Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6768
I've been looking at the BF1942 and Vietnam websites and they have loads of boats, transports and destroyers. Why do we have to suffer with the RIB, which gets killed by a single APC or Heli rocket? Lets have a proper landing craft, perhaps a submarine, destroyers, PT boats (4-8 person boat with turrets).
Dizazter
Crazy has a mind of its own
+0|6828
There's been a few postings on this, but yeah I agree man. RIB's are a joke. A bad joke where no one laughs except the plane or chopper that just sent you to the hereafter.
dsb
+0|6785
While I think subs and destroyers may be going overboard, something significantly more effective than the rib is warranted.  Something with a bit more armor to it since boats are so ridiculously exposed.  Also some kind of cannon that has greater effect on planes/choppers would be good.
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6849|Missoula, MT
Heck, just the mobile spawn boats would be enough for me.  Those were cool in BFV.  Plus picking them up with the Huey was fun too! 
Miakei
+1|6831|Los Angeles, CA
Ok, not to draw too much ire from everyone, but in Joint Ops they have a boat called the Mark V. It was essentially a fast moving gun platform.

http://www.novalogic.com/images/JOTR/screen2_hirez.jpg

It think that it would make a great addition to the BF2 lineup.
Kommando
+0|6760|Brisbane Australia
id like to see the return of manuverable Aircraft carriers and Destroyers.

maybe the Essex can spawn an LCAC with a tank or HMMV on it, and make it a mobile spawn.
https://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ship/lcac-kb97_8.jpg

that would be awesome.
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6794

Miakei wrote:

Ok, not to draw too much ire from everyone, but in Joint Ops they have a boat called the Mark V. It was essentially a fast moving gun platform.

http://www.novalogic.com/images/JOTR/screen2_hirez.jpg

It think that it would make a great addition to the BF2 lineup.
wooo torpedo boat!
ayb
+0|6763|Orlando, FL
the LCAC was *supposed* to be in bf2, along with alot of other things.

what i really miss is moveable ships like in 1942. wake 2007 sucks hard enough, but not being able to move the carrier just makes it all the worse.
Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6768
You could move the ship? How did that work? Maybe I'll downl... buy BF1942
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6796|Singapore

you drive the ship normally? I LOVED bringing to destroyer closer to shore and shelling the damn island. Or having an all out BOAT FIGHT!

You just had to find one of those little cabins and press E
-DS-Carbon
+0|6769|New Hampshire
What does our (US) military use for landing craft these days?
freebirdpat
Base Rapist
+5|6761

-DS-Carbon wrote:

LCAC is one of our landing craft, along with the LCU, and LCM. The RIB isn't used as a landing craft anyhow, its more of a patrol type deal. And the Navy Seals have use of a submarine.

Essentially for doing a landing type deal, it has multiple things going on, first you would have special forces land long before you actually invaded a beachhead, then the night before you would put troops on the beach, best way would be HALO paratroops. Then right before dawn would be the time you would want to land and take a beachhead.

Thats the short and simple answer theres probably a billion more things too that go on. I would prefer a smaller boat that spawned RIBs and was a mobile spawn point though, along with having a could of cannons on it.
Dizazter
+0|6828

freebirdpat wrote:

-DS-Carbon wrote:

LCAC is one of our landing craft, along with the LCU, and LCM. The RIB isn't used as a landing craft anyhow, its more of a patrol type deal. And the Navy Seals have use of a submarine.

Essentially for doing a landing type deal, it has multiple things going on, first you would have special forces land long before you actually invaded a beachhead, then the night before you would put troops on the beach, best way would be HALO paratroops. Then right before dawn would be the time you would want to land and take a beachhead.

Thats the short and simple answer theres probably a billion more things too that go on. I would prefer a smaller boat that spawned RIBs and was a mobile spawn point though, along with having a could of cannons on it.
RIBs are useless in the game, enemy jets and helos pick those things out of the water like pickin buffalo chicken out of your teeth. They're floating hearses.
Lawk
+2|6782
What we need are the little bird helos from DC.  Spawn 2-3 of those on the carrier.  I hate waiting for air vehicles only to be bombed or artied.  When the BH only holds 6, and i dont care to fly the jets for fear of being tked for one.  I end up standing around when i could be capping bases.  Complete bullshit.
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6790|The Hague, Holland
Indeed, RIB's are teh_suxx0rz. I mean come on, a rubber boat? Why dont give us a canoe for god's sake

http://www.brennabu.no/img/42-03---kano---b.jpg

^Even that would bring more damage to a tank then the lame old RIB^

Last edited by Sgt.Gh0st (2005-11-02 12:33:07)

Dizazter
+0|6828

Sgt.Gh0st wrote:

Indeed, RIB's are teh_suxx0rz. I mean come on, a rubber boat? Why dont give us a kano for god's sake

http://www.brennabu.no/img/42-03---kano---b.jpg

^Even that would bring more damage to a tank then the lame old RIB^
Those canoes are way too well armored, would through the game balance way outta whack.
FLaXCarnage
+1|6794|Florida
I personally would like a Canoe
TrevorP
+0|6801
I loved the boats so much for BF1942 that I started a mod awhile ago that sadly died called Ocean Warfare...I had like mini subs and everything on that thing...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard