[RT]Sniper<TO4>
+0|6756
Man alot crap needs to be removed Grenade launcher removed Gravity for the users of Dao/grenade launcher removed man screw that just put age limits on Servers 18+ have there social security id sent to ea
pogled
+0|6786|Europe

dryserg wrote:

ayb wrote:

it would never get enough support to be implemented, but one thing i've long wanted to see is the complete elimination of jumping in battlefield. honestly, not only are you going to be able to hop hop hop along the bunny trail, you would be lucky to be able to jump more than an inch off the ground once while standing STILL with all the gear soldiers carry. figure a 5 pound weapon, a 40-75 pound pack, 3 or 4 clips, grenades, a pistol, a knife, survival gear, body armor, thick-soled boots. makes me short of breath just thinking about it.
-as an active military I may say it`s true
Haven't seen any 40-75 pound pack ingame though. Als soldiers wear only (fairly) light assault gear (except engineer and AT). Assault webbing and pack is about 6-10kg (like worn by most classes in BF). Weapon of course is extra (assault weapon 5kg, 0.5kg a clip).
Oh boy, if the simulated the back pack too we would be in big troubel (if you ever have gone prone with a 25+ kg pack, got up, charged, prone again and so on you know what i'm talking about; as reserve officer i know about that *joy* first hand). And AT would only drive.

Bunny hopping is one thing, jumping another. Since games dont allow you to walk properly ofer 0.2m high obstacles the have to include jumps. Same with down stairs and such. Jumping decreases stamina, problem solved.
OR if you do more than 10 consecuteve jumps - you die from stoke, problem solved :-)

Last edited by pogled (2005-11-05 16:01:56)

Bravery
+-1|6778
ayb, honestly. E-Thug it up somewhere else, cause you're a fucking idiot. It's EA's fault because they can't code for shit. Even mods know how to turn the fucking bunny hopping off for fucks sake. I kill bunny-hoppers all the fucking time, it's the ones that bunny hop continuously and throw C4 at you with the quick explode exploit.

And really ayb, shut your fucking mouth. Bunny-Hopping was not  fucking meant to be in the game, EA is just too god damn lazy to fix it just like every fucking bug in the game.
namtih
+0|6756
Would it not be genius to do the same thing they did in CS:S as in make it when you land you need a second or so to recover before you jump again, and or move?
[CPD]588
ANTI-TANK
+0|6778|Columbus, Ga.
ugh, mentioning one of the suckiest games ever like CS should never be compared in any way to BF2.
ayb
+0|6763|Orlando, FL

Bravery wrote:

ayb, honestly. E-Thug it up somewhere else, cause you're a fucking idiot. It's EA's fault because they can't code for shit. Even mods know how to turn the fucking bunny hopping off for fucks sake. I kill bunny-hoppers all the fucking time, it's the ones that bunny hop continuously and throw C4 at you with the quick explode exploit.

And really ayb, shut your fucking mouth. Bunny-Hopping was not  fucking meant to be in the game, EA is just too god damn lazy to fix it just like every fucking bug in the game.
i'll get right on that, but only because you asked so politely.

Last edited by ayb (2005-11-06 15:07:26)

namtih
+0|6756

[CPD]588 wrote:

ugh, mentioning one of the suckiest games ever like CS should never be compared in any way to BF2.
not compairing it at all, i just think that the method they used to remove the "bunnyhopping" is a good method... also damn the fking m2o3
[CPD]588
ANTI-TANK
+0|6778|Columbus, Ga.
but that's the problem namith, bunnyhopping in games like CS or TFC or Quake had a different effect because you are calling it the wrong thing.  The original idea behind bunnyhopping was in a sense, strafe jumping without using the forward key to gain momentum and thus gaining a much higher top speed than was possible before. 

What ppl are calling bunnyhopping in BF2 is just merely ppl jumping around to avoid being hit.  It's not making them move any faster.

just trying to clear that up.  i realize at this point ppl aren't going to start calling it something different, but wanted to re-iterate that was they are 2 different things.
namtih
+0|6756

[CPD]588 wrote:

but that's the problem namith, bunnyhopping in games like CS or TFC or Quake had a different effect because you are calling it the wrong thing.  The original idea behind bunnyhopping was in a sense, strafe jumping without using the forward key to gain momentum and thus gaining a much higher top speed than was possible before. 

What ppl are calling bunnyhopping in BF2 is just merely ppl jumping around to avoid being hit.  It's not making them move any faster.

just trying to clear that up.  i realize at this point ppl aren't going to start calling it something different, but wanted to re-iterate that was they are 2 different things.
you don't get me still, what i mean is that when people land from a jump it takes them time to recover, thus they're unable to jump again for a second or so.. thus are unable to jump repeatedly to avoid being hit... as i said before

Last edited by namtih (2005-11-08 08:15:44)

blacksheepcannibal
+24|6760
i think that the delay between jumps is a good idea, and would solve bunny-hopping better than anything else ive seen (including my proposal of no shooting a weapon for a second after jumping). id say like a 1 1/2 second delay after jumping where you could shoot, but not jump...i mean, who, other than bunny hoppers, jumps more than every 2 seconds? and that second and a half after jumping is at reduced movement, i think like 1/2 move (?) in CS. i dont think that would be a bad idea to put ingame either. that way, you bunnyhop, your more of a target, but if you strafe around, your a harder target.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard