Mike<Eagle23>
BF2sEU old school admin - I don't care who you are
+359|6745|Germany

Now, when the World Cup is over, I would like to hear what were / are your feelings about it, how did you expirience it. I'm not talking about the matches, but the atmosphere around the matches, the organisation the public viewings and partys and so on...
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6661
italy wins see you 2010
elite
+89|6731|Sheffield, England
congrats to italiano!
-MIKI3.
+70|6661|The Netherlands

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

italy wins see you 2010
yup, the year when the netherlands is going to be campion !

ps why the fuck did Zidane do that
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6648|Washington, DC

Because he's a tard =p

I love the World Cup. Football is so much more interesting than American Football.

American Football: 5 seconds of running, a minute of huddling and getting ready to run for another 5 seconds. Somehow a 60 minute game takes 4 hours.

Football: 90 minutes (up to a bit over 2 hours at most) of intense action the whole time.

the best part aboutt he world cup is how it's all these different cultures playing it out for the top title. It's wonderful to see all the fans cheering on, the different faces, the clashes between cultures (England and France is a pretty intense match anytime). It's like war but settled through sport instead of bullets.
Redhell14
+8|6529|Germany
well, i guess this was one very peaceful world cup, except for maybe a few "stupid" things happening, no "hooligans" were actually beating the shit outa everyone
Mike<Eagle23>
BF2sEU old school admin - I don't care who you are
+359|6745|Germany

For me the World Cup was the best time of my life, 4 weeks a non-stop party, especially on the 6 days when there were  matches in my hometown. All the people from all over the world were happy and... well, I can't describe it, everyone who did not experience it here in Germany missed something.
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6773|United States of America
Yay the french pussies lost!!!
DaVeWaVe
Sponsored by Ready Brek... The Nation's Favourite
+7|6679|Farmland, England
zidane pretty much demoralised the whole of the french team with that move. Props to italy for owning the penalties. Someday England will do that too.
specops10-4
+108|6760|In the hills

Gooners wrote:

Fucking Zidane Is Such A Fucking Twat Why The Fuck Do That Hes One Of The Fucking Penalty Takers Now When I Go Outside All Im Going To See Is Fucking Italian Flags For Fucks Sake!
Ya i know, that was fucking retarded!  I have never seen anyone head but someone else in the chest... It just looked so wierd, especially on his last game of his amazing career.  Before I thought he was wise cause he was really old for soccer, but now he will be regarded negatively instead of one of the best players ever.  GREAT WAY TO RUIN YOUR LEGACY DUMBFUCK!!!!!

(i really did not care who won cause I from neither of the countries, but still Zidane was retarded!!!!1)
Reaxzion
HOU A.U.B. JE MUIL!
+44|6612|Europe and goddamn proud of it
The only thing I would like to say about the finale is:

Italia shouldn't be proud with their price. Because winning thru penalties does NOT show any sign of good soccer-skills

Last edited by Reaxzion (2006-07-09 16:27:04)

Pinto
+13|6596

ExecutionerStyle wrote:

Because he's a tard =p

I love the World Cup. Football is so much more interesting than American Football.

American Football: 5 seconds of running, a minute of huddling and getting ready to run for another 5 seconds. Somehow a 60 minute game takes 4 hours.

Football: 90 minutes (up to a bit over 2 hours at most) of intense action the whole time.

the best part aboutt he world cup is how it's all these different cultures playing it out for the top title. It's wonderful to see all the fans cheering on, the different faces, the clashes between cultures (England and France is a pretty intense match anytime). It's like war but settled through sport instead of bullets.
Why bring up the slam on American Football?  You're going to hijack this thread from a football/soccer appreciation thread into another which-sport-is-better one.  It's amazing how people on this site can never stay positive.
JG1567JG
+110|6605|United States of America

Reaxzion wrote:

Italia shouldn't be proud with their price. Because winning thru penalties does NOT show any sign of good soccer-skills
Wouldn't not getting penalized show better discipline on Italy's part.  The only way not to be proud of a win would be to win by forfiet or cheating.

Hey pinto  American Football and what we Americans call soccer are two totally different sports and can't even be compared.  I for one love American Football and have nothing against soccor. I am somewhat ignorent when it comes to soccor but do enjoy to watch some when I see it on here in the states.

The best sport is the one where the players are not getting paid to play.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6692|Canberra, AUS

JG1567JG wrote:

Reaxzion wrote:

Wouldn't not getting penalized show better discipline on Italy's part.  The only way not to be proud of a win would be to win by forfiet or cheating.

Hey pinto  American Football and what we Americans call soccer are two totally different sports and can't even be compared.  I for one love American Football and have nothing against soccor. I am somewhat ignorent when it comes to soccor but do enjoy to watch some when I see it on here in the states.

The best sport is the one where the players are not getting paid to play.
You call that a penalty?!

I think Italy deserved to win - they had 2 more excellent headers, which could've gone in any other day. They were in their own half for the last 70 minutes, but France got hardly any good shots.

Still.

Penalties shouldn't decide a world cup - a child can kick a ball between the posts. It all comes down to luck, basically.

"The best sport is the one where the players are not getting paid to play"

True. But then:

1. The quality of players would be diminished. Why? Because they cannot concentrate all their efforts towards playing, as they have to work to earn money.

2. It's far more lucrative for young players. This also promotes the sport to young kids (who of course like the nice cars and big houses)
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Erkut.hv
+124|6752|California
I'm glad there was more coverage of Soccer in the US this time around. I don't remember the last world cup. Funny thing, our Ladies team has won 2 world cups, and Americans don't care. I hope because of the coverage and excitement, people will appreciate the game mroe in the states. I have 2 nieces with full sholarships because of the sport, and my youngan is playing goalie in his league.

It's an awesome sport, and a refreshing break from overpaid arrogant asses we have for role models in the States.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6638|London, England
lol if Italy didn't deserve to win the World cup than Germany would've beaten them in the semi-finals. If France deserved to win they would've taken their chances against italy and Zidane wouldn't have got himself sent off.

Simple really.

Italy won't be remembered for Winning the world cup on penalty's, just like how England isn't remembered for winning the world cup in '66 due to a dubious goal that wasn't really a goal.
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6788|AUS, Canberra
well there was more diving in  that world cup that at the aquatic center in the last Olympics.

i hated soccer before, but i gave it a go...i wont be making watching soccer a regular habit after that pathetic excuse for a world championship.

it boggles me how countries can have such bad sportsmanship bread into there athletes. it makes me even more proud to be Australian to know that our players don't play that pathetic style of game.
what ever happened to having pride in your country and pride in yourself?
alli saw was selfishness for the last month.

Europe can keep that shitty game over there.
Jinto-sk
Laid Back Yorkshireman
+183|6609|Scarborough Yorkshire England

Mike<Eagle23> wrote:

For me the World Cup was the best time of my life, 4 weeks a non-stop party, especially on the 6 days when there were  matches in my hometown. All the people from all over the world were happy and... well, I can't describe it, everyone who did not experience it here in Germany missed something.
Yeah I bet that was amazing you lucky dude. I said to all my mates we must go and experience a World Cup at least once not for the football but for the atmosphere and meeting people from all over the world. 
Well done Germany you seemed to host a really good WC.
Just a shame about the football, not the best world cup ruined by card happy refs and diving footballers, best match I watched was Argentina Vs Mexico
PekkaA
+36|6682|Finland

THA wrote:

well there was more diving in  that world cup that at the aquatic center in the last Olympics.

i hated soccer before, but i gave it a go...i wont be making watching soccer a regular habit after that pathetic excuse for a world championship.

it boggles me how countries can have such bad sportsmanship bread into there athletes. it makes me even more proud to be Australian to know that our players don't play that pathetic style of game.
what ever happened to having pride in your country and pride in yourself?
alli saw was selfishness for the last month.

Europe can keep that shitty game over there.
This goes offtopic, but I have to ask. Why is your signature in finnish?
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6707|Tampa Bay Florida
ROFL I laughed so freakin hard when that Zidane dude headbutted the Italian guy. 

OWNED
Sh1fty2k5
MacSwedish
+113|6727|Sweden
PekkA, thats swedish if i don't recall wrong..

I heard that Zidane headbutted that Italian dude cause he called him "Terrorist" refering to the fact that Zidane is half Algerian. LOL.
acidkiller187
+123|6647
WHOOOHOOO 2010 is im my home country South-Africa. If any one needs a place to stay, feel free to contact me in 2010 i'll still probably be playing BF2 LOL
sheggalism
+16|6759|France
France lost , but it really grinds my gear that Italy won, Germany really deserved it...

I hate Italian way of playing, and I hate Italian players especially Materazzi. Why ? this guy is a fucking retarded tackler...should be banned from football....but they did well this time...congrats Italy

https://img148.imageshack.us/img148/3502/7541d55fbe01fa14e7c9eea7ca94ca.gif

Yeah, Zidane headbutted him cause he called him "terrorist" and "son of a bitch" (since Zidane used to play with the Juventus, he may understand Italian a bit). He's gonna have some problems with anti-racism associations...
By the way, it's not the first time Zidane kicks someone ass, he's known to be quite bad-tempered while playing

Last edited by sheggalism (2006-07-10 12:40:15)

oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6536|Πάϊ
All you people saying Zidane's an asshole just dont get it do you?

The rules of the game explicitly say: no verbal abuse and no head banging

Yet you only pick on Zidane. I say enough of that! We've had enough of stupid players like gattuso and materazzi pulling shirts and swearing and fouling like pussies when the ref is not around. Zidane did well. If he was to continue playing I'm sure no pussy would pick on him again. Cantona did the same thing and since then he hasnt had to take shit from nobody.
ƒ³
golgoj4
+51|6791|North Hollywood
It was an good cup, all the cards got kind of annoying. Zidane made a dumbass mistake and it was sad to see him leave like that. But such is life. I predicted there would be some drama with Italy AND France in the final.

What i still dont understand is the goal that got called back in the italy v usa game. Cant block the goal? attacking position? Sounded a lil made up to me. Ive been playing soccer a long time and never had a ref call that.

Anyways...that zidane pic the other guy posted was awsome.

Congrats Italy

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard