World would be speaking Russian (eventually)3%3% - 6
Germany would share world with Japan8%8% - 17
Russia would share world with Japan1%1% - 3
World would be speaking Japanese5%5% - 10
Total: 198
DazBurt
Kinda Nice Guy!
+10|6712|In The Zone
WTF are you people talking about?  There is no argument on what would have happened if america/japan/germany hadn't joined the war.

Germany tried to capture western Europe with the Blitz and was slowed down in France and Halted at the Channel, This then became the Battle of Britain.  Britain held back the Germans with grit and determination by flipping them the bird over the Channel.  It was only after the Germans were halted in their Western Advance that they decided that Russia was looking at them funny so they took most of their troops from the border of France and moved East.

USA never even joined the european part until early 1944 (they had some people there earlier but not in great numbers) and they helped bolster the numbers for the D-day landings.

If they didn't come then the numbers would have come from somewhere else.

In the previous 4 years running up to D-Day, britain lost hundreds of thousands of men defending their homeland and even fighting all over the globe.  Where were the USA in Africa, Egypt, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Iraq, Korea and many others.

I think it is really bad taste of you to say that the war was only won because the USA joined, and lets face it, you only joined because Japan caught you with your pants down.

It shames me to even write that last sentence about Pearl Harbour but that is exactly what this thread is doing.  Undermining all the Sacrifices that was made.

I am guessing that Bubbalo is a stereotypical Yank with a red neck and a Huge Ego because only someone as small minded as that would even think of starting a topic like this

I hope his mother dies in a freak yaughting accident

WE WILL REMEMBER THEM
herrr_smity
+156|6678|space command ur anus
they were in Africa
Rick_O_Shea678
Angry Engy
+95|6803
DazBurt, strong words.  You didn't really answer the question, but can we infer that you think the Nazis would have been invaded and pushed out of western Europe by a resolved Britain, fortified with troops from, as you say, "somewhere else"?

MurPHy, Barbarossa was 1941, not 1943.
DazBurt
Kinda Nice Guy!
+10|6712|In The Zone
Montgomery and the British 8th Army, which included the Light and Heavy Armoured Brigades (The Desert Rats and Black Rats), Were in Africa.  There is no mention of Americans being there so if they were there, they were in such small numbers that they didn't make any differance
herrr_smity
+156|6678|space command ur anus

DazBurt wrote:

Montgomery and the British 8th Army, which included the Light and Heavy Armoured Brigades (The Desert Rats and Black Rats), Were in Africa.  There is no mention of Americans being there so if they were there, they were in such small numbers that they didn't make any differance
here you go
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Kasserine_Pass

Last edited by herrr_smity (2006-07-12 12:36:08)

l=l-Oneill-l=l
+27|6887|Dundas, ONT, Canada

Wasder wrote:

@Longbow: У меня карма кончилась. Кстати, она не шлёт кириллицу, только какой-то цифровой код. Так что пиши на транслите. Я б тебе тоже добавил, но вчера всё раскидал.
Насчёт Т-34. Средним он был самый лучший, а из тяжёлых лучший танк был имхо Пантера.
Кстати странно, что нубы-америкосы не стали доказывать как сильно их Шерманы "рулили".
Don't even try, but I think most of the americans know that Sherman tank was nothing to compare to Germans or Russian tanks. This is plain and simple T-34 was the best tank of WW2.

About Japan attacking Soviet borders. OK I agree that they would of had momentary victory, because of second front. but lets get real here is Russia with almost un-limited amount of man power and than there is Japan, a small island that could disappear with one title wave. Need I say more.
DazBurt
Kinda Nice Guy!
+10|6712|In The Zone

herrr_smity wrote:

DazBurt wrote:

here you go
Ok, so they held the Flank, Big Deal.  Its still degrading the memory of all those who died.

No wonder Americans Are hated so Fucking Much.  They Think so much of themselves and dont even realise that all their Fucking Kit comes from everyone else in the world.

The only reason you win things like Iraq is because you throw numbers at the enemy.  Even a Rock will give way eventually to the tide, You lot are so full of yourselves that you dont even think of who is getting in the way.

Before you start slagging me off about this, My Grandfather died in WWII, and I have fought in both Iraq Wars and Afghanistan and the only (Dangerous) Incoming Fire that I took was from......Guess who.....A Fucking Yank, who I kicked the shit out of.

DO NOT DEGRADE THE MEMORY OF ALL THOSE WHO HAVE DIED IN THE CONFLICTS AROUND THE GLOBE BY YOUR STUPID LAME ASS "DEBATES"

This is nothing but an attempt to get people Flaming, and with me it is working because I am sick of all these posts that pop up. 

If there is any Admin/Mods around I would Lock this and put it on the bottom of the biggest Shit Pile that can be found on the internet

*/rant
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6766
well if WW2 has gone to around 1946, theres a big advantage for germany, why? new aircrafts. they will bring out their entire line of new jets. by then they wouldve developt heat seaking missles.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
PuckMercury
6 x 9 = 42
+298|6577|Portland, OR USA

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

well if WW2 has gone to around 1946, theres a big advantage for germany, why? new aircrafts. they will bring out their entire line of new jets. by then they wouldve developt heat seaking missles.
not to mention a better implentation of their v2 missle, which saw little action.  More accurate than the v1 and silent, you never heard it coming.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6766

puckmercury wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

not to mention a better implentation of their v2 missle, which saw little action.  More accurate than the v1 and silent, you never heard it coming.
that is also one of the main reason that the Axis may win the war.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
KrustyKids
+2|6554|CT
The Usa didnt do shit aoart from bombing japan ill give em that
=JoD=Corithus
+30|6608
Hmm, so the American's weren't involved until D-Day eh? So, you choose to ignore the lend-lease programs, Operation Torch, the battle at Salerno, the MILLIONS of tons of supplies of every description shipped to both Britian and Russia, the invasion of Sicily, the defeat of Rommel's Afrika Korps in North Africa? Of course, I guess several million men classify as "such small numbers that they didn't make any differance"

DazBurt, historically speaking, your a fool.
PuckMercury
6 x 9 = 42
+298|6577|Portland, OR USA

=JoD=Corithus wrote:

Hmm, so the American's weren't involved until D-Day eh? So, you choose to ignore the lend-lease programs, Operation Torch, the battle at Salerno, the MILLIONS of tons of supplies of every description shipped to both Britian and Russia, the invasion of Sicily, the defeat of Rommel's Afrika Korps in North Africa? Of course, I guess several million men classify as "such small numbers that they didn't make any differance"

Preaching to the choir here, no one would address the lend/lease program.  I brought it up twice earlier, the other aspects you brought up were mentioned and overlooked by others as well.  This thread doesn't seem interested in that.  <shrug>
joewardog
+6|6740|Great Plains (USA)
Alright I think a clarification needs to be set.

Does America not entering WW II, equal the same as America not even offering monetary/military aid to Britain or Russia?

If you eliminate that fact, I would argue that Axis would have won. 

Who would have been there to push Japan out of the Pacific?  As someone pointed out, Britain was too busy in Africa and other places, which would have left Australia and NZ to fend for themselves.

I'll post more at a later point...
=JoD=Corithus
+30|6608
Oh, and in regards to the T-34, the ONLY advantages it had over German tanks was it's speed, and it's numbers.  There were over 40,000 T-34'S built during WW2, where as there were less than 1200 Tigers, and less than 4000 Panthers.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6766
and russia had tons of yak-3's. i think russias only advantage is sheer numbers. but germany has the upper hand in technology.
buttered noodle
+16|6696|ohio

Spark wrote:

Germans would've been absolutely hammered by teh Russians. You can't fight a war of that size on two fronts.

Oh, right. Just saw the 'opinions' bit.

I think that NO country should get any special mention.

Russia: If they hadn't held up against Op. Barbossa, and pushed the Germans back, massive (and I mean massive) sections of the German military would've been freed. You had a hard enough time as it was - I think you wouldn't have stood a chance at a double (or even triple) strength Germany.

Britain. If THEY hadn't held up, well, then, Hitler's achieved his goal. And freed up units for Russia. PLUS, the US wouldn't have had a decent base from which to attack. You can't attack from the US, because no Britain = total domination by the German Navy + U-Boats. Your armies would be sleeping with the fishes - what was left, of them, anyway.

US: Their convoys were instrumental in helping Britain survive - mostly because of their sheer industrial power. Armies certainly helped.

Australia - We provided a 'base' for the US armies to push from?

Germany: They had the brilliant idea of waging a war on two fronts, and in the process, greatly weakened themselves.
Without Americans providing the basis for a 2 front war the Germans could ahve easily overwhelmed the USSR with all their resources, once asia and europe fell then they would most likely have made a run at the U.S.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6611

joewardog wrote:

Who would have been there to push Japan out of the Pacific?  As someone pointed out, Britain was too busy in Africa and other places, which would have left Australia and NZ to fend for themselves.
Actually, it was discovered post war that there was no threat to Australia in the near term, as the Japanese didn't believe they could make it down through Australia due to supply issues.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6579|Global Command

Bubbalo wrote:

Actually, it was discovered post war that there was no threat to Australia in the near term, as the Japanese didn't believe they could make it down through Australia due to supply issues.
I catagorically disagree with everything you just said.
The Japanese had not made a habit of worrying about resupply in any of their other conquests, what makes you think they would have been different towards your country.
The concept was indigenous supply. The Japs simply took all their food from the locals as they advanced. Resupply of bullets and such may have been a problem but I say that once again you owe America a debt of gratitude for drawing them off into the battle of Midway. Otherwise you Aussies would have gotten invaded for certain.
     Ask people from Manilla how the Japanese treated the civilians as they invaded.
They made the American soldier look like the noble knight in shinning armor.
http://www.users.bigpond.com/battleforA … nvade.html
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6611
Unfortuantely all I can find for you is a wikipedia article.  Having said that, Dr Peter Stanley would disagree with you, and your statement doesn't make sense.  Comparisons between territories already invaded and Australia are foolish:

1)  Australia consists largely of desert.  Further, those areas which don't consist of desert are not similar to the rainforests north of us.

2)  Most of what Japan had already gone through offered little resistance, consisting mainly of tribal areas without modern firearms.  In an invasion of Australia the Japanese would face determined resistance with modern weaponry.
DazBurt
Kinda Nice Guy!
+10|6712|In The Zone

=JoD=Corithus wrote:

The Lend-lease program was just business for you to make a few bucks, Not because there was a war on. 

The supplies were bought and paid for at extortionate prices.

Scicily is about as big as my Back Yard so to invade it with millions of men (which I doubt) is rather stupid.

Who is the fool here?  Not me

http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/war/wwtwo/ … t_01.shtml

The whole story of the N.Africa Campaign
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6891|Cologne, Germany

DazBurt wrote:

herrr_smity wrote:

DazBurt wrote:

here you go
Ok, so they held the Flank, Big Deal.  Its still degrading the memory of all those who died.

No wonder Americans Are hated so Fucking Much.  They Think so much of themselves and dont even realise that all their Fucking Kit comes from everyone else in the world.

The only reason you win things like Iraq is because you throw numbers at the enemy.  Even a Rock will give way eventually to the tide, You lot are so full of yourselves that you dont even think of who is getting in the way.

Before you start slagging me off about this, My Grandfather died in WWII, and I have fought in both Iraq Wars and Afghanistan and the only (Dangerous) Incoming Fire that I took was from......Guess who.....A Fucking Yank, who I kicked the shit out of.

DO NOT DEGRADE THE MEMORY OF ALL THOSE WHO HAVE DIED IN THE CONFLICTS AROUND THE GLOBE BY YOUR STUPID LAME ASS "DEBATES"

This is nothing but an attempt to get people Flaming, and with me it is working because I am sick of all these posts that pop up. 

If there is any Admin/Mods around I would Lock this and put it on the bottom of the biggest Shit Pile that can be found on the internet

*/rant
before advising me on my duties, maybe you should try to refrain from swearing first. Personal attacks are a no-go here, whatever the discussion at hand.

DazBurt wrote:

I am guessing that Bubbalo is a stereotypical Yank with a red neck and a Huge Ego because only someone as small minded as that would even think of starting a topic like this

that alone would be sufficient to have you banned... I'll think about that.
DazBurt
Kinda Nice Guy!
+10|6712|In The Zone

B.Schuss wrote:

before advising me on my duties, maybe you should try to refrain from swearing first. Personal attacks are a no-go here, whatever the discussion at hand.

DazBurt wrote:

that alone would be sufficient to have you banned... I'll think about that.
My Apologies B.Schuss, But these threads are starting to get my blood boiling.  You would think people would just let it go after 60 years, I'll try and keep my temper in future

Last edited by DazBurt (2006-07-13 05:36:11)

kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6599|Southeastern USA

puckmercury wrote:

=JoD=Corithus wrote:

Preaching to the choir here, no one would address the lend/lease program.  I brought it up twice earlier, the other aspects you brought up were mentioned and overlooked by others as well.  This thread doesn't seem interested in that.  <shrug>
Take a nap, facts are useless on these forums

and burt, bubbalo is australian and has shown nothing but disdain for anything american

Last edited by kr@cker (2006-07-13 05:41:53)

=JoD=Corithus
+30|6608

DazBurt wrote:

=JoD=Corithus wrote:

The Lend-lease program was just business for you to make a few bucks, Not because there was a war on. 

The supplies were bought and paid for at extortionate prices.

Scicily is about as big as my Back Yard so to invade it with millions of men (which I doubt) is rather stupid.

Who is the fool here?  Not me

http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/war/wwtwo/ … t_01.shtml

The whole story of the N.Africa Campaign
Well, your rambling, factually devoid statements are amusing to read, I'll give you that much, however, facts, as is usually the way, makes fairly short work of your foolishness.  Sicily was heavily forified by both the Italians and Germans, and if your backyard is the size of that nation....well, no, your just an idiot, not gonna waste my time getting into it any more than that.  It might also amuse you to know that the products shipped during the lend lease program weren't paid for by any of the recieving nations is any significant way, they were, majorily speaking, gifts.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard