MaKaToM
+6|6533
i bought special forces second hand today, so i was a bit skeptical as to whether or not it would work...

I have installed it

Patched it to 1.3

and it works fine...

But my normal BF2 stats haven't updated to show that i have the expansion, nor have i been allowed the 3 unlocks that i am owed...

im not bothered about the unlocks or stats, i just want my copy of the game to work how it should...

So my question is...

Do you have to wait a day or so before the server registers that you have the expansion and then your BFHQ will change to show this...or is my copy nackered?

immediatly after installation, a small box with a blue background (and music i think) appeared asking me to register the game with EA. it said something along the lines of:-

'Get 1 free cheat code for your game when you register'
'get all the information you need, free'
'REGISTER WITH EA NOW!!!'
'Register Now' or 'Register Later'

I clicked register later....but do i have to register for the game to work how it should....or is that just crap like i though?

MaK

I couldn't find a post about this...i HAVE SEARCHED...

But stay true to tradition and give a fellow BF2 player, that just needs advice bad karma if you want...
rootbeer73
+24|6604|in a small dark place
i didnt register with ea or gamespy and mine works
ridetohell
+10|6614
I have never registerd any of my EA games and they all run fine
Delta_38DS
Self Proclaimed A10 Whore
+27|6583
You don't ever have to register, but it could be usefull in the future.  For example, when I had to reinstall after my harddrive crashed, I lost my SF key.  Instead of giving ea 10 dollars to send me a new one, I could just go to my games under my profile at ea.com to find the key, because i registered.
_NL_Lt.EngineerFox
Big Mouth Prick
+219|6550|Golf 1.8 GTI Wolfsburg Edition
I patched my BF2SF to 1.3 but i have some kind of shaders probs
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6788|Human Meat Shield
re-patch FULL 1.sucking 3.

New recruits for SF eh?? Welcome. Remember there isn't any Karkand noobness here. It requires skill to play SF.. Are you ready for it?

Repatch for shaders, member had the same prob.

Last edited by imdead (2006-07-08 05:03:13)

MaKaToM
+6|6533
Right....its working fine....just had a quick go.....got a SF engineer badge....wow! lmao

It's given me 4 unlocks.....but the flashbang grenades aren't in the list for some reason....and i KNOW you can unlock them for use in normal BF2...

So how is this done?

Guessing you cant unlock tear gas for use in normal BF2?

MaK
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6788|Human Meat Shield

MaKaToM wrote:

Right....its working fine....just had a quick go.....got a SF engineer badge....wow! lmao

It's given me 4 unlocks.....but the flashbang grenades aren't in the list for some reason....and i KNOW you can unlock them for use in normal BF2...

So how is this done?

Guessing you cant unlock tear gas for use in normal BF2?

MaK
JUst Unlock the F2000...you'll get your nub flashbangs- but be forewarned, the skillful players dont use them unless around a corner - they shoot you if you use them otherwise.
Mustang99
+9|6543

MaKaToM wrote:

'Get 1 free cheat code for your game when you register'
somnething right there alone is fishey to me because i cheat in SP ONLY i freakin hate online cheaters. and i know how easy it is to get free codes......
Kuban_Khaos
+2|6643|Menifee, Ca, 92584
For one thing, when you get the bf2: special forces you get 2 unlocks not 3 or 4 or 5, thats ridiculous. And, in order to get these unlocks you do have to have the game to work. All you have to do is PLAY ONE ROUND, and kill at least ONE PERSON. When the round is complete. Wait at least 12 hours for the server to update. Then log in BACK to Bf2 and it will prompt you to select 2 new unlocks and even the new SP unlocks( That is if you unlocked the unlock before the SP unlock ; ) )

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard