Sin-nisterMinister
You have been blessed... with my rifle!
+43|6592|Bellmawr, NJ, US
Can someone suggest including a new weapon in an upcoming patch? Would  REALLY love the BARRET M107 SNIPER RIFLE!!! (semi-auto 50 cal.  ten shots in UNDER ten seconds)   
It's very popular with our military and extremely effective from what I hear (it's the anti-sniper sniper rifle)
tvmissleman
The Cereal Killer
+201|6654| United States of America
M95= bolt action version of teh m107
Capt. Foley
+155|6583|Allentown, PA, USA
M107 is practicly the same as the M82A1, I cant remeber but they renamed it because of some law I think. Sorry I might be wrong.
rgraze
+6|6668
Practicaly but not.  The M107 is semiauto and what is commonly used.

Capt. Foley wrote:

M107 is practicly the same as the M82A1, I cant remeber but they renamed it because of some law I think. Sorry I might be wrong.
They don't rename them under laws. The M4, for example, is a real gun. Same with the MP5 and M95.

I don't think they should add more unlocks, I think they should tweak some of the stock weapons, like the M16. That gun is insanely accurate, although that does pertain to it's real life counterpart.

Last edited by TheCanadianTerrorist (2006-07-06 22:43:52)

InviSniper
The first true Sniper.
+95|6639|Cumberland, MD, USA
I'm very sure the M95 is semi-auto in real life, but they changed it for the game.

Edit: Scratch that.

Last edited by InviSniper (2006-07-06 23:14:19)

RedVigor
+3|6681
Not worried about extra guns but I would like Javelin for some real anti tank killing.
Cold Fussion
72% alcohol
+63|6663|Sydney, Australia

InviSniper wrote:

I'm very sure the M95 is semi-auto in real life, but they changed it for the game.

Edit: Scratch that.
the m82 is a semi auto and the m95 is bolt action.
OSS-CAPT-SPEIRS
+13|6728|Orange County, CA
I would like a 24 hour "unlock amnesty period" where I can hand back to the BF2 armory some of the crappy unlocks I got and get some better ones.  Also, I would like to see snipers get five claymores instead of two.  Why not, the Spec Ops kit gets five C-4 packs and the Engineer gets five AT mines. Why not give five Claymores to the Sniper?
sgt.sonner
the electric eel has got me by the brain banana
+146|6528|Denmizzark!!
Give me silenced steyr-AUG for spec-ops..
whilsky
FUBAR
+129|6563|Bristol UK
I think, that AT should get an m16 or similar varient for which side ie maybe a 101 again for MEC. As is real life the AT trooper is a combat soldier, he just got the ability too take a wak at a tank. i think it would work with out unbalacing the class, as he still would not have grenades, wouldnt have a fast rate weapon (like the medics m16 burst or semi only) so still would be very suseptable. Its just at the mo AT is very suseptable with short range weapons, he is good at close combat if the class has got the DAO. other wise unless you can get your rocket off with out being seen you get pwned.
FOX2PRO
+0|6526
I wish one of the sniper unlocks was semi-auto. I hate switiching teams so I can use my preffered sniper rifle.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6685|Tampa Bay Florida

TheCanadianTerrorist wrote:

Capt. Foley wrote:

They don't rename them under laws. The M4, for example, is a real gun. Same with the MP5 and M95.

I don't think they should add more unlocks, I think they should tweak some of the stock weapons, like the M16. That gun is insanely accurate, although that does pertain to it's real life counterpart.
It's not in the game, so he wasn't thinking what you were.  All guns in BF2 are real, or based on real ones.

He meant they renamed the M82 to the M107 because of a law, or something.

Tweaking the M16?  It's already the weakest, why the fuck do people hate it so?  It's NOT automatic, it's WEAK, 90 percent of noobs think it's the worst weapon in the game, and it takes skill and practice to use it correctly.  And you want to make it WORSE?

Last edited by Spearhead (2006-07-07 10:52:38)

mKmalfunction
Infamous meleeKings cult. Est. 2003 B.C.
+82|6535|The Lost Highway
50 Cal Desert Eagle.

It would be sweet if they had some cool pistol unlocks, I might actually use it outside of dire emergencies.
Hellfire(Fish)
Your Favorite Whiny Liberal
+8|6501|Alabama, United States

RedVigor wrote:

Not worried about extra guns but I would like Javelin for some real anti tank killing.
/tear
If only the AT guy had a Javelin launcher instead of that SRAW...
Taking out tanks from a half mile away from behind a hill...
Would probably make more people actually WANT to play the AT class.
DirtyMexican
I knife Generals
+278|6533|Search Whore killing fields

Sin-nisterMinister wrote:

Can someone suggest including a new weapon in an upcoming patch? Would  REALLY love the BARRET M107 SNIPER RIFLE!!! (semi-auto 50 cal.  ten shots in UNDER ten seconds)   
It's very popular with our military and extremely effective from what I hear (it's the anti-sniper sniper rifle)
You need a fucking life.
Sgt.Davi
Touches Himself At Night.
+300|6639|England

TheCanadianTerrorist wrote:

Capt. Foley wrote:

MP5 a real gun in BF? I WANT DA HAPPY MEAL!!!

lolz..............(omg im sooooo chavvy)

Yes the MP5 is a toy and will be even more so in infantry only mode
alien-DSW-Gen
Hates snipers and says the "F" word a lot
+72|6669|Houston, Texas
M82A1 is the "civilian" version according to barretts website - but I know the army used the m82.. so i'm not sure. Joint operations had the M82, and I was a bit at a loss when the 50 cal in bf2 was the bolt action. But semi auto on a gun of that caliber jumps so high you cant keep aimed so its the same thing as bolt action basically, since you have to reaim your target. But the higher clip count is a major advantage.
ReDmAn_ThE_uNiQuE
oh hai :D
+156|6647|The Netherlands
I WANT MY G*D D*MN HAPPY MEAL!
and a flamethrower
JON.ANTONSSON
+51|6688|Sweden
PSG1
https://remtek.com/arms/hk/mil/psg1/psg1a.gif

"-I have to go all the way back there!?
"-Uhmm.... yeah.
"-Whats wrong with you Otacon?"
Orgtheone
+30|6658|The Dark Side Of The Moon
1 billion threads on this subject
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6522|Singapore

Sin-nisterMinister wrote:

wonder how insane the recoil will be...
Sgt_Bob05
Nade Spammers Must Die
+49|6697|Australia
Tut,tut,tut. Silly little nub. Use the fucking search button tool.
Aquastorm
Last of the Uchiha
+4|6708|Hong Kong, China
From what I've researched, the M82 and the CURRENT M107 is the same. The original M107 was the M95. But after the Army thought found out that bolt action was not what they wanted but fund was already heading to buying the M107 and could not be redirected. They changed the M82 and renamed it to the M107 so that they could buy more of the M82 instead.
DirtyMexican
I knife Generals
+278|6533|Search Whore killing fields

Aquastorm wrote:

From what I've researched, the M82 and the CURRENT M107 is the same. The original M107 was the M95. But after the Army thought found out that bolt action was not what they wanted but fund was already heading to buying the M107 and could not be redirected. They changed the M82 and renamed it to the M107 so that they could buy more of the M82 instead.
Fuck that. Give me a dirty magazine and some candy

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard