+186|6528|stalker.
Thats the way i got it:D
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6843|Reykjavík, Iceland.
I got mine on Mashtuur using the MGs
Toonces7
+11|6574|Iowa
What he said.  Sit in a TOW or mounted gun and every arty kill counts for that badge in the round.
Gen. Payne
+50|6707|USA
I just did yesterday on operation harvest! w00t bike
If you don't have AF, then I guess that won't work for you.

Anyway, I shot down 3 cobras with a tow, 1 tank, 1 apc, and a few guys with machine guns.
AK5489
+16|6508|US

Toonces7 wrote:

What he said.  Sit in a TOW or mounted gun and every arty kill counts for that badge in the round.
arty counts as ground defence if youre sitting in mg/tow? neat
Mouse315
Bash.org Junkie
+105|6520
I like the chinese airfield MGs on wake island.  If the US only controls southern bases, they will keep running at you, and you will keep killing them.  Thats how I did it.
|SoW|BlackFire
C4 WHORE
+67|6717|Colorado
I got Veteran Ground Defense on Karkand, on the USMC.

I got my Expert Ground Defense by sitting on a mounted MG and commanding, killing people with artillary.

Best map is Karkand.
AK5489
+16|6508|US

|SoW|BlackFire wrote:

I got Veteran Ground Defense on Karkand, on the USMC.

I got my Expert Ground Defense by sitting on a mounted MG and commanding, killing people with artillary.

Best map is Karkand.
ive been trying on karkand for the past couple of days but the mounted mg's are in such worthless positions its pretty hard. ill have to try again as commander.
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6642|Burmecia, Land of the Rain
copy/pasted from my other post on this exact topic

The EASIEST way to get this badge is to go as commander on a 64 player karkand server that is about half full..

1) Apply for commander..
2) if you dont get commander then mutiny that bastard! you're 10 times better than him (unless its me ) PLUS YOU'RE GOING FOR A BADGE!
3) go to the nearest mounted machinegun or TOW

TOW/HJ-8 locations on 64 player karkand are:

Factory beside the Scan satellite
Gatehouse near the portakabins
Suburbs at the house
at the Square.
and at the USMC left hand artillery on the minimap

Personally i'd choose the TOW at the factory (if you're MEC).. as theres ALWAYS some USEFUL people that DONT go for the hotel

If you're USMC it couldnt be easier.. just start back where the tanks and APC's spawn and theres a mounted machinegun right there

now..  this is the clever part..

when you artillery someone while in the MG or TOW.. it counts as a Ground Defense kill..
all you need to do here is artillery 20 people while in the MG/TOW and you'll get your shiny badge

another reason i said to use the factory TOW (if MEC or USMC defending once you've captured it) is that you'll have the opportunity to use the TOW in action and score some extra kills

much like the 4 person HMMWV i scored last night

Good luck on earning your Expert Ground Defense badge
AK5489
+16|6508|US

spawnofthemist wrote:

copy/pasted from my other post on this exact topic

The EASIEST way to get this badge is to go as commander on a 64 player karkand server that is about half full..

1) Apply for commander..
2) if you dont get commander then mutiny that bastard! you're 10 times better than him (unless its me ) PLUS YOU'RE GOING FOR A BADGE!
3) go to the nearest mounted machinegun or TOW

TOW/HJ-8 locations on 64 player karkand are:

Factory beside the Scan satellite
Gatehouse near the portakabins
Suburbs at the house
at the Square.
and at the USMC left hand artillery on the minimap

Personally i'd choose the TOW at the factory (if you're MEC).. as theres ALWAYS some USEFUL people that DONT go for the hotel

If you're USMC it couldnt be easier.. just start back where the tanks and APC's spawn and theres a mounted machinegun right there

now..  this is the clever part..

when you artillery someone while in the MG or TOW.. it counts as a Ground Defense kill..
all you need to do here is artillery 20 people while in the MG/TOW and you'll get your shiny badge

another reason i said to use the factory TOW (if MEC or USMC defending once you've captured it) is that you'll have the opportunity to use the TOW in action and score some extra kills

much like the 4 person HMMWV i scored last night

Good luck on earning your Expert Ground Defense badge
thats pretty hot, thanks
JudgeDredd1824
+32|6654|Wigan an proud of it mate !
Midnight Sun......IMHO
I have several round at 9 kills even downed a couple of attack helo's hovering over the flag coz the TOW is up on the hillside and the flag is below and to the right.
I'll keep trying, will get it next time.
Ir0n-M@n
has the greatest stats on earth
+125|6744|Germany
much text for one sentence: go commander and arty...!
AK5489
+16|6508|US

Ir0n-M@n wrote:

much text for one sentence: go commander and arty...!
yeah i think that about sums up everyones replies
MrE`158
+103|6623
I got Veteran the "honest" way, whoring it up on a TOW launcher. 

My map of choice was Dalian Plant.  Once the USMC take the Gatehouse flag (which they'll do if they have any sense), you can sit in the TOW there and turn it around to face the direction of the Chinese uncap.  The vast majority of vehicles coming from the uncap will pass through your field of fire (unless they drive along the gorge and then go left, ignoring the gatehouse flag).  You can nail APCs and Tanks moving on Gatehouse, you can take them out if they take one of the high roads, and you can even hit helo's that are flying along the gorge.  You'll also find that Chinese snipers like to take up positions on the ridges either side of the mouth of the gorge, and if they're the normal quality of camping sniper you find on a public server they'll sit up there sniping at people by the flag, oblivious to the enormous missile you're guiding onto their head.

Took a few tries (cause you can't guarantee that the USMC will hold Gatehouse for long enough), but it was worth it, and it was satisfying to get it with genuine TOW kills.
-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6654
I got 9 on the Backyard MG on Mashtuur just recently and like an idiot ran on to take the Mosque instead of staying on the gun to get 10 for the vet. badge....those 9 kills happened in just over a 3 min. span (I successfully tried to get my Ground Defense Ribbon after 500-some hours played lol), so you should surely be able to get them "legit" without using arty. 

But whatever floats your boat...I'll personally probably use arty to get the 10+ next time, just because at this point it gives me a reason to try some commanding.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/12516/Bitch%20Hunter%20Sig.jpg
Ducksteina
Choleric groundpounder
+42|6546
I got mine some days ago on Karkand.
I was USMC, hopped into the mounted gun and stayed at the fixed base the whole round. It was pretty boring, but well, I got my badge.

Last edited by Ducksteina (2006-07-12 15:26:13)

Nemesis-SBS-
+9|6839|6,000 ft & falling......weeeee
also works on air defence..i got my vet airdefence whilst sitting on the usmc island on wake
Sgt.Todd_3465
+22|6504
https://f5.putfile.com/6/15515542978-thumb.png

Have fun
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6691|Devon, England
do it the cheap way (go commander) or go USMC on sharqi and defend the hotel using the TOW launcher. i usually get a hell loada kills on that thing.

also, if you know the trick, you can hit the havoc from the TOW as its taking off
Rizen_Ji
+41|6736|200m out and smiling at you.
sit on a TOW on Daqing, or Kubra
11thdsv
+3|6714|fort worth, tx.
ghost town is a good one too i got mine there both main bases have a tow and there are plenty of morons trying to spawn rape man do they ever get pissed!!
Arcano-D.E.S
+13|6546
The airfield at Wake when the Americans take the beach. I just shot a bunch of guys and then get sniped. Healed, stood up and wasted more guys. Get shot, heal and shoot. Got 10 in a matter of minutes. The TOW at dragon Valley was good because I shot down a bunch of low flying scrub cobra pilots. But the MG in backyard at Mashturr is good for it too.

If you wanna do it the honest way.
AK5489
+16|6508|US
fucking nice

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard