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6766|UK
I agree that it is stupid but tbh i dont care. For the sake of realism the voices should be majority scottish with some Northern Ireland and English.
iPoon.be
Internet Poon
+145|6529|Belgium

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

As an American, I agree with you. After a little of that, I went and checked my "English VO Only" box.
That way you will miss out on the russian VO, its great!
scottomus0
Teh forum ghey!
+172|6637|Wigan. Manchester. England.

xbrandomx wrote:

Shut the fuck up. Did you know that we think you've got stupid accents ya idiot. and anyway your all fat gits.
Smaug
This space for rent
+117|6577|Arlen, Texas

knightnufer wrote:

Is it me or is it a bit obvious that SF was designed by Americans.
They totally overreacted about the british accent.
They may aswell change "Enemy Spotted" to "Fancy a Spot of Tea Lads?" or "Jolly Good Show" for "Well Done, Thanks"

Im British myself, if you haven't already noticed, and im sick of those damn americans (only the fascist ones) taking the god damn **** out of brits.

- please reply with your idea's. Will accept negative feedback from americans.
"taking the what? out of brits????"

just got SF, so I am just now hearing the brit voices.

The American officer voices sound like an army cartoon.
I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6719|Melbourne, Australia
im australian and everyone i know thinks the british accent in bf2s is way off ... lol americans are so stupid =]
spawnofthemist
Banned
Let's keep the country bashing to a minimum please kids.

This is about a GAME not real life ok?
trueyarddog
+5|6514
Yeah but the English get to say "boobytraps" which is LMAO funny!!! and i'm english!!!
jamesb
Joined BF2s in November 2005
+133|6724|Doncaster, England
Haha, you said booby.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard