RadeonII
+1|6782
tell me about it this morning I was playing Wake Island I was USMC in a jet the UAV was showing 2 enemy tanks real close together at a CP so I did a dive bomb run and killed the 2 tanks and the 2 gunners pearched on top so I had 4 kills.. somehow there was a friendly in the mix and that MORON punishes me. on another  run I had 7 good kills in the same game and the Enemy players were calling me a hack  HA HA HA that UVA sure can point you in the right direction i kinda wish I would have missed the tanks and let them chew up that dumbass that punished me..
Joeskeppi
+0|6779
On the rare occasion I hit a friendly mine or claymore I always apologise to the person that set it down, as it was my fault AND it would have cost them points.

In fact, I hardly ever punish, yesterday I ran round a corner and straight into a friendly who blasted me in the face with a shotgun, he immediately used the sorry on the commo rose and I just typed "Made you jump? " and he said "Yeah" and that was it, no punish, it was actually pretty funny.  Of course, had I been one of the retards I mentioned a minute ago I would have punished him in approximately 4 microseconds.
CreepingDeath
+1|6751
So much here in this thread is so true . .
What I like the most is when these dumb@$$ run out in front of me, while given my postion away BEEEPPPPING MY HORN just so I dont run anyone over. But it happens, that ???? does runs out in front of me and I get the TK and he punishes. A few times if it's in air, tank or as a infantry in some way, shape or form.
  But the best part is, usially Im still on top of the leader board anyways. Such asshats . .
thinner44
+1|6816
I just want to blow off a little steam here. Today, Kubra dam, one of my favourite maps. I join as MEC and am looking to get my basic explosives.... within 2 minutes I'm being punished for a TK, some dickhead can't see that I've laid a mine for an approaching enemy APC, the dickhead decides he wants to run straight over it and blow himself up..... 5 minutes later, I'm in a tank about to take a CP, same said dickhead comes running (on foot) and throws himself at my treads... result, another TK. So I call him a few choice names and say 'If you do it again, I'll TK you properly...face to face'... I didn't see him again and I also failed to get basic explosives.

For the record... The mine I laid was in the direct path of the oncoming enemy APC, my team mates could easily have gone around the other side. I lay mines with extreme care. I don't like TKing anyone

For those that punish a TK after being caught up in a fire fight and get hit accidentally, you're idiots. For those that punish after running over 'carefully' laid mines, you're complete assholes.... There are big red skulls there for a reason FFS.

I always, always (cannot emphasise enough), forgive a TK unless he/she does it on purpose . Team mates have already lost points, a slap in the face (punish) just makes it an insult.
JeSTeR_Player1
Flying Solo
+98|6777|Canada, Ont
Lastnight I was leaving the main base in a Transport at the begining of the match, the Transport infront of me...a Passanger Decided to Jump out and I Ran him over...Expected a Punish, It never came. So some people are smart and relize when it was their error
thinner44
+1|6816

JeSTeR_Player1 wrote:

Lastnight I was leaving the main base in a Transport at the begining of the match, the Transport infront of me...a Passanger Decided to Jump out and I Ran him over...Expected a Punish, It never came. So some people are smart and relize when it was their error
Yep, you're right of course, and isn't it refreshing to know that there are people out there ready to forgive ... I was just having a bad BF2 session and decided a rant was a good way to let off some steam.
TSal2111
+1|6753
The punish option in this game is a godsend for all those dickheads who want to blame EVERYTHING on somebody but themselves.

Personally I've had a few cases where some jackass will jump on top of the blackhawk while I'm taking off die.. and punish me.   But I figured out a good way to avoid that.  When they jump up.. I just text out "you gonna stay put? I need a smoke"  if they don't get their instant TK punish.. they usually move on.. either way I'm rackin up helo time with minimal effort, literally.
thinner44
+1|6816

TSal2111 wrote:

The punish option in this game is a godsend for all those dickheads who want to blame EVERYTHING on somebody but themselves.
Well I'm confused. Your statement makes no sense, why would 'we' (as the collective for those complaining about the punsih system), want to blame someone else for our mistake? . It is by definition, their mistake, not ours. To be punished for someone elses mistake is an insult, clear and simple.

If you're driving down the road and someone runs in front of you, you splat him/her, do you jump out and say, 'oops', sorry, my mistake.... or do you blame them for their mistake. If you're driving down the road and you suddenly veer to the right, crushing some poor pedestrian on the pavement (sidewalk), do you punish him/her for being there.

In my honest opinion, the 'dickheads' are the ones that punish when they themselves have been what you describe, being 'dickheads'.
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6775|Human Meat Shield
I have this crap happen alot; actually EVERYTIME I am Engy.  I don't like playing the Kit anymore because of that,  I'm not going to apologize for someone elses stupidity for not paying attention to Jolly Rogers. I find it amusing as you are pushing "Q" to apologize sometimes and then you read that you are punished before you get the chance. Since I got this game, I've been forgiven Twice.. Yeah Twice..out of the 90 some odd times of Team damage, and I say 60 of them are from setting claymores or mines and Team running over them. From now on... Page Down...Page Down.. No matter what.  Sorry but just frustrated about this whole punish crap.
193d Klink
+0|6750
I rarely fly but one of the times I was (working on badge) I was heading back to airfield for rearm.  Now granted you don't have a Right/Left Side view so you can only see what the game gives you in front.  A enemy jet zoomed right past my nose and next thing I see at the last minute is another jet on his six....I try to evade, no time and BLAM!  Collided with a friendly that was chasing the enemy.  I felt like it was my fault and started typing "Sorry, My Bad" about the same time got the same message from the other pilot.  He laughed and said, "Shit Happens, don't worry about it" 
That was 100% cool if you ask me.  I myself am not one to Punish anyone no matter who's fault it was...but usually received lots of Punishes for accidents.  It gets really Old Really fast!   Especially those who Instantly Punish as soon as it happens.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6781|Noizyland

Yeah, there are the good ones out there. I killed one of my teammates by swiping him with a tank. I tried to revive him, but roadkills can't be revived. I said, 'Shit, sorry about the teamkill man.'

"No problem, it was my fault."

What a bloody legend.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
193d Klink
+0|6750

Tyferra wrote:

Yeah, there are the good ones out there. I killed one of my teammates by swiping him with a tank. I tried to revive him, but roadkills can't be revived. I said, 'Shit, sorry about the teamkill man.'

"No problem, it was my fault."

What a bloody legend.
UGGGG....this is the most annoying...TK by mistake, revive him and still get punished after the revive....makes me want to Intentionally TK the jacka$$!!

I don't though, and you can be gauranteed that he will lie there rotting in the sun if he gets killed and I am a Medic nearby.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard