travisb05
bullseye (+)
+58|6719|U.S
I get these pop-ups about anti virus protection and how many i have some say i have 200 others say i have 50. I scan with ADWARWe se everyday and also with norton anti virus the stupid pop up things dont go away they are tracking sookies i delete 15 a day can someone tell me how to get rid of them.
travisb05
bullseye (+)
+58|6719|U.S
help me   pleaseeeeeee
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6736
change the security settings.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
IBKCKNURASS
Corrosion Inhibitor
+172|6757
BigglesPiP
Whirlybird Guy
+20|6568|Windermere, GB
Firefox + NoScript + Adblock + Adblock FiltersetG updater

All Free, I see NO adverts AT ALL. Not even in page banner adds.

You can even use an extension to get rid of Adds in google searches but I like them.

Last edited by BigglesPiP (2006-07-06 15:23:04)

slo5oh
+28|6681
install ad-aware, update it, run it.

install spybot, update it, run it

if you're still getting popups google hijackthis.  Very powerful tool, but you need to know what you're doing to use it.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6549|Global Command

travisb05 wrote:

I get these pop-ups about anti virus protection and how many i have some say i have 200 others say i have 50. I scan with ADWARWe se everyday and also with norton anti virus the stupid pop up things dont go away they are tracking sookies i delete 15 a day can someone tell me how to get rid of them.
try using mozilla as a browser and myway.com as a homepage=no pop ups.
https://www.mozilla.org/
http://www.myway.com/
*RIP*gonzo21
+11|6545|Texas
Yes, Mozilla as your browser (IE sucks). And if you dont know what hijackthis is then you dont know how to use it. You can really screw sh_t up if you start deleting things with hijackthis, because it does not create a backup like adaware or spybot do. There is no back button once  you delete something.
You can also try a free online scan from TrendMicro.com
Really good scan for hijackers, viruses, and worms.
GOOD LUCK!
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6617|Seattle

Run scans in safe mode
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
Dirtracer90
+8|6706
i have the same problems too i ran spybot destoyred everything supposedly except this one thign that keep popping up everytime i log into the internet my home page is the syssecutrity.com site along with a popup cant even change the homepage

Last edited by Dirtracer90 (2006-07-06 18:02:05)

travisb05
bullseye (+)
+58|6719|U.S
they are not really that kind of pop up i have spybot and adware and norton they come up when im not on the internet i will try and get a screen shot.
travisb05
bullseye (+)
+58|6719|U.S

Dirtracer90 wrote:

i have the same problems too i ran spybot destoyred everything supposedly except this one thign that keep popping up everytime i log into the internet my home page is the syssecutrity.com site along with a popup cant even change the homepage
that is what my thing is like excpet i can still have the bf2s as my homepage i get three of them winantivirus and others. how does scaning in safe mode help?

Last edited by travisb05 (2006-07-06 18:13:36)

slo5oh
+28|6681

*RIP*gonzo21 wrote:

Yes, Mozilla as your browser (IE sucks). And if you dont know what hijackthis is then you dont know how to use it. You can really screw sh_t up if you start deleting things with hijackthis, because it does not create a backup like adaware or spybot do. There is no back button once  you delete something.
You can also try a free online scan from TrendMicro.com
Really good scan for hijackers, viruses, and worms.
GOOD LUCK!
You don't know what you're talking about.  Yes, it does backup.  Not only does it back up everything you remove, it's only reports strange and out of place registry files.  Some of them are necessary for sound and video drivers, antivirus, etc, but VERY few and even if you remove those you can either restore them in hijackthis or reinstall.  If you have more than 3 brain cells left know how to use google and can spend 20 minutes of your life searching the file from each line you'll find out what's causing the popups.  I've only seen 2 programs that hijackthis could not kill and I've cleaned hundreds of computers.
Dirtracer90
+8|6706
i have this explorer toolbar  that has three options under and one is a link to real.com about a real one player

its called Zlob.dowloader

would the asshole who gave me - karma tell me his name

Last edited by Dirtracer90 (2006-07-06 18:32:30)

BigglesPiP
Whirlybird Guy
+20|6568|Windermere, GB

Dirtracer90 wrote:

i have this explorer toolbar  that has three options under and one is a link to real.com about a real one player

its called Zlob.dowloader

would the asshole who gave me - karma tell me his name
I got +1

And in reply to that +1's comment: Tools > Extensions > Get more extensions > Search for Adblock

Last edited by BigglesPiP (2006-07-07 11:03:59)

travisb05
bullseye (+)
+58|6719|U.S
what does the filter set g do.
1NfE5T
I'll sleep when i'm dead
+11|6737|Houston,Texas
www.tweakxp.com

Find the memory tweaks, and some other tweaks helped me gain at least 10-15 fps on my 6600gt
BigglesPiP
Whirlybird Guy
+20|6568|Windermere, GB

travisb05 wrote:

what does the filter set g do.
It gives Adblock some filters (previously you had tio make the filter). That are updated regularly.

NoScript kills banner adds.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard