Cyjoki
Veni, Vidi, Vici
+0|6762|Nebraska, United States
I have the skill to have a 4:1 K : D ratio I found out today. I actually concentrated on winning at BF2! Anyway, Do you think the Purple Heart is worth having for the whole set of medals?

Last edited by Cyjoki (2005-10-28 20:56:10)

=ST6=SewerMaster
AK Whore
+152|6795|Barrington, RI
Trigger said it best:

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

plasmaFLY wrote:

but but but but

why did smokewith gramma said 'you don't want a purple heart...' ?????????? is it a bad thing ? 
Uh, seeing as how getting the Purple Heart destroys your global kill to death ratio... why would you want it?. It's basically a medal for noobs that says "You suck, get some skill"
The_Time
+-2|6791|California
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6769|AUS, Canberra
i only got it cause my mate thought it ment you had mad skill, i just got it then proceeded to kill for the rest of round so i still had more kills that deaths that round.
dshak
+4|6812
I don't think 1 round with a 1/4 kill to death "destroys your kill to death ratio." I got it just to have it. yay. anyway, don't think he said it best.
Scootering_Scoot
+0|6787
I don't really even care about it.
It's just a Medal that remindes you, you are a horrid player.

https://bf2s.com/player/45960455/sig.png
https://bf2s.com/player/45960455/sig5.png
https://bf2s.com/player/45960455/sig3.png
https://bf2s.com/player/45960455/awards.jpg
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6755|United States of America
i dont have a purple heart and i sure as hell aint gonna get one, it shows u suck worse than a noob does in my opinion, i have friends that have it and i tease them bout it, they laugh i laugh, life goes on
GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6762

I think it just depends on how much you care about them medals. I got my first one (yes, i have two) for sucking at the game real bad. It was a painful reminder of how bad I was at this game like everyone else said. Now, on the other hand, my second one was proudly received on my tk frenzy match where I scored a -154 team work score. Now THAT was worth it. (I have a post about in case you want to read).

If you get every other medal and don't have the purple heart, I think we can safely assure you that you will be viewed with the highest regard and in many people's minds, that's a full count. So just don't try too hard to get it, but if you do, rest assured, EA has taken the time to make a medal for your sucking.
dshak
+4|6812
well... I have one, I have a couple hundred more kills then deaths. I have almost all of the basic badges, several of the veteran, I have a few ribbons here and there, I'm almost to Master Sergeant at just over 300 hours.... so because I have it it means I'm a noob? I suck?
Cyjoki
Veni, Vidi, Vici
+0|6762|Nebraska, United States
It means you sucked at one time.
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6785|Bulgaria
this is a n00b medal, better try to avoid getting it!
Guruz
Sir
+20|6837|government yard in trenchtown.
Got it intentionally.. just thought it looked good to have.

Although I didn't use the "1 kill - 4 deaths, 1 kill - 4 deaths" tactic so my worst death streak is now 13 :<
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6762

i got it on accident, i was trying to avoid it but i wasnt keeping an eye on my ratio, i tried to quit the round but it registered

7 of the top 10 have a purple heart, so you're not sucking alone.
Rosse_modest
+76|6775|Antwerp, Flanders
I was having a very bad day when I got the purple heart and was playing my first game of the day on Kubra Dam 64 player. Server was very laggy so after 5 kills I got real pissed off and blew myself up with the grenade launcher. Did it couple more times. Then I thought hey don't you need 20 deaths and 5 kills for a purple heart so I just went on till 21 deaths...

I got mine on purpose.

The medal you get for srewing up.
mort4u
Artillery catcher
+5|6837|Munich, Germany
i once nearly got it while trying to get my knife badge on karkand. i was running around with the knife all the time, yeah screwing around, and at 4-17 i got really pissed off cause of dying all the time so i puled my gun out again and ended up with 17-20 or so.
i think im lacking the patience to get it and since i didnt get it in my n00b days, when i was sure it would become my first medal , i doubt i will get it anymore.
88mm
+8|6805
If getting a Purple Heart means that u actually completete a round without entering a tank/apc/chopper/plane, then it's worth having....

But really, don't forget that IRL this medal is one of the most respected to have.

The problem in a game like BF2: How reward sacrifice? How reward when u do good for the team, but it doesn't show up as a high frag count?

How about a 'Defended flag throughout the match' medal?

https://bf2s.com/player/45820894/sig.png
https://bf2s.com/player/45820894/sig5.png
https://bf2s.com/player/45820894/sig3.png
https://bf2s.com/player/45820894/awards.jpg
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6755|Scotland

me no understand . i have only ever got 1/4 kd ratio once it was 4/16 and i never got my purple heart. some of the medals are screwed up i should have got my knife badge, coz i killed 10 guys but nothing and also my spec-ops badge i should have got way before i actually did get it.
Proxima
+0|6754
I'm rather ashamed to admit that I have three of them...
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6755|Scotland

Proxima wrote:

lol
ArkAng37
+1|6844|San Antonio, TX
I guess to me its a thing some one like my self that went after it just to go after it.
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6832

Proxima wrote:

your stats only show 1.
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6768|Human Meat Shield
Wow; I got it easily..I was proud..My first medal...It was the only one I had for many hours....Yeah, I need skills, but still learning to play.. I am a Jarhead, Don't know how to fly, not that good in a tank, But I run around trying to revive people that know what they are doing...Get a little frustrated being fragged by a rocket launcher..You guys are right, it's for us losers who just want to play the game and not worry about medal, ribbons, stats, its' for us who laugh at a M203 shot from 30 yards or a bunnyhopping nader, we enjoy going back at out there..I stay off the tanks and jets/helos for more experienced individuals, Single player is alot different that Multiplayer - dont' care what setting you have it on...Being a medic, I get shot more times than any but I am bringing people back to life (not as much as I want to as I get shot more). Yeah I suck at this game, but boy is it fun!!
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6755|Scotland

imdead wrote:

Wow; I got it easily..I was proud..My first medal...It was the only one I had for many hours....Yeah, I need skills, but still learning to play.. I am a Jarhead, Don't know how to fly, not that good in a tank, But I run around trying to revive people that know what they are doing...Get a little frustrated being fragged by a rocket launcher..You guys are right, it's for us losers who just want to play the game and not worry about medal, ribbons, stats, its' for us who laugh at a M203 shot from 30 yards or a bunnyhopping nader, we enjoy going back at out there..I stay off the tanks and jets/helos for more experienced individuals, Single player is alot different that Multiplayer - dont' care what setting you have it on...Being a medic, I get shot more times than any but I am bringing people back to life (not as much as I want to as I get shot more). Yeah I suck at this game, but boy is it fun!!
lol.its not supposed to feel special reviving people, because just after u have revived them you have to give them cover, they are vurnerabla at that time, and if u cant its useless. but i think if you play this game its the "joy" of getting badges and medals that lets you play and have more fun. single player just sucks.
nayo450
+-1|6792
i dont know if i've said this b4, but the purple heart should be for those with a hight teem work score, with a low kill score, and a high death count.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard