Poll

Jalalabad vs Karkand

Jalalabad59%59% - 195
Karkand40%40% - 131
Total: 326
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6667|Brisbane, Australia

Well, theres been rumors about it and they have finally been proven true by the latest patch, Im talking about the map Road To Jalalabad, or as I prefer to pronounce it, jalallalalalallalalaaablad

Anyway, some of the dice employies, in interviews have been saying that Jalalabad is set to rival karkand, Im creating this poll to see our true opinion on that statement

Please, only vote if you have played RTJ a decent ammount and gotten a feel for it, dont null your vote yet either, go try out patch 1.4 [Make sure you read the Read Me, unless you like spending 1.5+ Hours installing BF2 again]

Post your opinions on Jalalabad aswell
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6704
There is nothing new in Jalalabad. They didn't even bother changing the color of the buildings to make it match it the terrain some more. I am very un-impressed.
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6780|Human Meat Shield
No..there is only ONE Karkand. And if you've noticed its like herding cats for people to leave that map. Basically Jahalalalalalalalala is like a Mashtuur imho, you don't see people flocking to that, even though I think Mashtuur is 10X better. People like Karkand because of the closeness of the first flag, thats it. In that first flag you get massive nade lobbing, pkm camping, tank can just sit in one place and not move.

Why did I love it at first? Because thats where everyone was and I made friends there. Warlord is begining to get the Karkand stragglers unfortunately, but Warlord USED to be a great map, and still is when the kids are tucked away by mommy...or daddy..

What does Jahalalalalalalala need? It needs an indoor Palace, along with a TV Station, with an abandoned airport , streets like Ghost town --okay it has that-- Basically what would make Jahahahahaha the best map ever-- is make Warlords TV and Palace, Ghost Towns Streets, Night Flights Airport and Back Base, Surges Back Base, Mass Destructions Chemical Plant and Junk Yard...All buildings being close. Damn..sounds like SF is the best thing EA/DICE did.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6701|Tampa Bay Florida

Superior Mind wrote:

There is nothing new in Jalalabad. They didn't even bother changing the color of the buildings to make it match it the terrain some more. I am very un-impressed.
Same.  I've never made a custom map, but for some games like BF2 and CoD2 I'll just draw some maps down on a sheet of paper, just for fun.  I think even I could've made a map like Jalalabad.  But, it might be better than I think, I'll have to wait til I play some solid 1.4 until I'm convinced it sucks.

Where the hell is the PLA urban map

Last edited by Spearhead (2006-07-07 21:38:02)

TokyoJoe
+5|6556
warlord and great wall ftw.
millhous
+39|6648|OREEGONE, USA
I haven't played jalalalallabad at all so i voted for it.  I'm sick of karkand.
BCspeed34
+6|6570
I hate Jalallahbad. A jet crashed AND STILL STUCK into a hotel window? Riiiiiiiight....

Karkand whoring FTW!
TheNaziPredator
+15|6585
lol its wiining the polls
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6656
I have to stay true to karkand map
|SoW|BlackFire
C4 WHORE
+67|6728|Colorado
Karkand is better.
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6689|Middle of nowhere
What about the no vehicles? Surely that has to be a plus? (or are there vehicles? i haven't played it so i don't know)
|SoW|BlackFire
C4 WHORE
+67|6728|Colorado

genius_man16 wrote:

What about the no vehicles? Surely that has to be a plus? (or are there vehicles? i haven't played it so i don't know)
That feature can be turned on or off, depending on the server.

So yeah..
alien-DSW-Gen
Hates snipers and says the "F" word a lot
+72|6685|Houston, Texas

Superior Mind wrote:

The jet in the side of hotel was pretty new to my eyes
ToXiC888
Cal players > BF2s
+40|6596|Columbus,Ohio-THE Ohio State U
I think jalalabad because of the mix of urban and wide open terrain
alien-DSW-Gen
+72|6685|Houston, Texas
I enjoy the map. I have almost 500 hours on Karkand alone. I am glad this map came out, and even though it's not new buildings etc, for free I enjoy it. I will probably play the heck out of it in the near future when the patch is released final. If you like to snipe Jalala offers a lot more options then karkand in my opinion. Plus you can acctually see a lot more distance wise.

is it better? i dunno yet. give me a few hundred hours an i can be a fair judge what the long term playing will be. i used to love sharqi but i got sick of it pretty quick. not karkand though.. i hope jalala will be the same way.
Trigger_Happy_92
Uses the TV missle too much
+394|6661
i refer to jalalabad as "jalalafucked"
alien-DSW-Gen
+72|6685|Houston, Texas
i just wish the name had one less "la" in it.
pure_beef_69
Banned
+186|6658
wanna know why they dont like jalalalabad ? because they have no tanks to go rape every1.

Karkland infantry only ftw
Tishiablo
+0|6532
Jalalabad has tanks by default =_=

They can be disabled just like any other map with infantry only
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6632|London, England
Well Jalalabad has some nicely placed TOW's and MG positions, but far too many roofs are accessable. Most annoying is the roof of the hotel above the spawn point. But at least there is cover when capping the flags from those idiots on the roof unlike the Square flag in Karkand.

Karkand is still much better becuase there is fog and so not as many snipers whore the map. In jalalabad about 60% of the team are snipers. It's like a mix between Sharqi and Mashtuur. It's alright but the snipers ruin the map, hopefully they get rid of some ladders and keep the action on the ground.
DirtyMexican
I knife Generals
+278|6548|Search Whore killing fields
Karkand is better then jalalabad because karkand at the time wasnt new and wasnt a bunch of old buildings just put onto another map.

But I still Like Oman or Wake better

Last edited by DirtyMexican (2006-07-08 05:12:25)

Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6708|Germany
Karkand is way overrated!
Only because all the idiots on the server agree to grenadespam at the hotel and you can supply/medic-whore like there's no tomorrow or get insanely high points with tankwhoring doesn't make it a good map.
Personally I think it's rather mediocre.

Jallalabad has the big bonus that it is a new map,and a very good one.
Lots of sniper-spots,lots of close combat possible in the narrow streets,lots of strategy needed for tank-drivers.
I think that it is going to become one of the most popular maps,a lot of people like city maps and sooner or later even the toughest Die-Hard-Karkand-nadespammer(Volx? ) will probably get sick if he plays Karkand one more time....
Drexor
+33|6624|Denmark
im gonna play Jallalabad..... just because its new and because i hate whores that gets all their points by rapeing flags on karkand
RedneckSloth
+12|6605|MI

millhous wrote:

I haven't played jalalalallabad at all so i voted for it.  I'm sick of karkand.
that's exactly what I was thinking
MorbidFetus
+76|6562|Ohio
There's parts of Kark that are still rarely ever played. The map has potential for any kit. The color scheme/environment is awesome. Kark is the best IO map when people actually stay out of armor. Mash is too "round". Sharqi is too "crammed in the middle". Jalalabad just looks like a bad ripoff of Kark&Mash.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard