CL_Crusader
=CL=_Crusader [M95] His leg
+3|6746|Austria
By the way. If you think the explosives badge is ridiculous, what do you think about the TOW badge. I mean, the basic is easy to get, the vet already required 15 h in a TOW and i dont dare to even ask for the requs of the expert badge. I think this stupid TOW badge is the most ridculous of all.
LockerFish
+47|6720
I think they do have a not-un-reasonable reason to not complain, but voice their opinion about this. When EA made this game they probably weren't thinking abotu such tactics that have been developed by the hardcore(nerdy) gamers out there that play every stinking minute of their life. Some reqs might have to be altered with future patches or whatever to compensate for these type of things.
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6772|06-01
damn i feel useless now.... all you guys go on about how you have the vet or expert badges.
i don't even have the bloody basic!

after reading this thread, i'm gonna try again later.....

Last edited by tthf (2005-12-17 19:03:49)

CL_Crusader
+3|6746|Austria

tthf wrote:

damn i feel useless now.... all you guys go on about how you have the vet or expert badges.
i don't even have the bloody basic!

after reading this thread, i'm gonna try again later.....
basic isnt that hard. Ether lay c4 on a captured flag that is likely to be retaken and blow them up when the flag gets white again or just try to stick your c4 on a jeep, switch to detonator, get into the jeep and ramm something which names red, get out of jeep, use detonator. Jihad jeeping. But pleas use this tactic (if its even a tactic) only for the basic since 5 kills are made rather fast. Otherwise, if you stick to this tactic, youll be pissing many people off.

Ok guys, I now go for the expert. wish me good luck and good blowing.

Last edited by CL_Crusader (2005-12-17 20:30:17)

Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6766|Toronto, ON
I would have to say that Expert badge is the hardest badge in the game to achieve skillwise.
Alpha as fuck.
TehMyke
8======D
+343|6724
Easy way to get to get the explosive badges would be to search for a server called Bamboo Commandos as they have FF off witch means you can just go at it, no tk's no suicides. just bunny hop like a mother and go crazy on karkand or sharqi.
ยป You guys are all old and wrinkly now, GG... | Steam | teHmyke.com | YouTube
idiotofwar
Jet Rammer
+4|6741|Debris From Space
I only have veteran. I don't think I will ever get an expert badge for anything. There is no way to get expert knife without stats padding.

Last edited by idiotofwar (2005-12-18 07:27:35)

notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6761|The United Center

idiotofwar wrote:

I only have veteran. I don't think I will ever get an expert badge for anything. There is no way to get expert knife without stats padding.
lies.

expert knife was actually one of my easier badges to get.  im not even that good with the knife either.  just wait around corners and be sneaky (i.e. take the long way to CPs where the other team won't expect you to be).  before i got expert knife i thought it was tough, but looking back on it...it was really easy.

expert explosives...thats a different story.  its probably the hardest badge/medal/ribbon ive earned.  i was working on it for about a month until i finally got it yesterday.  before the round started i actually warned everyone i was going for it and id be c4 whoring.  i apologized in advance for any TKs and team damage and told them if i did, it was entirely accidental.  my team was really good...a guy created a squad and invited me to it where there was a support guy and a medic so i was always being resupplied and healed.  by the end, the other team was getting pretty upset, but admitted that once i got 37, they were pretty jealous.

ive noticed that the badges/ribbons/medals only seem tough until you get them.  once you get them it almost seems as though you could do it again without trying.
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6723|th3 unkn0wn
Why is everybody moaning about the Explosives Badge? It's piss easy. I regularly get past the Veteran criteria on a packed 64 Karkand server and I've already passed the Expert mark at least half a dozen times by now. All you need to do is know how to throw a pack of C4 over fences whilst detonating it a fraction of a second later and also lay C4 around certain alleys where there is a lot of enemy activity.

I actually got my Good Conduct medal with nothing but C4 kills which wos quite unexpected cos I hadn't been aiming for that medal. The funny thing wos that just as I received the Good Conduct medal I accidentally tk'ed someone, lol.

Using jeeps packed with C4 is lame to be honest. You're unlikely to take out a whole squad with such tactics while tanks and apcs seem to usually have only one occupant i.e. the driver, so is it really worth the time and effort to drive around in a mobile bomb?

If anybody here is from Europe and still trying to get their Explosives badge then try out one of the Heroes Must Conquer servers. There's one running Karkand all the time and there aren't any votes nor punishments enabled though if you accidentally kill too many team-mates and have a minus score of over 10 or something you will be given a temp ban.

The one badge I'd moan about is Repair badge. Getting 10 repair points IAR is difficult and that's ONLY for veteran. I doubt anyone who's got the Expert repair has got it legitimately. It takes forever to get just one measly repair point so how on earth do they get enough for the Expert Repair Badge in JUST ONE ROUND?!?!?

Last edited by {HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy (2005-12-18 08:14:21)

divided
Clear!
+3|6787
expert explosives is not hard to get
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6824|Marathon, Florida Keys

divided wrote:

expert explosives is not hard to get
Ya right.........

I dont see how basic or veteran  is that hard, when i was trying for my expert, i would always get about 30 kills each round.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6761|The United Center
no, ill admit, its a tough one...but i wouldnt want it to be easy.  once you get it, its something to be even more proud of.

anyone who wants to get it though, get it before the new patch comes out.  once its out, you wont be able to toss c4 over walls...youll have to place it somewhere, then run away.
miancourse69
+33|6741|wales. uk
the basic explosive and basic knife are totally my bogey badges put all i can say is perseverance!! they will come in the end
https://bf2s.com/player/45631738/sig5.png
https://bf2s.com/player/45631738/awards.jpg
https://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c38/maincourse69/knifecombatwithadifference.jpghttps://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c38/maincourse69/Special_Forces_.jpg
CL_Crusader
+3|6746|Austria

{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy wrote:

The one badge I'd moan about is Repair badge. Getting 10 repair points IAR is difficult and that's ONLY for veteran. I doubt anyone who's got the Expert repair has got it legitimately. It takes forever to get just one measly repair point so how on earth do they get enough for the Expert Repair Badge in JUST ONE ROUND?!?!?
Ive got mine driving around like crazy in a humvee. Drive around the whole map in karkand and you will find lots of damged unused vehicles. Get out of your humvee and reapair them from the inside. Also dont use roads but drive on bumpy places. Jump off cliffs. That will get your Humvee damaged. Repair it from the inside. Look where your tanks and APCs are at the moment. They will get damaged all the time, so stop by often to repair them. I had to try this in about 4-5 rounds to get the vet repair, but when I had it, i was so happy that I could stop beeing a engineer. You know, close quarter battles with all those grenade launcher using bunnyhoppers aint so funny.
CL_Crusader
+3|6746|Austria

{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy wrote:

Using jeeps packed with C4 is lame to be honest. You're unlikely to take out a whole squad with such tactics while tanks and apcs seem to usually have only one occupant i.e. the driver, so is it really worth the time and effort to drive around in a mobile bomb?
Oh I agree, it is lame as a tactic. But I got about 32 kills when I used it one time. Also I liked the fear of the enemy, when they saw my vodnik commin. Like "Oh my god, its him again. Whom will he hit next?" And then they ran into all directions and got killed by a passing APC or something. Also the tankdrivers that hit full throttle backwards when they miss their shot and get stuck in something like a road sign. You nearly can see their fear. Allthough these things were quite amusing Im not repeating the use of Jihad Jeeping again since it is lame and it will piss many people off.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6789|Noizyland

I believe EA reasons that, with one bullet you can take out one person, with one C4 block you can take out several, thus the higher number of kills needed to achieve the explosives badges.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
-=pM|B1zzY=-
+0|6843|Germany
i love ramming with a jihad jeep !!! its much fun but u get many suicides so i do it only when i try to get the next level of the badge.... still trying sometimes to get the vet badge but its very hard. i will use ur tip to c4 hotel point at karkand  thx
Aquastorm
Last of the Uchiha
+4|6727|Hong Kong, China
I'm gonna try for it tomrrow..but C4 hopping is pretty lame and worst than GL hopping.....
[FIS]-Thor
+0|6758|Vienna- Austria
if it wasnt fot that glitch that everytime i want to blow up my c4 it changes back to the charge instead of detonator i would got more kills..

run up behind a tank plant c4 change to detonator.. run want to blow it .. press left mouse.. what happens?... it changes back to teh charges without blowing one up.. and before i can try switching again i got blow up by a tank.. exactely that tank i was trying to blow..

the veteran is insanely hard to get.. and i dont even try to get expert yet.. because i know i just get frustrated at trying it.
CL_Crusader
+3|6746|Austria
Yah, that glitch is driving me insane. When ever Im followed by an enemy I want to blow up with c4 I lay one package on the ground, run, try to switch then it automatically switches back, I throw one mor package incidently and then I blow myself up by accident. So other people are experiencing this too. And I thought my mouse was a piece of crap.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6728|Purplicious Wisconsin
The only two ways to disarm c4 without picking the planter's specops kit is: shoot those c4 with a shotgun and using things that explode(easiest way is just to use the secondary of a hand grenade with one click(don't hold down the secondary button).
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
IKICKURASS
+0|6659|Austin Texas
yeah just got my basic explosive badge using claymores on Karkand. With friendly fire off, you can rule that map, if you are on the MEC side. Just Place claymores in the maze of alley ways on the way to the flag. As long as you keep getting resupplied by support guys you can easily get basic that way. Even if you die, the claymores will be there for a brief period.
glopje_nl
+21|6685|HOLLAND
explosive badge is a badge u need to have skill for and that is good cuz it aint fun to get a badge and u only need to make just 5 kill or something for it  feels much better to have a badge that most peeps dont have
Gilgalad
Renaissance Soldier
+2|6792|Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Nice job reviving a 2 month dead thread there...

There are plenty of players who have gotten expert so that it can't be called impossible, it just takes an 'expert' player with the right circumstances to pull it off.

PLEASE NOBODY ELSE POST AND SIMPLY LET THIS DIE!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard