Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6752|Toronto, ON
I'm wondering if I'm the only one out there uses one?

I programmed up a basic VB script which right clicks and moves the cursor a couple of pixels down and clicks to spot.  I never bothered to tell people until now because I almost never command, but I was doing a bit of commanding last night when I got mutinied 3 times in a row (3 different servers) because the players were complaining I was annoying.

I almost never command, but the times where I do, I usually have no need for UAV because I can spot 4-5 times per second.

My question is why do people mutiny me when I do this? I am HELPING the team by spotting (I'm not spotting the entire map, I am spotting near squads or lone wolfs that are near the enemy).

Granted it is a little bit annoying hearing Enemy Infantry Spotted 4-5 times every second but it's nothing to mutiny about.

EDIT: I just realized that those "pro" clan matches on BFTV do the same thing, so why the fuck would you mutiny when "pro" commanders in world-renowned clans do it?

Last edited by Nyte (2006-07-13 13:34:42)

Alpha as fuck.
<^|0B1ackhawk0|^>
Banned
+79|6530|UK
I have used a macro
it clicked repatedly so it would fire auto for the burst guns
DaReJa
BF2s US Server Admin
+257|6627|Los Angeles, California, US.
Its because They are Stupid and Dont Realize that Spotting it Spots it for Them.
Battlelog: DaReJa
MyBFi/BF3i Admin

AKA DanielRJ
GameSurge IRC Network, Support Agent and Staff
Phuzion IRC Network, Support Director and Operator
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6691|Devon, England
so you dont find it annoying when all you here is:

"enemy infantry spotted!"
"enemy armor spotted!"

it pisses me off.
Xblade-3o5-
Oi, Suzy!
+113|6754|Florida, United States
how do u set up a macro??
<^|0B1ackhawk0|^>
Banned
+79|6530|UK
you dont want to get used to macros you would forget how to play normal
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6752|Toronto, ON

DaReJa wrote:

Its because They are Stupid and Dont Realize that Spotting it Spots it for Them.
Negative.  You are stupid for not realizing that it spots it for them only when radar scan is inactive.
Alpha as fuck.
<^|0B1ackhawk0|^>
Banned
+79|6530|UK
if you have xfire i can show you
DaReJa
BF2s US Server Admin

Nyte wrote:

DaReJa wrote:

Negative.  You are stupid for not realizing that it spots it for them only when radar scan is inactive.
Nyte, Thats what I meant. Just 'Cause I dont Command Much doesnt mean I dont know how to.

Last edited by DaReJa (2006-07-13 13:40:57)

MyBFi/BF3i Admin

AKA DanielRJ
Shopvac
If it doesn't say shop-vac keep shopping!
+25|6540|Grand Rapids, MI
I like comanding, and while I've never been booted from my leather chair for it, a lot of people DO hate the constant chatter in their head sets everytime something is called out.

Basicly what FFLink13 said.
l41e
+677|6649

If all they get in chat and radio is "Enemy infantry spotted" then they can't communicate. And don't give me this shit about turning radio volume down, that turns everything down. Which means you can't hear anything your team says, just because you have a commander going "ENEMY GOAT SPOTTED" 50 million times per second.
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6752|Toronto, ON

N)i(N06Blackhawk wrote:

I can spot normally, but I can only do it maybe 2-3 times a second.  With the macro (I have to alt-tab to activate it), I just left-click anywhere on the screen for it to activate. 

And besides... doing it manually makes my fingers tired.
Alpha as fuck.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6695|Howell, Mi USA
Macros are for pussies, is it really that hard to hit a few keys or click? C'mon people
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6691|Devon, England

Nyte wrote:

DaReJa wrote:

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v348/BPMdotEXE/Random/O_RLY.jpg
Xblade-3o5-
Oi, Suzy!

N)i(N06Blackhawk wrote:

me? yea i have Xfire
DaReJa
BF2s US Server Admin

FFLink13 wrote:

Nyte wrote:

DaReJa wrote:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v348/ … /O_RLY.jpg
How does the O Rly Even fit in there?
MyBFi/BF3i Admin

AKA DanielRJ
<^|0B1ackhawk0|^>
Banned
+79|6530|UK

Nyte wrote:

N)i(N06Blackhawk wrote:

I can spot normally, but I can only do it maybe 2-3 times a second.  With the macro (I have to alt-tab to activate it), I just left-click anywhere on the screen for it to activate. 

And besides... doing it manually makes my fingers tired.
Im not talking about the commander macro im talking about like prone spam and auto fire macros after a while of using them you will forget you have to keep clicking to shoot
<^|0B1ackhawk0|^>
Banned
+79|6530|UK

Xblade-3o5- wrote:

N)i(N06Blackhawk wrote:

me? yea i have Xfire
whats your xfire
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6752|Toronto, ON
Sorry, but it just pissed me off that I haven't commanded in like half a year, then when I start again (and we were winning against a team of a stacked clan might I add) people started bitching at me how I'm not doing my job.

I'm sorry, but Spotting all the infantry taking a flag is much more useful than saying over VoIP to my squads "Durka durka, gatehouse flag is being taken guys".
Alpha as fuck.
uk_japeye
+10|6715|UK
i use alt-f4 when im going on a spotting spree, its an automatic macro set up as default in game
petethecheese
+9|6763|England
Macros. Almost cheating, isn't it?  Binding keys to do something the game wasn't designed for=change to the game mechanics=cheating.  Just my penny's worth
Xblade-3o5-
Oi, Suzy!

N)i(N06Blackhawk wrote:

Xblade-3o5- wrote:

N)i(N06Blackhawk wrote:

me? yea i have Xfire
whats your xfire
i pm'ed you but anyways it is ********

Last edited by Xblade-3o5- (2006-07-13 13:50:28)

<^|0B1ackhawk0|^>
Banned
+79|6530|UK
yea alt+f4 works too
l41e
+677|6649

Nyte wrote:

I'm sorry, but Spotting all the infantry taking a flag is much more useful than saying over VoIP to my squads "Durka durka, gatehouse flag is being taken guys".
To the contrary, half the people I play with don't pay attention to their map and require a "_______ is being converted" over text/VoIP to wake them up out of their pointwhorage.
G3|Genius
Pope of BF2s
+355|6626|Sea to globally-cooled sea
I think that macros are against ROE.

Furthermore, if you spot every enemy every time, your words lose value.  If a commander says it only 3 or 4 times a game, people will pay attention.  If you spot every guy every time, we infantry just tune you out.

My recommendation is, spot the armor every single time because your own armor needs to know where that is in order to be effective, and your infantry need to know where not to go.

Don't spot every person.  If there's someone nearby who will actually see the person on the minimap, that's acceptable because it's helpful.  If you want to let your team know that someone is on gatehouse and your entire team is at hotel, the best thing to do is this:

[Commander]G3|Genius: guys there's two guys on gatehouse, one's in a vodnik and the other guy is in the house...get them out of there because we lose otherwise.

and then command the CLOSEST squad leader to defend and send out a general announcement that IF YOU DIE SPAWN GATEHOUSE AS ANTI TANK!!!!!!!!!!!

FFLink13 wrote:

"enemy armor spotted!"
is fucking annoying and--despite your amateur opinion--is counter-productive.

can i hear a WOOT WOOT

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard