Yes they should be able to38%38% - 140
Civil unions only16%16% - 61
Not even civil unions allowed10%10% - 37
Total: 364
BornToKill67
It's a good day to die
+18|6666|Canada Eh?

gburndred wrote:

Its just sick in my mind, someone else said it in this thread, marriage is between a man and a woman.
Anfidurl
Use the bumper, that's what its for!
+103|6599|Lexington, Kentucky

Thuase wrote:

A penis can fit in a vagina, a penis CAN'T fit in another penis. same for pussy in pussy... they can't create life together either...That's SOLID evidence right there.
Solid evidence for what, that you spend too much time thinking about BOTH penii and vaginae?
Congratulations. You just came off as sounding VERY gay right there.

As for the penii and vagary not fitting inside one another, think about how strange straight sex is. During orgasm, a small amount of urine comes out of the female clitoris. And men have a set of tiny nodules that resemble undeveloped ovaries. Also, male nipples are the same as female nipples, just without the developed milk ducts and high sensitivity. Congratulations again, if you have straight sex, you are gay. If you have gay sex, you are gay too.

Also, when men have sex with eachother, typically they place the penis inside the thighs, or in the anus. A penis will fit in either place, solid enough evidence for you? Not to mention women rub labia together. Once again, how is what you said evidence of anything besides your small mind?

<joke>Is a small mind indicative of small other parts too?</joke>
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6757|Chicago.
I just have a couple of questions, and a comment.

Firstly,

Anfidurl wrote:

During orgasm, a small amount of urine comes out of the female clitoris.
Congrats on that tidbit of knowledge, I know not what this has to do with the topic at hand.

Secondly,

Anfidurl wrote:

And men have a set of tiny nodules that resemble undeveloped ovaries.
Again, I know not what this has to do with anything?

Anfidurl wrote:

Also, male nipples are the same as female nipples, just without the developed milk ducts and high sensitivity.
This one I can answer! Man and Woman = phisylogically similar. I to you, you to me, me to my girlfriend, etc. Dosen't make sense again.

Actually, now that I re-read your post, there is nothing actually helpful to the topic, its all just whimsical facts that you probably memorized to impress your friends. It holds no actual points in this dicussion. Re-read the topic, it says "Gay marriage?", not "Gay S3x0rz!"

Now, to answer the origional post, I said no. Personal beliefs, I'm against gay marriage.

But heres a solution for all homosexuals who wish to be married, borrowed from South Park:
"Instead of marriage, you all will be "Butt-Buddies".
Chuckles
+32|6553

Thuase wrote:

A penis can fit in a vagina, a penis CAN'T fit in another penis. same for pussy in pussy... they can't create life together either...That's SOLID evidence right there.
Well, they can't create life together, I'll give you that.  As to the rest, that's just.....bizarre.  But I guess I don't see how the ability to create life equates to marriage or civil unions.  By your logic, should heterosexual people that are infertile be able to marry?

Last edited by Chuckles (2006-07-14 20:15:32)

Anfidurl
Heh, BigmaK192: the point of those tidbits was for Thause, who thought male/male sex organs and female/female sex organs together were not compatable. I was just trying to point out to him that gender isn't a black and white subject, and that men are part woman (and vice versa.)

Men can't become pregnant, and women can't impregnante others. Does that mean by Thause's logic that being male or female is immoral? Also, there are a large number of men with damaged testes. Are they suddenly 'wrong' and 'against Gods plan' for being unable to knock up a woman? Answer that to me, Thause. I eagerly await shooting down your homophobic justifications. Granted, I can't change that you just plain don't like it, but perhaps I can teach you why you hate it so much.

Edit: Chuckles, great minds think alike. Your post wasn't up yet when I went to reply.

Last edited by Anfidurl (2006-07-14 20:19:10)

BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6757|Chicago.
I first of all want to apologize Anfidurl, I understand now.

And I'll say again:
"Instead of a man and a woman, you will be "Butt-Buddies".
"Instead of a husband and wife, you will be "Butt-Buddies".
Chuckles
+32|6553

BigmacK192 wrote:

Now, to answer the origional post, I said no. Personal beliefs, I'm against gay marriage.

But heres a solution for all homosexuals who wish to be married, borrowed from South Park:
Bigmack,

Why are you personally against gay marriage?  What about civil unions, if they were set up so as to only confer the legal rights of married folks to committed homosexual couples?  Marriage could be reserved for those united before God in a church.

And you're going to quote South Park in a serious discussion?  Really?  If that's all you've got to bring to the table....just don't.
eagles1106
+269|6589|Marlton, New Jersey.
its THEIR life, let them live how they want to live it.  Its really not disturbing to anybody, unless you see a couple of gay gays like making out in public or something, ew....But nobody should make the rules in terms of who your allowed to love and who your allowed to spend the rest of your life with...
HURLEY
Ima Crunchatize you.
+170|6688|The Lou
lol, people have the problem with gay men, not gay women! haha

anyway, i stick with my religion, god made adam and eve, not adam and steve.

yay no negs.
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6757|Chicago.

Chuckles wrote:

BigmacK192 wrote:

Bigmack,

Why are you personally against gay marriage?  What about civil unions, if they were set up so as to only confer the legal rights of married folks to committed homosexual couples?  Marriage could be reserved for those united before God in a church.

And you're going to quote South Park in a serious discussion?  Really?  If that's all you've got to bring to the table....just don't.
I am against Gay Marriage because of one major thing. The principal of marriage is the joining of man and woman to produce a family. With the homosexual aspect, that is not possible. Civil unions mock marriage in my eyes, but again, that may be me.

I made my serious answer, I'm entitled to a little fun. I realize the seriousness of this discussion. Thats why I deemed it appropriate to post, so that those reading along may get a little chuckle (if they enjoyed/saw that episode), as they post their opinions. Don't see it as a lack of seriousness on my part, because that is not what it is.

Don't like the quotes? Don't read them. Ignore me, and then pass it off as whatever you choose. Okay?

Last edited by BigmacK192 (2006-07-14 20:30:44)

1hawaii50
+5|6712
Homosexuals say it is a "lifestyle".  What kind of lifestyle is it, when they can't reproduce?  The lifestyle can't continue without reproduction.

Anyway, as a famous comedian once said "I'm all for gay marriage, why shouldn't they get married and be miserable like the rest of us?"
HURLEY
Ima Crunchatize you.
+170|6688|The Lou
lol ^^
Anfidurl

1hawaii50 wrote:

Homosexuals say it is a "lifestyle".  What kind of lifestyle is it, when they can't reproduce?  The lifestyle can't continue without reproduction.

Anyway, as a famous comedian once said "I'm all for gay marriage, why shouldn't they get married and be miserable like the rest of us?"
It's a lifestyle just like the lifestyle the millions of infertile men and women have.
Also, if you anti-gay marriage people have a problem with gay's lack of reproduction skills... why not let them marry? It'll die out just like the Shakers did, if your God wills it.
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6757|Chicago.
According to the Catholic Church, this is the teaching (Forgive me, this is not right out of the Catechism, but I know its farily accurate).

Marriage was designed by God to be between a man and a woman for the sole purpose of creating life. Those few who choose to get married, but are unable to produce children are to bear the burden of the lack of a child in their lives. Adoption is allowed, however.

Agree with Catholicism or not (a different argument), thats one way of looking at it. And thats how I see it.
Chuckles
+32|6553
When did reproduction become the be all, end all, of one's worth? 

Do infertile heterosexual couples deserve the right to get married?

And do I read you correctly that homosexuals don't deserve the same rights as heterosexuals with regard to their legal standing with the government?

Last edited by Chuckles (2006-07-14 20:44:04)

Chuckles
+32|6553

1hawaii50 wrote:

So you don't have a lifestyle unless you're reproducing?  I know a lot of heterosexual couples that have never had children.  That's not a lifestyle?  Why the super emphasis on breeding?
topthrill05
+125|6584|Rochester NY USA
Marriage came from religion therefore. Civil Unions for gays.
BVC
+325|6701
I am a white, well-educated, reasonably well-off, heterosexual, middle-class male, and am also an athiest.  I'm not going to address anyone in particular here, more the arguments I commonly see thrown around when this topic comes up.

Marriage: Has traditionally been a religious union between a man and a woman.  Practised not just by Christians, but also by Muslims, Hindus, Pagans to name a few;
- If you reject gay marriage based on religious reasons, you must also deny heterosexual athiests the right to marry, since they are not adherents of any religion.
- If you reject gay marriage on Christian grounds then any non-Christians (eg. Hindus) will be denied the right to marry.

IF YOU REJECT GAY MARRIAGE on commonly-held religious grounds, are you prepared to deny Athiests and perhaps even non-Christians the right to marry?

What about denying people the free will that god gave them?  You could argue on this basis that rejecting gay marriage is a violation of god's will, and hence a very ANTI-christian thing to do...

Civil union: The exact legal definitions of this vary from country to country, but where it exists it does so primarily to provide gay couples with some form of legal recognition (in the nature of marriage) of their relationship, should they make that step.  In many countries the ability to enter a Civil Union also extends to heterosexual couples.

The existence of Civil Unions does nothing to make "traditional" marriage any less meaningful.  On the contrary, it'll have the effect of directing those nasty immoral people away from marriage; in a way it'll make marriage MORE special and meaningful.
PuckMercury
6 x 9 = 42
+298|6533|Portland, OR USA

Thuase wrote:

puckmercury wrote:

you mean offhanded references to your fictional life?

Anyway, does anyone have a solid arguement against gay marriage?  Or is the only opposition religion and "it's just wrong?"

EDIT:fixed typo
Solid evidence to support what conclusion, exactly?  That homosexuality is an effective means to lower the reproduction rate of an overabundant species on this planet with no natural preditors?  I entirely agree.

To address the earlier mention of similarities in men and women, we all start out as women in the womb.  The Y chromosome is a mutation carried by the sperm (yes, male/female sperm.  Male sperm has longer tails appropriately enough).  But anyway, that's the genesis of those similarities.  So, on a sense - we're all lesbians?  Sure.

Furthermore, Pubic brings up a superb point.  Why be selective on who you deny the right to marry?  If they don't believe in God, that's rather more a reason to deny them marriage than two men or two women who DO believe in God.  Yet it somehow seems absurd?  No more absurd than the arguement to ban gay marrriage.

Ultimately, if you want to engage in a battle of semantics, the foundation of my opinion is that the law should afford straight individuals no more rights than homosexual individuals.  If a "Civil Union" is legally identical to a marriage in the eyes of the law, that is what I feel is fundamentally important.  Not what you call the damn thing.

Last edited by puckmercury (2006-07-14 22:17:34)

Anfidurl
John Stewert and Conservative 'hero/pundit' Bill Bennett had an interview about this subject...

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2006/06/07.html#a8614
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6525|Πάϊ
Forgive me for not reading through 6 pages of talk about fags... I got 1 question: Would you go through the same dillema if two cancer patients asked to be married?
Point is, homosexuality is just a form of gene disease. Wanna get married? Go ahead. Just don't have kids.
ƒ³
Longbow
+163|6652|Odessa, Ukraine
USSR Crime codex had a law which leeds homosexualists to be keeped in jail or hospital . In my opinion it was good way to deal with them .
vorner23
+0|6503
Until recently in the UK even civil unions weren't recognised in law. So someone could spend their entire life with someone, share a house live as a married couple do, in everything but name. However, inheritance laws etc would not recognise them. Despite their very real wishes to provide for their life partner.

I find it hilarious that UK law once more manages to alienate everyone. Homosexuals wanted the same full rights and recognition of proper marriage. The gay bashers didn't want them to have any sort of acceptance in society or any legal rights in unions.

So we manage to pass a law that satisfies neither! Well if anything it's a step along the road.

People are what they are. In a progressive society we encourage expression and varied opinions. In a big brother run society, we force everyone into a shaped mould. Which sort of society do people want to live in?

I find it especially funny when the god squad get uppity and start the 'gays are against god' rant. Come on people, you do know the Bible is a collection of stories by completely different authors spanning hundred of years, re-writen and lost in translation countless times?? With such a huge transition period it's pretty sad to focus in and say homosexuality is wrong simply due to a few passages.

Of course the bible doesn't say anything about being good to one another, respecting the individual. No stone the gays! The bible is such a pick and mix. Take whichever bit you want and justify your own agenda. American politicians are always doing something morally questionable in the name of God. I notice he never says much himself!?

Besides the Catholics, the most outspoken against homosexuality, the priests are always up to some sort of dodgy jiggery pokery with some poor altar boy! You can always rely on religion. Adam and Eve..not adam and steve.... good arguement, being that evolution proves this story in Genesis is utter bullcrap. Oh it's a metaphor..... ohhh ok. Yeah nice.

Anyway off topic a little bit. My point is that I don't blame the 12 year olds for their gay hatred. I have to admit to being no different myself at that age. It's simply a fear at that age. And like most fears or prejudice it is due to a lack of understanding and knowledge.

But then you grow up, meet people that just happen to be gay, and heaven forbid even have some as friends. Realise that gay men don't try and bum straight men on sight. That they are normal people.

For everyone that says being gay is just wrong, they seem to think that it was a conscious choice the individual came up with one day. How can something that you were born like be morally wrong? Personally I find women attractive, even if wanted to I couldn't change this. Does everyone think gay people just decided to be gay and should be treated differently?

All I hope is that the bigotry this forum is displaying is due to the kiddies and not the views of adults who should know better.
Snorkelfarsan
Soup Boy
+32|6612|Stockholm, Sweden
Im an atheist, so for me, the homos can do whatever the fuck they wanna do. But I do understand that marriage is a sacred thing for you believing christians, and is meant for man and woman. It should be up to each church to decicde if they wanna marry gay couples.
Snorkelfarsan
Soup Boy
+32|6612|Stockholm, Sweden

Longbow wrote:

USSR Crime codex had a law which leeds homosexualists to be keeped in jail or hospital . In my opinion it was good way to deal with them .
Homos are people too, why should they be put in jail?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard