Dilly
The Amish Must Die!
+1|6848
how many people played counter strike?  Also, why did you quit?  I myself got bored after 1.6 came out with the stupid awp fix.  screwed up a play style I used for years.  I still could use it, just not as effectively.  I also was dissapointed with source, it was the same exact game play, nothing new, like no new maps really, really dissapointed, just counter strike with all its flaws and better graphics. 

also, if you did play, ever play on the cswars.com server?  it was a ton of fun there.
dsb
+0|6778
I played CS.  I was on a CAL-o team and we were doing pretty good.  I just stopped enjoying it as much as when I first started playing.  That's why I quit.  I'll probably play it again someday...I tend to do that with games.
Dilly
The Amish Must Die!
+1|6848
my clan never got to go cal-o, 1.6 came out right after we were ready and half the people quit because of it.  we were pretty good, we beat cal-o, cal-m, and cal-im teams all the time.  we actually scrimmed with a clan that was cal-im and had 2 cal-i players playing with them and we almost beat them, lost by like 3 rounds I think.  that dude was awesome.  Played with a cal-p player one day, it was him vs. 6 of us, he went like 73-9....it was so sad, he was awesome.
baTTle*EleCtrO*
+0|6765
I played cs through 1.5 and 1.6. I didnt like the physics on source. Well i really never gave them a chance. I played cal o with several teams. Did good but never stuck around to make it further. BaTTle was my main clan. As a matter of fact i remember playing in a ezco server for some time with other baTTle members. I quit cuz most of my buddies from the last team i played cal with all quit for other games and i didnt feel like pubbing anymore. When i got on to play cs i scrimed.
Adonlude
+2|6781
I have been primarily a CS player since 1998, there were fewer guns and the physics were much less complicated back then. I only play it off and on now, get into it for a month or so then quit again for a few months. I am really enjoying BF2 right now but I will always fall back on CS. CS is truly a game that requires reflexes and precision, moreso than BF2.
Hanism
+0|6806
Played CS since beta 5. Cal-o then Cal-m before cal-im and all the other junk. Still play it from time to time to keep the skill fresh. I like CS a lot better as you can take out the entire team with skills, BF2....
dsb
+0|6778
We had a cal-i player that would scrim with us.  He was ridiculous.  Always no-scoping with the awp...HAX I TELL YOU!!!
*fmj*power
+1|6757

dsb wrote:

We had a cal-i player that would scrim with us.  He was ridiculous.  Always no-scoping with the awp...HAX I TELL YOU!!!
thats why i stopped, haxs are way to abundant, numorus and go unpoliced. starting to see the same thing now in bf2 with the mx haxs,and now that commander bull also, too bad punkbuster sucks nutz or maybe they could of stopped them in july when they first came out, them guys have been at it since day 2 of the demo, bastards already ruied F.E.A.R., everyone is cheating in the multiplayer for that game!!! maybe ea and dice will do some homework next time but i doubt it, that would cost money.
DUFFKING
Insert witty comment here
+3|6759|Brixham, UK
I played CS:S for a bit... I was quite good. But then I bought a budget copy of Freelancer, and I still play that a lot...
Hicks
+0|6786|Rolling Hills of England
Yeah, I'm and old CS:S man but when BF2 came out I made the switch, if only because it was a bit more engaging, you could do more. I agree with you, Adonlude; you deffo need better skills for CS but after 1.5, 1.6 didn't seem to give much more to the game.

I still play now and its frightening how much worse I've got at it, but its still the same old thing, same maps, same guns, same tactics. I still love it though. On the other hand, STEAM is superb (ok, it was a bit rocky at the start - I'll give you that) but now its just the best multiplay console thingy out there. All others should take note, especially the BF2/gamespy rubbish.
Dilly
The Amish Must Die!
+1|6848
the worst thing that valve did was eliminate punkbuster after 1.3 I believe.  1.4 they put their own anti cheat which sucked balls.  I played since 1.2 to 1.6 and source, just quit shortly after source came out.  After valve dropped punkbuster, hacking jumped up like 10 fold.
Hicks
+0|6786|Rolling Hills of England

Dilly wrote:

the worst thing that valve did was eliminate punkbuster after 1.3 I believe.  1.4 they put their own anti cheat which sucked balls.  I played since 1.2 to 1.6 and source, just quit shortly after source came out.  After valve dropped punkbuster, hacking jumped up like 10 fold.
- yeah and the Valve Anti Cheat (VAC) stuff hasn't quite caught up yet. Hopefully it will though.
WhyteDem0n
+0|6780
BF2 > CS > CS:S...I myself thought CS:S to be quite shitty. The graphics were the only good point in that game. CS:S takes no skill whatsoever compared to 1.6, and 1.6 barely takes much. But BF2 is so much faster and advanced...Valve wishes they could be like EA/DICE ^_^
Rakasan
+7|6838|California, USA
I played CS for about a week (way back).  I quit CS because I liked Q2/Q3 RocketArena mods better. CS seemed kinda slow paced, along with having a bunch of campers and little kids.  Man, I miss the railgun.
Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6790|England
I played cs from 1.3 to 1.6, I quit about 6 months ago to play bf2 as I was bored of it and fed up with the amount of hackers in the game.

Source sucks.
Milk.org
Bringing Sexy Back
+270|6777|UK
I played CS1.6 then CS:S for the leet graphics fast gameplay and ragdoll, but also was having an affair with Operation Flashpoint (mainly battlefield 1985 mod beleive it or not) because of the realism, the size and the freedom to do what the hell I wanted but I do beleive Battlefield 2 has the best mix possible for me ALL of the above mentioned and I think it's awesome.
-=256=-Evo_Wales
The New Evolution in gaming...
+14|6758|Cardiff, Wales
Used to play CS:S on the UKTC2 server for a few months earlier this year, made a few friends, wasn't too shabby, never good enough for a serious clan though. Then i played the BF2 demo and never looked back for any length of time. My rare visit back to CS:S results in death, death and more death
redfoxster
Chopper Whore Extraordinaire
+3|6774
i still play CS and scrim all the time, but because BF is so different to aim in, I need like 20 minutes of warm up time, I like Bf2 way better though, so much more to do, and more tactics and strategy than raw aiming and reaction time
MattCicioni
+1|6830|Arizona
I used to play CS for long streches at a time when I was in college.  Like 12 hours stints.  I almost failed out of my CIS porgram.  I had to get a medical note (I had broncities that semeseter) saying that my sickness caused me to fall behind in my classes.  Needless to say, I had to cut down on CS the next semester.  Didn't play it for a few years after that, then when I got HL2, I played it consistently for a few months, my skills got back up, but not to the point I was in college.  I was badass.  I used the name KillJoy, but so did a lot of other people I think.
-Matt
CBRad929
+1|6785
Played from 1.1 to 1.6

Quit because of all the hax

dsb wrote:

Actually a lot of people that do that went lo-tech.  Aim up AWP and use a crayon to mark the spot where it hits.  Then you can go around using AWP as an assault rifle.

Edit:  I do miss the days of being able to own on a map using "fun" weapons...Pump shotty, tmp, mac-10.  Spraying someone on accident and killing someone 1/2 way across the map.  I loved office playing Ts and coming up behind the CT rush with a pump shotty taking 7 people out before they realized I was behind them. 

Last edited by CBRad929 (2005-10-28 16:07:46)

JrunkinDuncan
+1|6775|Pullman, Wa
Yeah I used to  play freshman and sophomore year in college (Senior now). But I loved when normal CS was there, 1.6 & Source ruined that game. I know that everyone loves new graphics but never could they make a game that simple yet soooo intricate. It actually took skill instead of current games that require some skill and a badass gaming machine.

My best memory was everyone on my floor playing on the same server, hearing gunfire from  every room, beautiful, but like I said 1.6 and Source ruined that game.
AnarkyXtra
BF2s EU Server Admin
+67|6789|Hanging onto the UAV
I used to play. BF2 stole me away though.

And CSS is blatantly not as bad as everyone makes out.  People who say so are full of shit.

Sorry. I like stirring things up.
Scootering_Scoot
+0|6789
I play Battlefield 2 and sometimes Counter-Strike: Source
But its not Scootering_Scoot its Killer_Scooter

https://bf2s.com/player/45960455/awards.jpg
Tyroptic
+0|6828|chch
I would still be playing CS:S if BF2 didnt have rank. The rank is the only main thing thayt keeps me playing BF2
Dilly
The Amish Must Die!
+1|6848
AnarkyXtra the only reason I think cs:s sucks is because its the same exact game with almost no improvements except for graphics and ragdoll physics.  hell, they pretty much just remade all the same boring original maps we all played 50,000 times.  Take a look at a game like RTCW.  They improved it by coming out with a diff game called Enemy territory which I think is the best value game of all time, it was free, and so much fun to play.  It was a great improvement over RTCW. 

CS:S sorely needed a bunch of new weapons, perhaps even a ranking system where if you get a certain amount of points/kills you can buy new/better guns.  Just something to change it up.  I mean how many times can you freaking play dust2 in a row without getting bored.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard