~Solar~Fire~
+45|6678|Austin, TX
If I am standing next to a supply crate sometimes the healing or ammo sound effects won't stop, even after I'm away from the crate or dead. I health or ammo will be completely replenished and the indicator icons will be gone, but the sound keeps going. Its especially a pain in the ass to have the ammo sound continously playing every 2 seconds. I've noticed it even before the 1.3 patch. Has anyone else had problems with this?
JON.ANTONSSON
+51|6722|Sweden
Absolutly every round this problem appears.
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6608|Florida
Does it to me too sometimes, also when someone fires sometimes even after they stop shooting it still sounds like they are shooting.....best thing I can do is just go away from them so I dont have to listen to it lol.
G3|Genius
Pope of BF2s
+355|6656|Sea to globally-cooled sea
It's happened to me with the artillery sound.  The ENTIRE round.  It's also happened with ammo, but that's tolerable.  the arty is just SO LOUD.  I had to quit.
G3|Genius
Pope of BF2s
+355|6656|Sea to globally-cooled sea

{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank wrote:

Does it to me too sometimes, also when someone fires sometimes even after they stop shooting it still sounds like they are shooting.....best thing I can do is just go away from them so I dont have to listen to it lol.
the point is, the sound follows you.  You can't escape it.  It's an error...a perpetual loop of the sound for the entire round, no matter where you go.
[TP~Bravo]Wiggy
Failure By Design
+39|6576|Cardiff, Wales, Uk.

G3|Genius wrote:

the point is, the sound follows you.  You can't escape it.  It's an error...a perpetual loop of the sound for the entire round, no matter where you go.
Ive had it where its the person keeps making the firing sound, you can go away and the sound stops so must be a problem his side or something.
Onaga
+9|6536
Sometimes my PKM's sound keeps going for the whole round.
Everybody will hear, no matter where I go.
Thats nasty.
~Solar~Fire~
+45|6678|Austin, TX
Yeah I've also heard the gunshots too, forgot about them.
Poet
Meatbag.
+65|6597|Where I don't know where I am.

[TP~Bravo]Wiggy wrote:

Ive had it where its the person keeps making the firing sound, you can go away and the sound stops so must be a problem his side or something.
No, from a coding perspective they are the same issue.  The only difference is with the Ammo sound effect it's origin is essentially in your ears, i.e. The support guy doesn't make the sound, it just plays.
The firing sound effect has it's origin on the player that was firing.  Hence if you move away from him, the sound is still playing, you jsut can't hear it.

I think when you get far enough away and you can't hear it anymore, the sound is unqueued, so when you return it needs to be called again (i.e. player needs to fire) in order to play.

I also have this.  It is annoying, much like loud children.
david363
Crotch fires and you: the untold story
+314|6769|Comber, Northern Ireland
i sometimes get this but it is only the sound of the medic first aid, even when i die the noise still continues
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6608|Florida

G3|Genius wrote:

Had this happened 2 nights ago, I get away from the guy the sound quits, I get near him, I can hear it again.  Actually knew where he was most of the time because I could hear him around the corner and down roads lol.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard