valli
+10|6639
Zatar is even worse than Oman, the distances are huge with nowhere to hide.

Why not change it into a server option, like friendly fire, auto balance and the upcoming Infantry Only? I'm sure the 24/7 Karkand servers would turn it off, thus eliminating the problem?
<3|o|E>KA$H
+1|6542

ShotYourSix wrote:

I've had jeeps dropped plenty of times when I really needed one (sometimes they were enemy jeeps).  I like the addition.  If they can work out the glitching I say keep it.
all they need to do is to only give the commander the ability to drop a vehicle once it has be requested for
aqempty
+6|6506|international waters
I CALL JEEPS WHEN I DONT HAVE ONE so dont remove it. the thing is make areas to not be able to be dropped like roofs aarty and enemy people. or can only be dropped 30 yards around teammates
-=raska=-
Canada's French Frog
+123|6626|Quebec city, Canada

Leonnoe1 wrote:

Well, I wouldn't mind keeping it in, but make it similar to the Supply Crate. When you drop it, it moves. But..don't just make it drift north like the Crate does, give it a variable for direction. And instead of simply making it N, S, E, W, add in NE, SE, SW, NW. That gives you a 1:8 chance of getting it in the right spot to glitch. It also lessens the ability for it to be used as "Cartillery". Simple solution for an overdramatized problem.
I was thinking the same thing

To me, he got the solution. just make car drops inacurate making them drift a few meters away from where the commander clicked...
LSD_Wash
+64|6814

-=raska=- wrote:

Leonnoe1 wrote:

Well, I wouldn't mind keeping it in, but make it similar to the Supply Crate. When you drop it, it moves. But..don't just make it drift north like the Crate does, give it a variable for direction. And instead of simply making it N, S, E, W, add in NE, SE, SW, NW. That gives you a 1:8 chance of getting it in the right spot to glitch. It also lessens the ability for it to be used as "Cartillery". Simple solution for an overdramatized problem.
I was thinking the same thing

To me, he got the solution. just make car drops inacurate making them drift a few meters away from where the commander clicked...
I feel that the 'add a random drift' thing is way too arbitrary and not fool-proof enough to fix the hotel glitch problem.  It addresses the cartillary issue fairly well since you would waste a few cars trying to get one guy, but I can imagine a sleezy commander littering the hotel alley with 5-6 cars trying to get his buddy inside so he can cheat.  If they could add the random drift AND fix it so that the cars would not glitch inside of walls I might support that.
AirForceOne1
What smells like tuna??
+115|6547|inside your nose.

LT.Victim wrote:

For all of you that said "Yes remove it" Then you need to get out of Karkand and other Tiny maps, and try using them on wake, or Oman, once youve dont that, come back.. i'm sure you will have changed you mind, cause walking on those maps is a bitch unlike karkand.
Agreed. Nuff said...
-=raska=-
Canada's French Frog
+123|6626|Quebec city, Canada
just make those damn walls solid !!!
=W=GeneralSherman
Banned
+83|6557

LSD_Wash wrote:

Nobody was asking for vehicle drops anyway.  The problems they created vastly outweigh the benefits.  They hardly get used for their intended purpose anyway.  Just remove the stupid, pointless feature and call it a day.  They would not be missed and the cartillary problem and hotel glitch would go the way of the dodo bird and the Betamax. Admit it... you know I'm right. 
shut up u noob....u just play with a crapy commander or marathon walkers...when even im commander on any server i get vehicle drop requests constantly

mabye u just play on 16 player maps wheres theres not much need for cartiller
VspyVspy
Sniper
+183|6673|A sunburnt country

canadarocks wrote:

Perhaps the fix is...the vehicle must be a request, and not just a random drop by the commander.
Good thinking, that would work too.

+1 for you
Canadianinvasion
.:The D€S€RŦ ]V[ǾŲ∩Ŧ€€:.
+6|6644|Behind you with my knife
Its fun to see a 2-ton truck fall on a sniper's ass
[AR15]GerberSchwintz
+3|6638
I ask for vehicle drops constantly. *Shrug*
lt2tanks
meat shield
+18|6494|Maine

canadarocks wrote:

Perhaps the fix is...the vehicle must be a request, and not just a random drop by the commander.
Enough said.
Jalabad
+7|6467

canadarocks wrote:

Yep, good idea.
AllmightyOz
+50|6486|United States - Ohio

LT.Victim wrote:

For all of you that said "Yes remove it" Then you need to get out of Karkand and other Tiny maps, and try using them on wake, or Oman, once youve dont that, come back.. i'm sure you will have changed you mind, cause walking on those maps is a bitch unlike karkand.
+1
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6645
I would like to see tanks, other armors added to the vehile drop, and maybe have a supply box when its dropped you can switch weapons when the ammo for one weapon runs out just take another gun from the supply box. also allow some new boats to be dropped on the water maps like wake, boats that would do moe dmg and take more dmg.
WilhelmSissener
Banned
+557|6733|Oslo, Norway
i like cartillary and i do aprecciate it (cause i play other maps than just karkland) why not put a killzone there instead?
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6565|Area 51

LSD_Wash wrote:

Nobody was asking for vehicle drops anyway.  The problems they created vastly outweigh the benefits.  They hardly get used for their intended purpose anyway.  Just remove the stupid, pointless feature and call it a day.  They would not be missed and the cartillary problem and hotel glitch would go the way of the dodo bird and the Betamax. Admit it... you know I'm right. 
Its teh uber handiness those car drops, (No not to kill snipers, though I've had my fun blowing up the enemy Arty while a enigneer was repairing it and then the engi. died ) But anyway often if I play commander and I see a lonely soldier walkin all the way I give him a vehicle drop or when I give a squad the task to get a rear flag I give them a order + vehicle drop. So no, lets keep the car drops but minimize the abuses you can achieve with it? k?

Last edited by RDMC(2) (2006-08-14 01:35:50)

norge
J-10 and a coke please
+18|6470
Rofl at add tank drops.  Why dont they just add helicopter and plane drops too?

IRL they can drop tanks from c131 but that would be lame here.  It would be cool to have a plane fly over and drop it out though.  And maybe maps that have planes (ie. wake) could shoot the c131 down b4 it drops and u cant get that vehicle.

Also adding gun switches at supply crates would be pretty darn nifty.
TheEvilCubivore
+1|6587
Add random drift, make it so it dosen't go on roofs. Easy enough

Cartillery isn't useful at all though, people say Zatar dosen't have cover, blah blah blah. How many servers play Zatar at a given time? 11? Not to mention if you can't find a car near you its your OWN FAULT. Hurry up and stop loligagging and you would get your very own car. And how many requests do you get for cars? 2? So people can spawn camp on roofs? Who cares.
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6751|Chicago.

TheEvilCubivore wrote:

Add random drift, make it so it dosen't go on roofs. Easy enough

Cartillery isn't useful at all though, people say Zatar dosen't have cover, blah blah blah. How many servers play Zatar at a given time? 11? Not to mention if you can't find a car near you its your OWN FAULT. Hurry up and stop loligagging and you would get your very own car. And how many requests do you get for cars? 2? So people can spawn camp on roofs? Who cares.
Agreed, but even more so.

If you find yourself out in the middle of a field in Zatar, it is your own doing. Either you thought you'd catch a ride later, chased after a vehicle, etc. If you don't have cover, it's your fault. I personally have despised the Vehicle Drop since the day 1.3 was avaliable. I think it should be taken out.

Last edited by BigmacK (2006-08-14 12:11:24)

ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6522
play on moders karkand 24/7, no cartillery allowed and is very well adminned
Spumantiii
pistolero
+147|6683|Canada
I agree.  I think maybe 3 or 4 times I've actually managed to get the commander to drop me a vehicle.  He's usually too busy trying to drop it on tanks and apcs.  I have on the other hand been killed by cartillery more times than I need to.  Dumb feature, truly adds nothing to gameplay but frustration and silly looking collision physics, unless you have a good commander.  I can usually run to a vehicle first.

Last edited by Spumantiii (2006-08-14 18:45:49)

genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6678|Middle of nowhere

LT.Victim wrote:

i have YET to run into a problem with finding a ride on those maps, so i don't get what your issue is.  I say scrap it, i agree, it creates more problems than it solves.
vanmani
Unintentionally Verbose
+26|6592|Australia
Vehicle drops are awesome. People drive off with all the vehicles and you're left at a friendly flag with a long walk? Vehicle drop please! AHhh no more 2 minute periods with noone to kill.
rootbeer73
+24|6585|in a small dark place

ig88 wrote:

yea that wouldnt be good, i couldnt use my 1337 h4x anymore!!!!!!!!!!
looking at your vicitm list it would suggest you do use em. sus indeed

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard