maton
LAZY ZOMBIE
+-4|6778
play the whole round killing people with c4, is not even fun and at the end what you get?
kicked from the server (banned)
insulted saying that you are an a$$
i have been trying the last couple of weeks to the  get vet explosives badge and the round ends when i have 21 kills with c4, but by that moment i have been insulted and warned of being kicke if i don't stop "ramming" which they call when you park your car with c4 next to them and you blow them away, and sometimes you kill your self because you are injured
people get ofended even if you put explosive next to them
so why we have to kill all those people in one round to get that badge?
it would have been easier if ea give you the d*** badge, at your 1000 kills with explosives or whatever number of kills
yes my topic is childish, but is just ridiculous see people jumping with c4
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6766|Cambridge (UK)
Agreed - even the basic explosive badge is difficult to achieve unless you use tactics like ramming.

For me it just ruins the game - yes ramming is valid tactic and no it's not big and it's not clever when all you do is drive round in a c4-packed jeep running into tanks just to score your explosive badge!
Ryan
+1,230|6843|Alberta, Canada

well its ridiculous for 13 kills, let alone like what 24 in one round? they should make it like this:
Basic: 5 kills IAR
Vet: 10 kills IAR, 50 global kills (with C4/Claymores/AT Mines)
Expert: 15 kills IAR, 100 global kills (with C4/Claymores/AT Mines)
MattCicioni
+1|6829|Arizona
Yea, that badge is hard to get.  I got the vet two nights ago.  People on the server got mad at first, but then when I explained I was going for the badge, they didn't seem to mind as much.  It was a 64 player map with only about 18 players.  It was nice.  Wake Island I believe.
-Matt
Ryan
+1,230|6843|Alberta, Canada

matt, did u drive around with car bombs or not? thats kinda hard on wake island since its roads are very skinny, but its possible
Israfael
+1|6795
I didn't "ram" once to get expert.  I think I ended up with 42 kills with c4 alone that round.  You just have to find inventive ways to kill ppl with explosives.  I also kinda like how high they set the standards on the expert badges.  You really do have to be an expert to get them.  Defeats the purpose if they are easy to get.
maton
LAZY ZOMBIE
+-4|6778
i don't mind kill people with c4, but i don't enjoy it and also people always complains abouth that,( they say you are hacker, a$$ or whatever they call you) or they star votekicks or the admis is warning yout hat if you kill youself, you will be banned
that sux
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6763

i love using C4, and i suck at ramming. I do corner traps. I go find someone, shoot them downa  bit, run behind reloading, switch to C4, plant one, run back, fire a bit more, get the guy to come and BOOM.

either that or if i see 4-5 people i have no m203 but i have C4.
Crypto_420
+25|6843|Portland
Let me give you sone advice,  Karkand 64/64 players.   I have been trying for the expert badge for awhile,  closes I have came is 36 kills before out of time.

Practice makes perfict.   I earned my good conduct medal during a time I was tring for the Expert.  27 c4 kills with no team kills or damage is harder than it sounds.  Just so happened I was over 250hours of game play at the time. 

I have killed 12 people with one c4 before,  afterwards I was called a c4 whore.....lol

Crypto_420

https://bf2s.com/player/37246377/sig.png
https://bf2s.com/player/37246377/sig5.png
https://bf2s.com/player/37246377/sig3.png
https://bf2s.com/player/37246377/awards.jpg
Lazarus Tag'lim
Have Wrench, Will Travel
+1|6781|Alabama Coast, USA
I got my basic C4'ing friendly flags in Dragon Valley.  5 packs on the base of the flagpole, hide, as soon as it turns white, hit the switch, re-cap the flag, call for a supply crate.  Don't remember which server, but it had a nice "Anything goes" message, which included C4'ing flags.

The few times I tried to hide, but keep an eye on the flag so I could pop it sooner for the Flag Defends, they always saw me, and got me first.  I'm thinking the enemy CO was lighting me up... but they wanted to take the flag, and as long as they couldn't see me, they were content with taking the flag first, then coming to look for me (which of course, doesn't work if the guy's holding a C4 trigger, and you're hugging his packs).
Israfael
+1|6795
Just had my best round with c4 ever, with 48 iar.  And, a new recommendation: go USMC and keep the MEC spawning at the hotel point somehow.  Way I did it was order my squadmembers to take square and flank them.  Threw c4 down every alleyway I could, there was always someone there.  Also keep in mind all these badges are easy to do if your team owns.  Everytime I am on a team that is getting creamed I notice one similarity, congregation near spawn points for fear of....everything.  Use that to your advantage when going for a tough badge.
The_Time
+-2|6792|California
i got all three IAR like an hourt ago in this room 70.86.12.58, i was jihad jeeping the whole time and there was 2 admins in there and they didnt say anything.The only person that had a problem was this guy that ket calling me an idiot and a noob it was hilarious, so i told him id be going for him i killoed that guy like 10-12 that round he was so pissed . anyways it was dragon valley with like 20/64 server.

Edit: guess i was a little excited had to say something

Last edited by The_Time (2005-10-31 12:14:53)

maton
LAZY ZOMBIE
+-4|6778
nice^
well i'll have to practice a little bit more
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6763

Israfael wrote:

Just had my best round with c4 ever, with 48 iar.  And, a new recommendation: go USMC and keep the MEC spawning at the hotel point somehow.  Way I did it was order my squadmembers to take square and flank them.  Threw c4 down every alleyway I could, there was always someone there.  Also keep in mind all these badges are easy to do if your team owns.  Everytime I am on a team that is getting creamed I notice one similarity, congregation near spawn points for fear of....everything.  Use that to your advantage when going for a tough badge.
actually i found Market to be a lot easier for C4 kills, because they don't see you as often.
McPwned
Canadian Ops
+0|6843|Canada
The next award I'm going to try to get is my Vet Explosives.  Car bombing worked for me (on Kubra Dam) to get my basic, but I think I'm going to try the Karkand method for my Vet.
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6771|AUS, Canberra
i just got my basic tonight, first time iv acctually tried, mixed it up with car bombs and on foot, ended up with 16 kills, vet seems so far out of my reach!!!
Cyjoki
Veni, Vidi, Vici
+0|6763|Nebraska, United States
Im going to try for my basic tonight. Im probably just going to use C4 only on Karkand and Jihad Jeep/Footbomber the hell out of everything.

and also. Yo heart. Whadup.
maton
LAZY ZOMBIE
+-4|6778
i don't know but i still feel the vet explosive too hard, i feel the expert knife ( got it at first try, in a 32 size map on karkan) badge a lot easier compared to the vet explosives.
I WANT THAT BADGE!
midgetspy
+3|6828
Expert explosives took 5 tries on a Karkand only server... and I had kills to spare (49 IAR). It's definitely not the impossibility you guys are making it out to be.

Nic
maton
LAZY ZOMBIE
+-4|6778
midget can i borrow some of those kills
Bravery
+-1|6770
You're really a complete newb if you don't know how to use C4. Sprint toss, fast detonate... Learn it, Love it, Use it.
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6841|Missoula, MT
I think I have a C4'ing disability... 
stef
+-6|6749
which dumn server said that you would be kicked. I got the expert and i have never been warned about kicked/ or banned.
maton
LAZY ZOMBIE
+-4|6778
ahhh well i was warned in like 3 servers, c4 killing i don't enjoy it  maybe is because the switching to the detonator
EcLiPsE#14
+0|6823
you guyz are just crap...bitch, bitch, complain, complain, whine, whine...EA made the requirements this way and thats how they are going to be...they wouldn't put them on if they weren't achievable so stop ur complaining...who cares what other ppl say when u use c4...find another server if admin's giving u sh*t and threaten to kick u...kick votes never go through anyway so get over it...and jihading with c4 (car bombing whether suicide or not) is crap...get them the legit way...jump toss switch run detonate...it'll take heaps of time to get use to...from previous requirments of 700 overall kills i didn't get it til about 1400 kills and im not complaining so shut the f*k up...its really not that hard...t/k's,suicides, punishes here and there but thats just the game...

EcLiPsE#14

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard