[Ahazi] Kaika
The Suicidal Soldier
+3|6761
Ok, so I was the MEC chopper gunner on Sharqi Peninsula, and the only base that the USMC had at the time was the TV station.  So, in order to provide suppressing fire for the ground troops trying to assault the outpost, I start shooting nonstop at anything that moved and didn't have a blue/green tag over it.  Especially on top of the tv station, at the helipad.  Twas quite the slaughter.  I got over 30 kills that round, and somewhere along the line, somebody (USMC side) said "Kaika is baseraping, ban him."  Now I must stress that we did not simply bomb the tv station regardless of other places that the USMC troops were.  We just killed people wherever we saw them, and once they started getting other bases, we flew around the map bombing all of them.  Were we really baseraping when we were circling the only base they had and hitting them with the autocannon and rockets?
Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6820
You my friend, are a rapist.
[Ahazi] Kaika
The Suicidal Soldier
+3|6761

Ryan_Mercury wrote:

You my friend, are a rapist.
But I was drunk!!

Uhh....are we talking about the same thing?

J/k, but that's kind of sad, I mean the pilot was ok, but not skilled enough to hover and cap the outpost....I didn't mean to base rape, I only wanted the chopper ribbon.....

Last edited by [Ahazi] Kaika (2005-10-27 08:40:31)

dsb
+0|6777
Technically, yes it's base raping.  The things is, what are you supposed to do...back off and let them make there way out and start capping spawns again?  The MEC objective on Sharqi is to take all points.  Why wouldn't you keep hammering at it?

I've been on a side that's been base raped before, and while it's really annoying and frustrating, I can't get with the idea that the other side should just let us take stuff back without a fight.
[Ahazi] Kaika
The Suicidal Soldier
+3|6761

dsb wrote:

Technically, yes it's base raping.  The things is, what are you supposed to do...back off and let them make there way out and start capping spawns again?  The MEC objective on Sharqi is to take all points.  Why wouldn't you keep hammering at it?

I've been on a side that's been base raped before, and while it's really annoying and frustrating, I can't get with the idea that the other side should just let us take stuff back without a fight.
Yea, see in my mind, it was like when you're called a camper for defending your vital objectives.
fizz85
+1|6790|Voice of reason
Speaking of Raping....

The most retarded base raping I was a part of was on Sharqi. I was MEC Commander... as you know there are the non cappable bases. But my guys kept spawing at the middle one and getting raping by the stolen t90 and every other vehicle of ours and theirs.

If you were and intelligent person you might say... Let me spawn as AT not all snipers or OMG lets spawn at another base like the commander he has not been killed once this round and is at the other base. Of course none of the people were in squads and would not listen to me.

But anyway that was my worst gameplay experiance as commander and a player. We got raped cuz the people were just so stupid. It is sad but that is the fun of BF2 you meet dumber and dumber people everyday. You think it might be a challenge to find stupid people but... I guess they are everywhere.

Last edited by fizz85 (2005-10-27 08:43:14)

dsb
+0|6777
Yeah it sucks when you get on a team that is just useless.  Me and some friends got on a server and formed a squad.  We were like the only squad trying to do anything.  Needless to say, we got spanked pretty good.
[Ahazi] Kaika
The Suicidal Soldier
+3|6761

fizz85 wrote:

Speaking of Raping....

The most retarded base raping I was a part of was on Sharqi. I was MEC Commander... as you know there are the non cappable bases. But my guys kept spawing at the middle one and getting raping by the stolen t90 and every other vehicle of ours and theirs.

If you were and intelligent person you might say... Let me spawn as AT not all snipers or OMG lets spawn at another base like the commander he has not been killed once this round and is at the other base. Of course none of the people were in squads and would not listen to me.

But anyway that was my worst gameplay experiance as commander and a player. We got raped cuz the people were just so stupid. It is sad but that is the fun of BF2 you meet dumber and dumber people everyday. You think it might be a challenge to find stupid people but... I guess they are everywhere.
Here's my story of somebody like that, couple days ago.
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=3210
Wadoki
+1|6757
I say no.  I don't really think it is possible to base rape on a game where the goal is to completely take the area.  I think people should stop bitching about it.  On Black Hawk Down where there was an actual "Base" where everyone spawned from, yes it is possible to be raped.  That's my two cents
jongje
+0|6787
In my opinion, its only baserape if its an uncappable base!
(like the carrier or any other base with the red circle around it)
dsb
+0|6777
Wadoki, who is the chick in your sig and are there more pics somewhere?
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6841|Cologne, Germany

well, actually I'd say you weren't base-raping because the TV-station is not a uncappable base. it is a normal CP, and there is no reason not to provide covering fire with the heli while the grunts move in. that's what helis are there for after all...
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6782

that's not baseraping.  a vehicle should usually attack from a distance cause they are way to exposed once they get close to a flag.  if he had gotten close he would have been downed within 20 seconds, not enough time to cap the flag.  so why should he essentially commit suicide and try to cap the flag in a vehicle when, as he said, he could supply covering fire for foot soldiers?  is he happens to kill a guy as he spawns, that's life.  what is he supposed to do?  wait 5 seconds and then shoot at him!!?!?

really same goes for tank and apcs.  it isn't to smart to rush into an outpost and try to cap a flag...you'll be a c4 sandwich withing seconds.  instead you should pound the base from a safe distance (if some want to call it base-raping so be it) until foot soldiers arrive to take the flag.  no need to die and lose an armor unit!  its really standard tactics, don't see what is wrong with it.
dsb
+0|6777
basically it seems like one guy got sick of being on a team that couldn't hold the peninsula and chose you as his scapegoat...it happens.  Just be glad he wasn't an admin
<eN>Madcat
+2|6841
i suggest you still provide pressure, but back off behind the walls of the tv station. Just let them spawn without having an enemy in sight or a tank right behind them.  Because wtf are you supposed to do???  Wait for them to get flags and win???  Speaking... I suppose all bases chould be cappable.
dsb
+0|6777

<eN>Madcat wrote:

Speaking... I suppose all bases chould be cappable.
Yeah I'm not sure I really understand the reason for an uncappable flag, especially on a map where only one team has one.  If the team with the uncappable is pinned into its one uncappable flag, that sort of just prolongs the base-raping doesn't it...
Rosse_modest
+76|6776|Antwerp, Flanders
1. I wouldn't call it baseraping because it's a cap cp and was the last CP left for the enemy.

dsb wrote:

Wadoki, who is the chick in your sig and are there more pics somewhere?
Yes, who is that?
fizz85
+1|6790|Voice of reason
Yea my point was more of the... how can people be so retarded to be raped when they shouldn't have been.
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6848|San Francisco

B.Schuss wrote:

well, actually I'd say you weren't base-raping because the TV-station is not a uncappable base. it is a normal CP, and there is no reason not to provide covering fire with the heli while the grunts move in. that's what helis are there for after all...
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6771|AUS, Canberra
not base raping at all in my veiw, the point of the game is to rape there bases, capturing it while doing so.
pinky_81
+1|6790|Denmark
Yesterday at Kubra Dam I was a lone USMC medic on foot (Entered the server in the middle of a game). The Mec had the first CP (the one under the bridge) but all my team mates where scattered across the map - I shot the same AT guy with my L85A1 4-5 times from up the bridge because I was alone and he kept spawning (sometimes with another player too)... Actually I owned him a bit, but he started blowing my transport into flames!!

Was I camping for the 2-3 minutes? A little...
Could I take the CP alone? Nope - not likely...
I actually took an AA vehicle and drove away just before he typed "STOP - So I can get away" (Just ignored him but should have said "Stop Spawning - So I can get in")

It's always frustrating to recieve death but it is a game - I can take it myself unless I'm on an Uncappable Base...
dan500
+57|6847
I dont think it is, thats like saying, dont kill anyone at a flag your team is trying to take, if i take the square outpost on karkand in a tank, as soon as anything moves i kill it, if it moves, you can kill it.
mjw
The All Rounder
+22|6759|Rotherham, England
In my opinion, the only way you can be base raping is to attack uncappable cp's when there are stil other cp's that your team hasn't got control of. I was on a gulf of oman server the other day and the MEC team had all the cp's, so we all decided to defend the beach and go for the carrier. I was a gunner in chopper and i peppered the carrier for a while, only to get kicked by an admin for "base-raping".
For one im only the gunner so how the hell can i get kicked when i have no control over where the chopper goes, and secondly how is it raping when we have all the flags, what do they want us to do, just sit there and let them restore their air support and come and bomb the hell out of us, with planes and the like, meanwhile while their boats and transport choppers sneak by and cap bases, wats the point in that??
If you imagine this was a real life situation and one side completely controled an area, thgey wouldn't just sit there waiting to get killed would they, think about its common sense.
Guruz
Sir
+20|6838|government yard in trenchtown.
I still think it becomes baseraping when you continously kill people in their UNCAPPABLE base
or
You "rape" spawning enemies while you don't even TRY to get the nearby flag.
Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6820
Raaaaaaaaaaaapppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard