the_dr00
+3|6501
I've just purchased and installed BF2: SF. This is an edited list of the problems I've had:

1). Invalid CD KEY.

2). Rain and Lighting Shaders error.

3). Unmodified content error / caused kicking off every server i tried connecting to.

4). "This version is not patched to the right level...." it was patched to 1.3, I even uninstalled and re-installed SF and guess what, the following happened after ALL the patches were applied:

This software requires version 1.21 to work.

WELL ITS ON 1.3 FFS!!!!

If it wasn't for the forums then I would have been totally in limbo and not been able to play any of the games at all. As it stands SF refuses to work but at least I can play vanilla bf2. I'm p*55ed that i cant get the sf weapon unlocks and i totally think EA need to get there asses sued for releasing buggy, unfinished software thats not gone through the appropriate QA tests.

EA its totally unacceptable that you leave your loyal users to sort their own problems out.

Community users, it is because of you that I play this game, when it works its awesome and without your help I wouldn't have been able to play it for the 20 hours I so far have.

My thanks to the community, my scorn to everyone at EA associated with this crap.
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6590|Seattle

If it was not for a friend of mine who visits the forums, I never would have guessed you had to have a patch to play in the first place. I was like WTF M8... There is no way of knowing about patches and all that when you first buy the game. That's lame as hell.
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
Smaug
This space for rent
+117|6570|Arlen, Texas
hey droo did u download the game or get a cd?
Sin-nisterMinister
You have been blessed... with my rifle!
+43|6589|Bellmawr, NJ, US
I never saw a game that didn't have an update option somewhere until I got BF2.  Knowing better, I immediately checked EA's site after noticing the server count down to under 100 (from over 500 the night before).
the_dr00
+3|6501
Hey Smaug

I bought the DVDs. Don't get me wrong I work in the software industry and Im all too aware that no software is perfect and patches are an essential evil, but EA just take this to an extreme and I think its totally unfair that they leave us in the lurch like this. Its an abuse of their customers.

Just look at the SF help board to see how many people have errors that are so basic that simple QA "SHOULD" have picked them up. It makes me think EA know they can get away with this behaviour because of the good nature of all you community minded guys out there.

I know this is posted someplace else, but things I'd like to see in a future patch:

1). The actual version number, none of this 1.1.28-1700a crap
2). A "check for updates" process built into the BFHQ gui.
3) I'd also like to see a "noob" setting that (and you get to choose if this is active or not) limits you to play on servers with people that have played the game for the same amount of time (essentially it limits you to play on servers with people of the same ability as you).

I know this is controversial, I also know that as a noob I have to accept im going to suck for a while, but sometimes i just want to have fun and man am I tired of looking at a spawn screen 10 seconds into a game and for 75% of all my games :-)

Peace
_NL_Lt.EngineerFox
Big Mouth Prick
+219|6523|Golf 1.8 GTI Wolfsburg Edition
With my last prob ( see my topic ) I decided to update my BF2SF to 1.30 and I also get the message

mods/bf2/shaders/lightning.fox not found!!! _DO_ check your working directory,_AND_ sync your shaders folder before calling upon your local rendering programmer/GP> (really!)

WTF is this
Aardcore
+60|6706|USA, Arizona
Rain and Lightning Shaders error? LOL Is that an Armored Fury conflict with Operation Harvest or something because that's the only map I can think of that actually has 'weather' to it LOL
nieker
THE FLYING DUTCH PENGUIN, THE NINTENDO PENGUIN
+191|6620|The Netherlands
loool u kinda srewd it
bf2_zspyvin
+17|6677|The Netherlands
Give us your nickname so we can take a look at ur stats.

We can do nothing about it. Do a manual unistall (search at the EA website and u will find it, just like i did when my bf2 crasht).

Hope that this help is.

U got a good enough videocard? Latest drivers/directx/RAM

Last edited by bf2_zspyvin (2006-07-07 12:41:52)

-=CB=-krazykarl
not always PWD, but usually.
+95|6529|Carlsbad, CA, USA

King_County_Downy wrote:

If it was not for a friend of mine who visits the forums, I never would have guessed you had to have a patch to play in the first place. I was like WTF M8... There is no way of knowing about patches and all that when you first buy the game. That's lame as hell.
yes, and me being a noob to computer games, (console addict, what was i thinking?) if not for my roommate, i would have been lost, patch? eye patch? tire patch? pumpkin patch? ps2 don't got no stinking patches, those games work no bs whats wrong with dice?
Smaug
This space for rent
+117|6570|Arlen, Texas
*sigh* I just ordered the disc, hope I don't have as much trouble when it gets here....
Inferno
+0|6491
Any one help.. please... I a tried the start - run -regidit thingy but it still wont work ...i dunno why? 
please some1  give answer to that
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6665|Colorado
After installing SF you should have installed the full 1.3 patch again.

Inferno I need more info to help... btw if your not comfortable with regedit I would not go messing around in it. If you cant get the game to work at all, try updating your drivers, then re install the game.

If you search these forums the path for install is listed several times.

Last edited by TrollmeaT (2006-07-12 23:12:43)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard