Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6536|England

There was so much excitement and anticipation for this expansion pack. Everyone wanted it, most people got it.
There was so much hype about the A10's, SU-39 and the littebirds. Even the maps seemed to get a lot of love from a lot of people, with none of them getting a bad word said about them. Well, apart from Road Rage being a bit linear, but also seeming like the most popular map of the 3.
Server admins were changing their servers over to AF away from vanilla, SF and EF to host the new maps since the game was supposed to be a massive hit.

So...why is it, that whenever I look at the server list, I find that about 95% of all servers running an AF map are completely empty?
All the karkand servers are still running at their usual maximum, so was AF really just about getting those 25hours and the ribbon, before retuning to the usual karkand nade fest for most players?
Special_ops_3
Dolphin Diver
+37|6479|The Sky
I don't really know why there empty. AF is great fun, if your playing with some mates on teamspeak.
But most people just like Karkand because thats all they play.And they don't want to waste time finding new sniper spots or something. When they can just go to Karkand and know every place.

So, Thats a good question.
PFCStenzel
Check your AA alarm...
+82|6765|Idaho, USA / Age 30
Most likely.  I like the road rage map.  I find it irritating to find them empty alot of the time.  Oh well not much I can do about that.
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6598|UK
just bought it...
The_Fighting_69th
Combat medic
+6|6724
Harvest is one of my new favorite maps, so much room to run around in FAVs/DPVs and cap flags and be a bastard behind the lines...

Problem is that many people just want a lot of points real fast so thats why everyone still whores Karkand.

Last edited by The_Fighting_69th (2006-07-13 17:16:46)

Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6601|Washington, DC

It's the AA. Nobody wants to change their entire flying style just for a booster pack. Lessen the amount of AA, make the flares reload faster, i don't know. If you weren't being painted the entire time you were in the air it would be a lot better.
Viper38
+118|6641
I enjoyed adapting my flying style ... however, it has been difficult to find active public servers with acceptable pings. SU-39 anyone?
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6612|Burmecia, Land of the Rain

Viper38 wrote:

I enjoyed adapting my flying style ... however, it has been difficult to find active public servers with acceptable pings. SU-39 anyone?
i'll quite happily play some AF with ya one day.. i love it.. having only played 4 hours of it >.<
e-i-u-benjamin
WoeKoeMakaLaLaLoekieWaWa
+40|6730|The Netherlands

The_Fighting_69th wrote:

Harvest is one of my new favorite maps, so much room to run around in FAVs/DPVs and cap flags and be a bastard behind the lines...

Problem is that many people just want a lot of points real fast so thats why everyone still whores Karkand.
yeah operation harvest is great, i like it cus there are alot of tanks in it, and as im pretty handy with that tv missle, its always party time on that map!!

XD
The_Fighting_69th
Combat medic
+6|6724
Harvest is an AT guys best friend, so many ditches and such to hid in, Tows everywhere, Thta's why you don't see many armor whores on there...
PRiMACORD
+190|6596|Home of the Escalade Herds
I hate road rage, the AA is pretty dumb on it when you're in a chopper trying to transport troops. You basically can't go near one at all, perod. The map itself provides very little cover as well. The 32 player version with 1 jet and 2 recons is even more dumb since there is even more AA. There is an AA tank at every flag besides the center one iirc. It's just plain stupid.

Midnight Sun is awesome tho, i love that map, decent amount of cover from AA and just a generally nice design.
Gen. Payne
+50|6677|USA
I thought you liked AA!

Whenever I'd play against you in Midnight Sun, you always be beating me down with the linebacker.

Bastard....
Reject_Wolf
Former Karkand Addict
+32|6554|Windsor, Ontario, Canada

ExecutionerStyle wrote:

It's the AA. Nobody wants to change their entire flying style just for a booster pack. Lessen the amount of AA, make the flares reload faster, i don't know. If you weren't being painted the entire time you were in the air it would be a lot better.
No, it is never the fact that you suck, now is it?
SkoobyDu
'CLICK JOIN NOW'... OK lets go... BOOM!!!! =FFS=
+120|6532|Cheshire, UK
I admit most of the AF servers I can find (with a low ping) are normally half full or less, but still 64 player maps with high tickets... so there are some high scores to be had.

I'm really enjoing the midnight sun map.
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6517|Doncaster, UK
OBC's server always seems to be populated.

IP 83.142.228.77 : 16567

Have a look there!
joker3327
=IBF2=
+305|6569|Cheshire. UK
^^^^^^^^^^

I Concur

I always seem to find full AF servers on here

http://www.game-monitor.com/GameSearch/ … eld_2.html
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6517|Doncaster, UK
That said, OBC is empty at the moment

UK server, everyone at work at this time of day.
JohnClark
+5|6557|Groningen-The Top of Holland
Maybe "all" (most) servers who run various maps should also include AF- and EF-maps. That way you can't escape those maps and almost everybody is forced to buy them.

Now you probably have a bunch of friends who like gaming together, but one or two don't wanna buy the BP's, so the whole clan of friends game only on the standard-map-server together and the servers who only run AF and/or EF are empty.

PS I know of a Smoke Screen only server witch is full most of the time!
SkoobyDu
'CLICK JOIN NOW'... OK lets go... BOOM!!!! =FFS=
+120|6532|Cheshire, UK

DoctorFruitloop wrote:

everyone at work at this time of day.
Only in body... feeling a little vacant today...
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6517|Doncaster, UK
^^^ I concur

My head's a shed today!
joker3327
=IBF2=
+305|6569|Cheshire. UK

DoctorFruitloop wrote:

^^^ I concur

My head's a shed today!
what ??? old crumbly and full of crap???
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6517|Doncaster, UK
Yep!
joker3327
=IBF2=
+305|6569|Cheshire. UK
What a coincidence........................so is skooby's!!

Last edited by joker3327 (2006-07-14 05:52:25)

DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6517|Doncaster, UK
Yeah, cos you're such a young pup!
G3|Genius
Pope of BF2s
+355|6597|Sea to globally-cooled sea
I just got it this week, and I love it!

I play on the La Cantina server and it is always always full.  Check it out, maybe I'll see you in there

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard