Flanker
+3|6615
i tried a search but i couldn't find anything..

just wondering how i find out what my BF2 installation cd key is, i need to reinstall the game but I lost the cd key

thanks.
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6612|Seattle

yer screwed. sry it is teh encrypted file
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
Shadow893
lel
+75|6707|England
Yeah, you're screwed. LOL!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!111!1!!!!
RonnY[NL]
Chanetoy Dugali
+309|6726|Groningen / Netherlands
you cant get your cd key back (as far as i know) when you havent got the littel book that comes with the game
joker3327
=IBF2=
+305|6613|Cheshire. UK
Search...Im sure you can ask EA for one if you can prove you own the disk
G3|Genius
Pope of BF2s
+355|6641|Sea to globally-cooled sea

King_County_Downy wrote:

yer screwed. sry it is teh encrypted file
When I get a new game I always always save the CD key in a notepad file called "CD Keys"

I've reinstalled games when at other peoples' houses and stuff and there's nothing that sucks more than to uninstall and start a reinstall then realize, "fucker.  I don't have my key.  Sorry guys no LAN party"

for the future, start doing that.  It couldn't hurt.
Flanker
+3|6615
well if thats the case then thats pretty shitty.

i have found my SF key though, would that work for a BF2 original installation as well?
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6807|Jupiter
Your anwswer lies here

This topic has been discussed previously -- Please use the search feature to find the previous thread. {quote}
Markimus
Administrator
+65|6651|Canada
If you havn't uninstalled your game already, have a look in your registry settings.

Start > Run > Regedit

From there, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Electronic Arts > EA Games > Battlefield 2 > ergc

You'll find your encrypted CDKey there. Copy and paste this into a secure location. From there, if you need to reinstall, I recommend getting a key generator to get past the installation screen CDKey prompt, then simply go back to that same registry location and paste back in your original encrypted CDKey. This will essentially do the same thing as re-entering your actual CDKey upon installation.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard