THE_Ted_Chang
+0|6691

bobroonie.bda wrote:

i will rape you camp you kill you any way i can.. i dont care about anyone of your complaints. you want to cry go ahead. keep typing while im killing you. most of you just suck. not all but most. i can only say.. spawn somewhere else and if you cant tough shit. die like a man.. and yes war is not fair. this is a war game. you want fair go play golf with the rest of the ladies.

http://sigimages.bf2tracker.com/99329/2/sig1.png
I bet you are so popular on the servers.
Fahrenheit
+0|6781

bobroonie.bda wrote:

i you want fair go play golf with the rest of the ladies.

WHats fair about playing golf with the ladies? they get to tee off closer to the green lol...mind you with some of the loverly ladies ive seen playing watching from behind is a good compromise......hahahah....yes close this thread its a dinosaur and to him above bubbagump / bobgoonie whatever yes it is a war game emphasis on game, so whats wrong with playing with some manners from time to time...and abiding by the server rules. Obviously winning at any cost is more important to some peeps...QUOTE FROM TODAYS DAILY MAIL
"The only people who worry about winning are losers! real winners know that there is no shame in incurring a loss. They aim at satisfaction, not status"....nuff said me thinks!!!
Alert Medic
+0|6704

bobroonie.bda wrote:

i will rape you camp you kill you any way i can.. i dont care about anyone of your complaints. you want to cry go ahead. keep typing while im killing you. most of you just suck. not all but most. i can only say.. spawn somewhere else and if you cant tough shit. die like a man.. and yes war is not fair. this is a war game. you want fair go play golf with the rest of the ladies.

You're a cocky little bastard aren't ya?
SineNomine
Panzerblitz
+37|6725|SPARTA
At first: i agree with the author of this thread: there's no such thing as base raping!

i remember the first time i was accused of "base raping". i was commander of the pla on wake and we held all flags successfully. so my arty went down on the carrier, what else should i do? plenty of targets there! shall i beg them to come over und then arty them????
what followed was a funny discussion with one of the clan admins. i of course asked for a definition of baseraping. "dont attack the carrier" what about the commaner assets " uhm thats allowed" and shooting u while doing this "*great uhm* yeah" and when this is done what then? going back or kill myself? or is it allowed to blow up some guys or shot em? I got no answer! I said its their server, whatever they say i will obey. but obviously its f*cking ridiculous.
we won that round because even when they had a flag they didnt defend it adequately. everybody wanted a plane or whatever is on that carrier (do they serve beer there or why is there such amount of men standing around )
My opinion: if ur team cant defend u will get killed. in ur uncap base or outside. And: "baseraping" is in the game. i can put my arty where i want and if u stand there: ur prob, get cover!
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6843|Cologne, Germany

please don't mention artying the carrier. I played two rounds of Dalian Plant last night on USMC, and we got hammered twice. Our pilots sucked, and on the rare occasions where my squad ( I was with my regular funteam ) actually managed to cap a flag, no one from our team spawned there. Consequently, we were driven into the sea every f***** time. It was a nightmare.

Nothing is worse than the enemy having the pilots with Richthofen-like skills while your team has the "can't-hold-a-piper-alpha-steady" type guys in the cockpits. everyone wants to fly, on one cares about capping flags.

Artying the carrier sure ain't nice, but if your pilots keep the enemy's ground forces that well contained, there is no other place to send arty to...

I need to get myself a joystick, that's for sure...
bobroonie.bda
+143|6683
another reason i love to kill you at your uncapable.  maps that have planes involved get real anoying when you take a flag and no one spawns there cause every asshole and there brothers wants to be a damn pilot. haha. which is fine but with half the team actually fighting and the other half siting waiting for a plane. gives me all the reason to switch teams and go kill you. then i camp your air field as much as possible just so i can hear you complain about it. its uncapable its unfair your a piece of shit haha keep typing, keep waiting for that plane to pop so i can kill you.. guess what asshole if you didnt upset your team by doin nothingthen i  wouldnt have to kill you but since this is the only way i can do it with out getting a TK and getting kicked from server guess what its your turn to die.

https://img.tehsig.com/usr_23194/tpl_0/image.jpg
Mad dawg
+0|6771
Guys in real life if there was a guy infront of u with a gun getting ready to kill you. Do u think u would stand there and wait for him to get ready. I hope u dont cause then ur gana be a dead man. Well its the same way in here. If there is a person infront of u and u have a chance to kill him. KILL HIM. It doesnt matter if he is typing, AFK, spawning or anything else. If u kill the other guy before he kills u, u win. And dont say well this isnt real war. No da but this game is trying to imitate war. And sorry last time i cheaked there wasnt a tea party on D-Day when all the people were comming off those boats. They didnt have time to set up and fight back. So why should we let u set up and fight back when ur playing a game. So for those that beleive that people are noobs when they baserape. Well i could think of a hundred ways anyone that plays this game is a  noob so i wouldnt be talkin about someone else being a noob and "base raping". This topic is getting old already. Can someone jus lock it or something.
jonnykill
The Microwave Man
+235|6681
First off I'd like to say that was one hell of an article . As for cry babies complaining about getting owned and base raped - deal with it . Form a defense squad . Set up ambushes . Make a tactical effort to prevent base raping teams from infiltrating your home base . Remember , you have people like me who base rape for a living Muwahahahahaha - try and stop me !
TheMajorBummer
Have a nice day!
+-4|6827|Netherlands
u already are:  at my server,

u slimey asshat.

counts for all uncap base rape and spawnkill NOOBS!

btw the ip is..

84.244.131.32: 16567

try it and find out.

ooh...its ranked.     ..I..

Last edited by TheMajorBummer (2006-01-16 04:13:20)

B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6843|Cologne, Germany

this here: http://www.game-monitor.com/server-stat … :16567.png ?

it is in holland, so I might just pay you a visit
silentsin
+3|6700
umm but thats just it, it isnt fucking war you dumbass. its a video game, and i hate spawncampers/baserapers/tank and apc whores. i believe they deserve to burn in hell. so basically you guys are saying "I LOVE WASTING 40 MINS TO GET OWNED BY A TANK AND NOT BE ABLE TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT BESIDES GET PISSED AS FUCK!". then your just dumb.
freebirdpat
Base Rapist
+5|6755

silentsin wrote:

umm but thats just it, it isnt fucking war you dumbass. its a video game, and i hate spawncampers/baserapers/tank and apc whores. i believe they deserve to burn in hell. so basically you guys are saying "I LOVE WASTING 40 MINS TO GET OWNED BY A TANK AND NOT BE ABLE TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT BESIDES GET PISSED AS FUCK!". then your just dumb.
Your piping to the wrong people. EA/DICE need to address this issue. I am one of the baserapers that would like baseraping to be taken out of the game.

The problems with baseraping are:

* Spawn points are not randomly placed, they are spots where any player can easily memorize.

* Having one uncapturable with no other spawn points encourages this behavior,

* Vehicles at enemy uncaps encourage going there. Preventing your enemy from getting into armor/jets/helo, and/or taking their vehicles helps your teammates.

Sharqi, and Strike at Karkand have excellent uncap spawn points. Multiple uncaps and or uncaps with alternate spawn points that are far away from the base make it more difficult to spawn camp. USMC always needs a land spawn point though, like I think Zatar Wetlands... its got that big hill in the middle of the map with the attack chopper. USMC only having  the carrier to spawn on encourages base raping, especially when the other team has the bomber. Spawn on deck and below deck of the carrier being your only choice limits movements, the boats are easily killed by air assets, and strafing and bombing the carrier is pretty easy.

Spawn camping is part of pretty much every FPS, and RTS's for that matter, the only way to address it is to address it with rules inside the game engine.
THE_Ted_Chang
+0|6691
One of the reasons spawn camping works so well is that there is little encouragement for players to defend bases. You can sit manning your TOW or AA post watching other players bomb around the table racking up points. Eventually the enemy attack your position and just as you are about to kill one a plane flies in an blows your ass up.

I'm not sure myself how EA would go about encouraging defensive behaviour without awarding points for just sitting around, which would be unsatisfying but probably the only way. Certainly they need to seriously beef up uncappable base defences and have a fully secured spawn point in such bases where defenders could arrive safely.
ChiefCrash
Spawns in front of rockets and bullets
+4|6745
they kinda do, in the form of points for "Defended flag" points.
lcolby
+0|6676
1: The Non-cappable flags have defensive positions. AA, Mounted Machine Guns or TOWS
    This could only logically mean that they may possibly be attacked.
   (Although sometimes it does suck to get into a game half way and not even get to fire a shot before dieing)

2: I don't think one team should have the advantage of a non-capable flag, either both sides or no sides then it would be fair.
Wildbill100372
+1|6686
Too bad they don't have the mobile spawn point like the Viet Cong/NVA had in BFV. That would be cool.
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6707|Antarctica
I love spawn killing, even tho I don't do it much.  Its so fun making the smurfs get mad yet they continue to spawn at the same base over and over and over.  Hey, what would we do without stupid noobs?
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6677|Canberra, AUS

pUBL1c_eN3Ma_No._1 wrote:

I wholeheartedly agree with the poster of this topic. This is war. Your job is to win at all costs (no dorks, I did not say cheat with your latest hack). Morality, ethics and scruples need to always take a distant second in the heat of battle or you will find yourself staring at the re-spawn screen more then your gunsights. Any junior level commander can tell you the effectiveness of cutting off the enemies supply line and mobility. If this translates to you as wreaking hell and havoc where the point of origin is, then consider yourself moderately adept in comprehending a basic law of survival on the battlefield. Second place is the first loser. You want to chat and yuk it up with your buddies, go to IRC. On my battlefield, be prepared to kill or be killed.
In war, fully armed, trained soldiers do not appear near important locations.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
THE_Ted_Chang
+0|6691

ChiefCrash wrote:

they kinda do, in the form of points for "Defended flag" points.
Two points isn't much incentive for a 10 minute wait though...
THE_Ted_Chang
+0|6691

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

I love spawn killing, even tho I don't do it much.  Its so fun making the smurfs get mad yet they continue to spawn at the same base over and over and over.  Hey, what would we do without stupid noobs?
At a guess without stupid noobs the game would die off eventually as EA would deem a lack of ongoing support and look elsewhere...
lcolby
+0|6676

Spark wrote:

I wholeheartedly agree with the poster of this topic. This is war. Your job is to win at all costs (no dorks, I did not say cheat with your latest hack). Morality, ethics and scruples need to always take a distant second in the heat of battle or you will find yourself staring at the re-spawn screen more then your gunsights. Any junior level commander can tell you the effectiveness of cutting off the enemies supply line and mobility. If this translates to you as wreaking hell and havoc where the point of origin is, then consider yourself moderately adept in comprehending a basic law of survival on the battlefield. Second place is the first loser. You want to chat and yuk it up with your buddies, go to IRC. On my battlefield, be prepared to kill or be killed.
In war, fully armed, trained soldiers do not appear near important locations.
Medics don't heal you on the spot and Planes don't rearm by flying over the air field in real combat.
No pun Spark but the game is pretty darn good and hopefully will get better.

It is the best combat simulation to date that is first person that I know of.

It could be better. You want realism play
Rainbow Six which is more realistic but doesn't have all the vehicles.   No spawning period if you want.
you die you wait for 20 minutes plus for a new round to start, that makes for some interesting combat in a game. That would be a nice option in BF2 i think.

Again, they have gun placements at the non cap flags so I am sure it was no surprise to EA that they are getting attacked. I agree work as a team and you wouldn't get into that jam.

It shouldn't be non-cappable, I think  all points should be cappable or at least let both sides have non-caps on all maps.
-=DRACO-Krusty
Deranged Klown
+21|6845|TX

-(PK)-DarkIllusion wrote:

=GK=TATTOOED wrote:

If I am not mistaken this is also called stat padding......not fair play.......racking up points by sitting in someones spawn base doesn't make it fair play!!!!!
u have the option of not spwning there or spwning somwere else...
this sums it up for me.  when i am killing people at a Cappable flag, and the other team has an Uncappable base, and they dont like being killed by me, they need to spawn elsewhere and let my team cap that flag.
EstebanRey
+1|6690

First off, that is the same as saying "fighting is fighting" so hair pulling, biting and scratching are allowed".  In reality you'd be laughed at if you ever fought someone with those cheap tactics and base raping, noob tubing and bunny hopping are the BF2 equivelent.

Moreover,  I don't think you realise the thousands upon thousands of pages on what is acceptable in War.  Have you never heard of "Rules of engagement"?  Then you have the numerous treaties than define the laws of war and if "war was war" and anything goes then there wouldn't be such a thing as the War Crimes Tribunal in The Hague.  Although Generla Pinochet might like this, I don't think most other countries would.  Did you know that the tear gas in SF is actually illegal to use in a real war situation?  Google it for yourself it you want, the Yanks wanted to use it in Iraq but weren't allowed.

BF2 is supposed to represent respectable armies that follow rules of conduct (except the tear gas of course), hence the name MEC instead of Al Queda or Islamic fundamentalists so it is reasonable to assume that we should all follow some un-written rules.

In short, your version of war (with no morals, ethics or rules) is very scary one and one that doesn't exist with any modern, organised Army.

I think the fact this topic is a sticky doesn't bode well for the owners of this site IMO.  To me it's a very dangerous move when you say "Base raping doesn't exist" when quite clearly it does otherwise the term wouldn't have become so popular and no one would ever complain.  Maybe this should have been named "Does base raping exist?".

A lot of people defending it, seem to be avoiding the question of REAL base raping.  Of course if you own all the flags you can attack their only spawn point (providing this isn't right at the start of the round because your PC loads up faster than other peoples), covering spawn points whilst your team take the flag is okay also, but when you're base raping purely because you want to you want a gold freakin' medal or your k:d ratio to look a bit better then it's gay.  When you put points before fun (because base raping is very boring) then you have a problem.  Take Levathian on SF, there was a guy sitting in the water (so he couldn't even be C4'd) about 100m from the flag and there was plenty of captureable flags for him to go for but he sat there for as long as he could killing spawners. 

There is no argument for doing that because he wasn't  helping his team in any way (unless they were actively trying to take the flag on foot and he was picking off enemies but this guy wasn't).  In short, if you are only doing it for cheap points because you think that you are some kind of super skilled player because you got 2nd place and silver star the that is Base Raping, if you're actions are helping your team then it's not (forget tickets, you're doing it for points).  The above example is Base Raping and I don't care what anyone says.......
PeteRoy
+-1|6737|Earth
I "love" those servers that kick you if you attack noncapture enemy main base, I got kicked once in wake island for attacking the carrier when the US had no other flag.
jonnykill
The Microwave Man
+235|6681

EstebanRey wrote:

First off, that is the same as saying "fighting is fighting" so hair pulling, biting and scratching are allowed".  In reality you'd be laughed at if you ever fought someone with those cheap tactics and base raping, noob tubing and bunny hopping are the BF2 equivelent.

Moreover,  I don't think you realise the thousands upon thousands of pages on what is acceptable in War.  Have you never heard of "Rules of engagement"?  Then you have the numerous treaties than define the laws of war and if "war was war" and anything goes then there wouldn't be such a thing as the War Crimes Tribunal in The Hague.  Although Generla Pinochet might like this, I don't think most other countries would.  Did you know that the tear gas in SF is actually illegal to use in a real war situation?  Google it for yourself it you want, the Yanks wanted to use it in Iraq but weren't allowed.

BF2 is supposed to represent respectable armies that follow rules of conduct (except the tear gas of course), hence the name MEC instead of Al Queda or Islamic fundamentalists so it is reasonable to assume that we should all follow some un-written rules.

In short, your version of war (with no morals, ethics or rules) is very scary one and one that doesn't exist with any modern, organised Army.

I think the fact this topic is a sticky doesn't bode well for the owners of this site IMO.  To me it's a very dangerous move when you say "Base raping doesn't exist" when quite clearly it does otherwise the term wouldn't have become so popular and no one would ever complain.  Maybe this should have been named "Does base raping exist?".

A lot of people defending it, seem to be avoiding the question of REAL base raping.  Of course if you own all the flags you can attack their only spawn point (providing this isn't right at the start of the round because your PC loads up faster than other peoples), covering spawn points whilst your team take the flag is okay also, but when you're base raping purely because you want to you want a gold freakin' medal or your k:d ratio to look a bit better then it's gay.  When you put points before fun (because base raping is very boring) then you have a problem.  Take Levathian on SF, there was a guy sitting in the water (so he couldn't even be C4'd) about 100m from the flag and there was plenty of captureable flags for him to go for but he sat there for as long as he could killing spawners. 

There is no argument for doing that because he wasn't  helping his team in any way (unless they were actively trying to take the flag on foot and he was picking off enemies but this guy wasn't).  In short, if you are only doing it for cheap points because you think that you are some kind of super skilled player because you got 2nd place and silver star the that is Base Raping, if you're actions are helping your team then it's not (forget tickets, you're doing it for points).  The above example is Base Raping and I don't care what anyone says.......
You sir are probably the biggest wussy I've ever seen on the internet LMAO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OMFG , this is a game , not real life . So we shouldn't use tear gas in the game because we can't use it in real world combat !?!?! Holy shnikies hahahahahahah !This has to be a joke right ? You got real drunk and wrote this to freak someone out no ? If you are serious and spent the time to write this then you need to " cowboy the fuck up " .

"BF2 is supposed to represent respectable armies that follow rules of conduct "

LOL ! Question : where do you buy your crack and how much do you smoke daily ?

" To me it's a very dangerous move when you say "Base raping doesn't exist" when quite clearly it does otherwise the term wouldn't have become so popular and no one would ever complain.  Maybe this should have been named "Does base raping exist?".
"

The term became "popular" becuase it's fun to do , requires skill pull off . This particular post is about complaining lil wussies like you . Try playing doom 1 .

"The above example is Base Raping and I don't care what anyone says....."

Yep , you'r right . Thing is are you skilled enough to deal with that situation and come out on top ???
I've been in too many base rape situations . Happenes EVERY time I play . So what I'm getting base raped ? Go medic and rack up a ton of points . Go Enginner and fix all your stuff . Go support and gets points . But please don't waste precious spce\bandwith on the internet with weak assed whining . You gotta be kidding me . Think about it . If I'm on Karkand and got a full jeep and make it past 3 guys with anti-tank , the enemy tank , jeeps and land mines , make it all the way to thier base and take everything out and cap the flag - I'm the fucking man ! So what do you want me to do next ? Fix all your stuff and commit suicide ? LMAO ! Before I do I'll meet you by the docks and sign a peace treaty and give you some land rights in Dragon Vally hahahahahahahahah ! Weak .

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard