Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6743

NuclearBlasted wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

NuclearBlasted wrote:

In some SF maps, you don't have the option of using any AKs.  CQC is not for medics?  Are you serious?  Maybe they aren't the wisest choice, but their healing and reviving abilities make them almost essentially close quarters.
Lol name one map in the entire game without an AK...idiot
Try using an AK as SAS on Warlord, idiot.
Yah but u said, some sf MAPS don't have AK's, u should have said armies...idiot

Last edited by Superior Mind (2006-07-10 14:46:00)

NuclearBlasted
+8|6743

Superior Mind wrote:

NuclearBlasted wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

Lol name one map in the entire game without an AK...idiot
Try using an AK as SAS on Warlord, idiot.
Yah but u said, some sf MAPS don't have AK's, u should have said armies...idiot
I meant that you won't always have the option of using AKs on SF maps.  Christ, don't be so dense.  No one is stupid enough to say that no maps in the game have any AKs at all on them.  It is just that the option of using one is not always there.

Last edited by NuclearBlasted (2006-07-10 14:47:49)

{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6628|Florida
I personally hate the gun.  I get killed with it quite often, but the little ive used it I do horrible with it.
ddenholm67
DanForth Teh Pwnzer
+53|6606|Scotland
pea shooter.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6741|Devon, England

ddenholm67 wrote:

pea shooter.
lol, it seems that way when your using it, but not with other people, eh?
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6677|Warlord

valli wrote:

I can't believe anyone would use the L85 in close combat situations.
One of my best CQB moments in the game was using the L85A1.

I have few enough that this was memorable anyway but it was the only time I've managed to play with Books and Sinny so I remember it for that reason too. I killed six guys when single-handedly attacking, converting and then briefly defending Hotel on Karkand; the L85A1 was powerful enough to take out three of the opposition with a single mag. If you look at my assault-rifle stats it goes without saying that I was lucky but any good close-up fighter would be able to do the same without breaking a sweat.

valli wrote:

CQC is not for medics in the first place (low armour)...
Shhhhh, don't tell combat snipers that, they might get scairt... going into combat with no armour and a single-shot rifle, imagine that?!
I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6769|Melbourne, Australia
it was my first unlock because i thought it was an I.M.I Tavor

i never liked the gun but its very good if u always keep it on single shot an just tap it off real quikly
valli
+10|6688
By close combat I meant encounters around a corner and such stuff where a medic will NOT have time to mess around with his nurse bag...

Anyway, I take it all back: fooled around with the L85 as SAS on Warlord the other day, and the gun absolutely RIPS at medium shots, plus I've got lots of amazing kills at close range bursting WITHOUT aiming, only crouching.

So my question now is "WTF have they done to it post-1.2??" It was my first unlock and I have't used it in ages, I don't remember it being any good at anything except long range single firing.
-[Silver.Inc*
BF2s AU Server Admin
+315|6630|Melbourne, Australia.
The guns good for certain situations, but very very unreliable. One minute you could hit 3 targets in the head with the first shot, the next you miss with all 10 bullets. I rarely use it.
Hopeslast
+0|6544
M16A2- Very good weapon. Firing rate is very high, highest of all other 3 burst weapons. Very accurate as well.
L85A1- Very good single shot weapon. Automatic capabilities are for close us encounters, I don't reccommend using Automatic unless you are in compact areas. Otherwise, stick with single shot on this weapon.
G36E- Very promising weapons. Comparable to the G36C. It is slightly more accurate from my experience. The Burst is slower then the M16 which is the only draw back. Good Unlock.

Hope this helps with everyone.

My weapon of choice as Medic: M16A2 (Good solid weapon)

Enjoy!

USRW Hopeslast
Eckzack
The east-german Fuxxer
+37|6894|Germany / Saxony
My order on the medic-rifles:

AK47 > AK101 > M16A2 > G36E > L85A1

Just my 2 cts
https://bf3s.com/sigs/384f5f7318c23ecb5909f14b157d6d31e8b5a332.png

IRNV-Field 3... New School Shit...
TheDarkRaven
ATG's First Disciple
+263|6674|Birmingham, UK

Hopeslast wrote:

M16A2- Very good weapon. Firing rate is very high, highest of all other 3 burst weapons. Very accurate as well.
L85A1- Very good single shot weapon. Automatic capabilities are for close us encounters, I don't reccommend using Automatic unless you are in compact areas. Otherwise, stick with single shot on this weapon.
G36E- Very promising weapons. Comparable to the G36C. It is slightly more accurate from my experience. The Burst is slower then the M16 which is the only draw back. Good Unlock.

Hope this helps with everyone.

My weapon of choice as Medic: M16A2 (Good solid weapon)

Enjoy!

USRW Hopeslast
1. G36E fires at a rate 1.5 times faster than any of these, and I quote you saying, "The [G36E] Burst is slower then the M16 which is the only draw back." Wrong.
2. The M16 is wrong about fire rate - see above.
3. M16 is good, but it may be wiser to be more comfortable with the G36E or the L85A1 as you can use them with any army. This is the advantage of unlocks.
Hopeslast
+0|6544
G36E does not fire at 1.5x that of M16 sorry but your wrong.

Benefits of the G36E over the M16A2 are as follows.

More accurate in Standing/Crouching positions. Faster reload time. Usuable with any army

Benefits of the M16A2 over the G36E are as follows.

Higher rate of first in burst mode. More accurate in the Prone position which is the position people most use. Recoil can be less then the G36E, it can deviate less or more then the G36E.

Its a matter of taste. But I assure you. The G36E does not fire 1.5x faster then the M16A2... That is a joke...

Last edited by Hopeslast (2006-07-22 03:01:14)

0nehitkill
+0|6580
A buddy of mine treats the L85A1 as a sniper rifle, one hit to the head = kill.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6703
the l85a1 is a piece of crap that is outclassed by every other medic gun in the game.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
aLi3nZ
+138|6557|New Zealand
I have used l85a1 a lot, its not that bad once you get used to it, but I much prefer the AK-101 and would also chose the G36E over the l85a1.

A strong point for the l85a1 is the scope, but it takes a while to get used to.
I would agree that it is maybe the best single shot weapon in the game but the gun recoil is too buch imo.

F2000 is an awesome gun btw.
farmerfez
o wut?
+78|6580

The l85 owns. If ytou fire in 3-4 shot bursts at medium to semi-long range. you can kill stuff. But for those uber long shots, single shot is your friend.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6671|London, England
I'll be laughing at the medics once there medic bags are nerfed. Finally they don't get that n00b medic-pack godmode.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard