RedneckSloth
+12|6603|MI
https://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h46/rednecksloth/untitled2.jpg
I know the memory is kind of low but I'm taking a gig out of my old CPU (same type). all I know so far is that it's going to be loads better than what I've got now, nvidia 5500 on my dinosaur. I'm mostly concerned on how the video cards are going to perform.

Last edited by RedneckSloth (2006-07-07 11:45:36)

THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6780|AUS, Canberra
you will need more ram, it will prob lag a little when you first join a server.
RedneckSloth
+12|6603|MI
going to have two gigs in it taking a gig out of the old cpu.
travisb05
bullseye (+)
+58|6708|U.S
he is putting another gig he said and it should run on high.
|SoW|MuskieKilla
+7|6800|Colorado Springs
yea another gig just to be on the safe side and i think that you will be good homie!
kiler100_uk
+2|6529|M'boro, England
I Have Settings On High With A Lesser Setup Than That And Only 1gb Ram And I Run Fine
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6662
ok, first off, don't listen to those "well my older pc can do X" people. (who are probably running at 640x480)

You will NOT be able to run BF2 on all highs smoothly (as in: actually above 60 FPS the majority of the time) and without any stuttering or otherwise bad performance (lack of ram)

you will be able to run on medium/highs at 1280x1024.

EDIT: I just noticed you've got dual 7600gs's. Ok, that changes everything.

DO NOT GET SLI. SLI IS THE BIGGEST PIECE OF MARKETING TOSH FOR THE UNINFORMED EVER.

the ONLY situation in which you should have SLi is if you've got an absolute top of the range video card and are willing to spend lots of money on a moderate increase.

two video cards in SLi will NEVER beat one video card of twice their price.

geddit?

good.

Last edited by SargeV1.4 (2006-07-07 13:23:55)

https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
RedneckSloth
+12|6603|MI
Thanks everyone
Twist
Too old to be doing this sh*t
+103|6532|Little blue planet, milky way
Gotta agree with sarge on this one... You're getting stiffed on the GPU. the 7600 GS is not that great a card, getting two of them is just nuts. get ONE GTX instead, and you're much better off. You might have to add a few buck to get the 7900 GTX, but the 7800GTX is reasonably priced, so if the board is nice and fast, you should be able to get a nice 60+ fps, even at high settings (though I never recommend high on ALL settings even if the system supports it).

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard