Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6690
I know that we have two commander guides in the wiki, but I thought I would put forth my thoughts on commading.

1) Let them know that YOU mean bussiness
https://img204.imageshack.us/img204/2813/screen17327sz.th.png
(the car on the friendly helo was an accident lol)

2) Moral - Happy soldiers are good players.
When ever your team does something good, whether it be, capping a flag, stopping the bleed, making a clear path to victory, always tell them how good they are doing. It makes them get pumed and ready to get right back in to the shit.  Even if they screw up, let 'em know that they did good. And most of all, encourage them to KILL KILL KILL!
https://img141.imageshack.us/img141/2480/screen17331qh.th.png

3) Show no mercy...
Let your underlings know that you lead a team of cold blooded killers. Throw em the bone so they fight even harder next round.
https://img97.imageshack.us/img97/7348/screen17340mw.th.png

4) Always talk to your squads and respond to their requests.

5) Keep your tools active. Scan, Spot, UAV, Arty, Vehicles. Your team needs you.

Follow my advice and you should be well on your way to pretty little stats.
https://img145.imageshack.us/img145/1034/aads9wm.th.jpg

Last edited by Superior Mind (2006-07-10 21:15:35)

spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6639|Burmecia, Land of the Rain
if only every commander were as nice to their troops as you

today all i got was the commander telling me i was doing shite when i was the highest scoring person on our team..
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6690
thanks. btw, how is ur friend doing?
Defiance
+438|6668

Mist has a friend?
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6690
yah, but that is not relevant to the topic...
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6628|Washington, DC

Hmm.. be... nice? I always thought the best way was to tell them "GET GATEHOUSE" then when they sit at hotel, arty all of them.
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6639|Burmecia, Land of the Rain

Defiance wrote:

Mist has a friend?
piss off..

and Superior Mind thanks for asking

he's doin fine... well.. as fine as he could be in that situation..

poor kid

1st edit: adding in the conversation to Superior Mind..
2nd edit: getting Superior Mind's name correct..

Last edited by spawnofthemist (2006-07-10 21:44:13)

BolvisOculus
Spagett!
+167|6616|Manitowoc, WI
ya, but i would rather have a mean comander than a comander that sits in a jet the entire time or fights and will ONLY use the assests to help himself, without answering any requests)
=MCHD= arush5268d
+46|6499|Houston, TX
Good basic guide for people starting to command!
silo1180
The Farewell Tour
+79|6420|San Antonio, TX
Hate to bring an old thread up but I need to vent...

Dalian Plant the USMC cmdr is killing us with the arty.  So I spawn as Spec Op, hop in the water and ask for a ride... no response.  So I start swimming towards the USMC arty (and that's a long, long swim).  I get there and the arty is going off.  So I spread my C4 amongst the big guns and blow it.  Of course, one of the three is only damaged, so I request a supply drop to finish the job.  USMC commander is still using what he has.  I ask for ammo for 5 minutes.  I used the "Q" screen to request, sent the request by team chat, and even used VOIP.  Nada.

So I hop in a boat and head back to shore.  As soon as I step out I got killed.  If I had gotten my supplies I could have finished the arty and moved on to the carrier to do some real damage, but no.  My commander is too busy running around.

My answer?  I spawn back at the PLA un-cap.  Find the commander and place all 5 of my C4 around him.  I type, "I told you I needed ammo" and then I pushed the button.  It was worth the TK.
[Spec]-=Colonel_Zero=-
+21|6359|None ya

spawnofthemist wrote:

today all i got was the commander telling me i was doing shite when i was the highest scoring person on our team..
if only every commander would command
AndrewKF
+3|6365
The thing with commanders .....
Commanders are not only there to give you supplies and UAV etc. They're giving orders as well. Once me and my friend joined a Karkand map ( 32 players ) as MEC, we were loosing battle badly by over 60 points and had like two flags left. Of course there was no commander, so I applied and took the job. After a long an furious battle our team managed to recover all flags on the east side of the river and I'm ordering then to make a bloody defense line on that damn river. We were outnumbered by two guys and rather more skillful, but my teams mostly understood simple orders. We started to block them at the bridge, I've dropped arty constantly on advancing enemies we had two APC and a Tank near bridge slaughtering USMC and two teams blocked the water pass. All was beautiful we were losing now only by 30  ( 120:150 more or less ) and enemy was loosing points like hell. But then what happened. Most of teams seen opportunity to counterattack and retake the whole loot. Even my buddy ( Private then, he couldn't even shoot properly ) felt like a Rambo and asked me for supplies drop because he wants to blow enemy UAV !!!!   WTF where are you? I've told you defend that fuc**ng river, then our APC's crossed the bridge to cap some flags,  Of course they where slaughtered near Hotel and other teams spread as well. In this moment by the river there was only one team left and me.  Enemy used that pretty well and we were overrun and crushed. That really pissed me off. We really had a big chance to win that match. I've even pleased DEFEND THAT DAMN RIVER GOD DAMMIT !!!!!
Commanders must cooperate with squads give them support but squads should listen to their bloody COMMANDER. If guys under my command obey orders or, they really know what they're doing i give them everything they need if not ......
Or maybe I've just failed as a commander

Last edited by AndrewKF (2006-12-18 11:11:37)

deathpunker
+1|6310

spawnofthemist wrote:

Hrm now that sounds familiar to me

Most of the commanders are pricks
Skorpy-chan
+127|6342|Twyford, UK
Quick question, how DO you do the commander messages? I would severely like to shout at squads when commanding, but can't find how.
n0sX
+71|6452
Thanks
CTD-CaptainBuck
BLEEDING BLUE
+71|6765|Tenn

Skorpy-chan wrote:

Quick question, how DO you do the commander messages? I would severely like to shout at squads when commanding, but can't find how.
right click on the squad number while in the commander screen
privatepyle12415
+0|6293
just a lil tip

you get more commander points if u dont fight, because the points are based on how well your team is doing. if u fight u are "stealing" points from your team and are reducing the commander points you receive.
SirSpitter
+0|6271
I just use commands to the squads and tell them their doing great when they are, I try to use tactics and team work but thats not allways possible, some people make squads but don't give a sh*t about what the commander says.

I usually score 150 to 200 points per round as commander.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard