GATOR591957
+84|6667

kr@cker wrote:

because troops don't have jobs?

you may have missed the first link while i was editing, it's not in your quote
No because they weren't counted prior to 2001.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6589|Southeastern USA
something about that doesn't sound right, why would they not have been counted in the first place? they are employed.........have to look into that
HURLEY
Ima Crunchatize you.
+170|6723|The Lou

King_County_Downy wrote:

Being the wealthiest nation in the world, that seems strange to me. Shit Bill Gates alone could buy Switzerland and still have enough left over for a hooker
according to VH1 he can donate 7 dollars to every person in the world!!! lol
topthrill05
+125|6618|Rochester NY USA

Ether151 wrote:

topthrill05 wrote:

Ether151 wrote:

I guess that is what we get for electing a coke head for a president, bush is a fuck quack, we could eleminate the debt if we quit paying crazy amounts of money to people that quite frankly dont deserve it, people like rappers who throw all of there money away on dimond studded grils and stupid shit like that, movie stars that are going out and buying an island, and jets, and sports stars for playing a fucking game, when do I get my million for playing bf2???  Now Im not saying all of these people are bad but there are so many more of them that are just streight up greedy, they have basicaly more money then they could spend in there life time and instead of helping poor people and others that realy need the help the go out and get there cell phones covered in dimond, or pay $10,000 for a cup of coffie because they want it flown in from over seas in like an hour, there are movie stars that wear a pair of sock that they probly payed $300.00 for, one time and then they throw them away.  God you could feed a poor famliy for a month.  Rich people make me sick.
Total disrespect for our country's leader. You might not like him, but you should still respect him. In fact you didn't even give a reason why you don't like him. Few that I ask can, they just repeat what there parents say or what the TV says to them.

On top of that your comment about rappers and movie stars might just be the most ignorant thing I have ever heard.

Why? Because these people HELP our economy. Notice how they SPEND the money on things. This is how an economy works. While I do agree they could be helping the poor, it is not bad what they are doing.

I am no where near rich but as long as the rich are spending money I could care less. The worst thing they could do is save it.
And you obviously don't know how to read, I also stated that not all of them are doing this it is the ones that are that piss me off, also alot of these movie stars and rappers go and spend there money in other countrys, how does this benifit us??  If Tom Cruse goes and buys a million dollar home in Spain how do we profit from that, you are the ignorant one here you are so quick to respond you didn't even ready what I said, so next time before you go and open your fat mouth you should learn to read you stupid fuck, and I don't respect the president, respect is only give where it is due, President Bush is a tool of our government.  do you think he actualy writes all of his speaches or has any kind of mind of his own?  Hell no he makes no sense when he make public speaches, he bumbles his words and when some one askes him a question he sometimes just sits there and stares because he hasent been programed to answer that question.  He says one thing then realizes what he has said and then turnd around and say the compleat oposite. Im sorry but if you can't even finish a compleat thought when speaking to the nation then you have no right to be running it.  Bushes response to the Disaster that happened in the south was lacking in every way I had a Grandparents that died out there because of his actions.  I to am no where close to rich, I am actual border line poverty, and I know how a economy works, it is the people that throw there money away on stupid shit that doesn't sit right with me.  So fuck you.
Thanks for showing your age. "So fuck you", that wasn't even called for.

Because I want to have an intelligent debate with you I will continue on the points that you made. Maybe we can be mature humans and have "Nice debate".

Now I did read your whole post and you now have made less sense than before. When rich people go spend money in other countries it still helps the world economy. In case you missed it once that means it helps the US. Rich people from other countries come here and spend money as well. In a weird way it all comes back. On top of that have you ever been out of the country and spent money? I know I have and so have many others. So now who looks like the ignorant one? Maybe you need to actually read what I say before posting.

On to Bush. All presidents have speech writers, even the great ones. Does that mean that they didn't have a mind of there own? From there I will not argue with you. If you hate our president because of the way he talks, then you need to learn what a great leader is. About his flip flops. I hear what you are saying. Sadly he changes how he feels like any other human. Unfortunately he is in the spot light and these things are played up.  His administration fell apart after 9/11 for many reasons.

About Katrina. It is a sad story. Mainly because of things like what have happened to your grand parents. But do you really blame Bush? Come on man he had nothing to do with it. In fact the blame goes to FEMA, government and the citizens of New Orleans. But mainly the Mayor. The reason I say the citizens is more of the disaster after the hurricane.

Let me make myself clear. I took time to make a valid debate with you in an intelligent way. I can only hope you will do the same in return.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
don't forget about the governor of La., the federal government can't take over the operation of a state unless explicitly asked to do so
elite
+89|6754|Sheffield, England
all i can say is oh dear..

whats the unemployment like in the us? good? bad ?
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6621|SE London

BigmacK192 wrote:

Keep your comments "across the pond" mate. This is our issue. Don't talk like you know everything. And what you hear on the liberal news networks isn't necessarially "fact".
This is your issue? When did global economics become an issue for a single country? The largest economic power in the world teetering on the brink of financial ruin is everyones problem, as the reprecussions will spread far and wide.
As far as the "liberal media" goes, the fact that ALL reports on the situation seem to agree apart from a few that state that the budget hole is even bigger than $43 trillion and the performance of American stocks recently shows that the problem is very real. A problem that is not going to be resolved if Americans (who are the ones voting for the people who could rectify this situation) don't start believing in the problem and doing something about it.
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6590|CH/BR - in UK

Nomer wrote:

kr@cker wrote:

again, all money comes through congress, it's not the sole responsibility of the president, we can stop alot of that crap if they'd pass the line item veto, but Clinton's great plan was to not spend any money at all, and give as many federal employees pinkslips as possible
The line item veto is an awful idea, it is an assault on the balance of power between the three branches of government and would be used and abused by an executive in such a way that would be completely unfair to congress and the political process of lawmaking.  People say it would cut down on "pork barrel spending" but what would really cut down on pork is greedy senators and congressmen not putting frivolous spending in appropriations bills int eh first place.  Besides, our government is much too large and bureaucratic to ever run anywhere near 100% efficiently and we should probably try to cut the deficit by simply not letting spending on major things get out of control whether than giving one man the power to nitpick and pick and choose elements of a bill without any checks.
I'd say something about how conservative the USA is, thanks to the government, but I'm swiss, alas, I cannot... We have too many conservative bastards (and here, they are bastards) getting elected, because the old/conservative are the only ones who vote...
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!

elite wrote:

all i can say is oh dear..

whats the unemployment like in the us? good? bad ?
it's been dropping steadily for about 2.5 years now, it's at 4.6% right now, I can't find a chart with other nations for comparison that's will go all the way up to last month, but here's another that has most of last year's standings, note, alot of our critics (i.e. France) tend to hover around the double digit mark

http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/fac … /2129.html

Last edited by kr@cker (2006-07-17 20:12:38)

GATOR591957
+84|6667
GATOR591957
+84|6667

kr@cker wrote:

something about that doesn't sound right, why would they not have been counted in the first place? they are employed.........have to look into that
Because the numbers were looking so bad they needed to devise a way to make them look better.
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6693
Going broke?  The U.S. political system went morally bankrupt decades ago.
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6590|CH/BR - in UK

^^lol, indeed^^
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6804|Dallas
After much research and studying, I have combined all the data I've come across and arranged it into two simple graphs.

Enjoy.

https://img93.imageshack.us/img93/227/economylv4.jpg

https://img139.imageshack.us/img139/8964/deficitop6.jpg
PRiMACORD
+190|6665|Home of the Escalade Herds
Rofl Cougar, you win the thread
joewardog
+6|6730|Great Plains (USA)
Bah, stats and graphs always lie.
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6590|CH/BR - in UK

lol - bush sux!
thanks_champ
+19|6562
Repeal the federal reserve act of 1913 and abolish fractional reserve banking.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6569|Global Command
And allow hoarding of gold dumbasses so I'll be motivated to prospect again.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6756
whats the deficit? is it debt that america has to pay back? coz when i was in social class the teacher told us a lot of people abused the system, like america already is stable and ppl buy US bonds then america has to pay back more.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
ATG
Banned
Its the amount we spend versus what we bring in.
All the doomsayers fail to notice that with the tax cuts, the deficits are actually going down.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6756

Alexanderthegrape wrote:

Its the amount we spend versus what we bring in.
All the doomsayers fail to notice that with the tax cuts, the deficits are actually going down.
so the higher the deficit the better or lower?
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
ATG
Banned
Well, its better to have no deficit, but that never happens.
It's just not as doom and gloom as people are carryng on about.
thanks_champ
+19|6562

Alexanderthegrape wrote:

Well, its better to have no deficit, but that never happens.
It's just not as doom and gloom as people are carryng on about.
So on one line, you say the US government is consistantly spending more money than it's bringing in, and in the next line you say this won't bring doom and gloom? What exactly are you basing that on?
ATG
Banned
I didn't contradict myself.
The deficit is on track to reduce.

Last edited by Alexanderthegrape (2006-07-23 02:20:00)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard