Bravery
+-1|6775
Point of Existance had this on one of the infranty only maps, think there was maybe some hummers and other types of those car type vehicles, but it was an uncapturable spawn point that just flew over the map and you jumped out from the back, and parachuted down to the battlefield.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6849|Bryan/College Station, TX
I only wish EA/Dice would adopt some of the best Mods as official ranked maps. We could only hope.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
alexace
+0|6762|Roanoke, VA
yea me too we need some more maps and SINGLE PLAYER THATS NOT ABSOLUTE CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6787

yes, would solve the problem of spawn rape but would open up the problem of making it way to easy to cap enemy bases.  i mean you can drop right on top of it with no problem or effort...kind of eliminate the strategy of base capping...

otherwise i do find the idea interesting.
Lawk
+2|6779
I used to play on a DC server that had this. Map was Lost Village and there was a rotating spawn point, but there was no aircraft.
:]-[: El_Shiznit
+3|6754|Florida
I remember this.  And I'm pretty sure it was in the Secret Weapons expansion for BF1942.  I really liked the idea.  Like others said, very strong, but not invulnerable.  No one flying so you wouldn't get a moron to crash it into the hillside killing half your team.  Also, limiting it's movement to a specific area is best.  It would suck if it flew over the enemy main.  All the vehicles would be stolen, assets destroyed, and base rape all in one swift movement.
buzz4god
+0|6755
i still remember the huge plane you could get in bf1942, flying that thing was fun but almost pointless.
The Soup Nazi
+18|6792|North Lauderdale, FL
i think it was in Market Garden (vanilla BF1942) where there was a spawn point in the air for US troops.  US troops could only use the air spawn while the closest CP belonged to the US.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard