Lionbeat
+9|6648|LONDON
Hi there,

Listen, from my other posts, you'll see I love this game, but don't get much time to play.

Me and Jamie_78 have been trying to catch a couple of rounds after work recently, and we've managed to get onto the same server, same side, same squad a few times... only for the game to CRASH and BURN!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH! It's so irritating! My missus had a go at me for f-ing and blinding at the screen last night. She's like, 'look, if this game annoys you so much, why do you bother playing it?'

And I hate to admit, she's right. So here's the question... We're both running 1.3 - are we going to see a major stability improvement in 1.4?

Another question: We've both got decent, dependable rigs and I've enjoyed literally day long sessions in the game at the weekends before. I've also enjoyed stability playing 1.3... has something changed? We've not even managed an entire round in about 15 attempts this week. (over many different servers)

Thanks for your thoughts.

Last edited by Lionbeat (2006-07-13 02:51:14)

DaReJa
BF2s US Server Admin
+257|6628|Los Angeles, California, US.
They Have been and Are Supposed to be MUCH More Stable in Patch 1.4 .
Battlelog: DaReJa
MyBFi/BF3i Admin

AKA DanielRJ
GameSurge IRC Network, Support Agent and Staff
Phuzion IRC Network, Support Director and Operator
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6749|The United Center
1.3 is very unstable.  I've gone for hours and hours without having a single crash to desktop, server disconnect, or lock-up.  Then, on the other hand, there have been times where I've crashed to desktop, re-started BF2, connected to a server, had the server crash, crashed to desktop on rejoin, then lock-up when I restart BF2.  Like I said, 1.3 is very unstable.

1.4 is supposed to fix this...less server crashes, less client crashes, and less freezes.
Lionbeat
+9|6648|LONDON
Reason I'm asking is because I know 1.4 is a beta patch and it would be fkin annoying to endure a massive download (with the final version hopefully not too far off) only to experience the same problems.

@ Thomas - We've had a mixture of CTD and just freezing which makes you spin or fly with the 'There is a problem with your internet connection' message on screen. I know there's no problem with my connection (14MB ADSL) as I always do the p0rn test @ www. thehun .net to make sure I'm online. It works fine, and is a good way of drawing a positive image out of the situation.

I guess we're going to better of in beta than in an AWFUL 1.3 patch. What were these c5nts at EA thinking when they released it? How can you make minor changes to a game in terms of new features, and simultaneously make it more unstable?!

Last edited by Lionbeat (2006-07-13 03:01:13)

Aruba-Prime
[Expert Smoke Grenade]
+44|6776|Hamburg, Germany

Lionbeat wrote:

What were these c5nts at EA thinking when they released it? How can you make minor changes to a game in terms of new features, and simultaneously make it more unstable?!
well they thought "we'll getaway with it..."      again...
aqempty
+6|6508|international waters
and  when its upposed to get out 1.4?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard