Hargon
+0|6759
I'm trying to get all the awards that don't require large "x number of global hours" and I'm stuck on this one: Air Defense Ribbon!

3 minutes in an AA is no problem but I can't get close to the 11 kills, also I'm fuzzy about what counts as AA.

Suggestions for the best map/setup/vehicle to use?  Please be specific if you recommend a certain vehicle I don't know the names of them (if you say the MXU-837A I'll have no idea what you are talking about)--which map that vehicle is on and where it is would also be great!  Thanks.
nzjafa
+2|6767
AA is either those double barreled things that sit on the ground with a sight that has a diamond in it, or those big ugly tanks with the cannons and heat seekers on the top. the only time i ever get kills with it is on kubra dam cos theyre usually too far away to see u before u hit them if you're on the valley walls, or charqi peninsula and hit them as they come into view over fences and stuff cos they have to turn around 2 get a good shot, and if your fast enough then with any luck they'll be gone by then. but i dunno about 11... i've never had more than 4 in a round
ssj4gogeta
+1|6847|England, Uk
These are the three anti air craft vehicles so you know which they are
http://www.totalbf2.com/images.php?img= … render.jpg
or you can just use the mounted stinger platforms.
I think i am right in saying that only kills made with the missiles from these vehicles count.
As for the best level I would say either Dalian Plant, Dragon Valley, FuShe Pass, Gulf of Oman or Operation Clean Sweep.

Last edited by ssj4gogeta (2005-10-26 22:50:45)

Paladus902
The Last Man Standing
+1|6788
I got my air defence ribbon really easy by just killing 11 people.  I never even had to shoot a plane down, and after a while it said I had the badge.  So Im not sure if its changed, but if it hasnt, just shoot 11 targets and your done.

However, if you do have to aim for aircraft, go for helicopters, there much easier to shoot then planes.
TheSilenceOfMe
+0|6780
Did it on Operation Clean Sweep from a stationary AA.

Anyway here is a great post about how to be effective with the AA. http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=1311
redfoxster
Chopper Whore Extraordinaire
+3|6774
yeah, you can use the mobile AA to get the AA badge and ribbon, and killing infantry does count, so kubra dam is really easy to get it on, just drive around and destroy some guys spawning in an enemy base for you 11 kills
Lazarus Tag'lim
Have Wrench, Will Travel
+1|6782|Alabama Coast, USA
Any idea whether or not the F2 position in mobile AA counts as an AA kill (you're holding your kit's weapon like F3 and F4 in a hummer or vodnik, not a gun mount).  And now that I say that... it's an interesting idea for better self-defence... use anti-tank, select your SRAW, and if you're confronted by heavier armor, you switch to F2, launch a rocket, switch back, and finish off with the gun...  that rocket will probably do more damage than the gun would in the time it takes to do that, and you'll have less worries about overheating your gun right before you finish 'em.
Guruz
Sir
+20|6840|government yard in trenchtown.
Yeah, Daqing Oilfields is best for mobile AA kills and Gulf Of Oman on Stinger/IGLA.

Should be easy if you spend the whole round on the AA.
fdcp_elmo
Rules over Sesamestreet
+5|6757|The Netherlands
i got that one with just firing the gun at infantry didnt take a heli down once (u TK all the time anyway) was on fushe pass btw
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6791|Singapore

am i the only person who got PURE 11 kills. lol.

[edit] k fine, 10. I admit I blew this guy running for a tank in woodshed (dragon valley) with the stinger. 10 pure.[/edit]

Last edited by polarbearz (2005-11-07 04:39:03)

Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6815
Mobile AA vs Infatry is the way to go.
dsb
+0|6779

polarbearz wrote:

I admit I blew this guy...
See how easily quotes can be taken out of context ...always check your typing...you never know what smartass is reading
kessel!
Peruvian Cocaine
+261|6767|Toronto Canada
just get in a linebacker and shoot ground bitches, not air
NJG HukaMaster
+1|6777
I got mine accidentally. It was back when Kills counted as a commander.  I was being shot at by an evil whore of the copterness and jumped in a stationary AA, and proceeded to punch a few wholes in that flyboys arse.  Anyway while still in scope view I proceeded to command with shock and awe artillary.  Well the kills racked up and because I was technically using the AA I got credit for the badge. Now mind you I did not go for the badge, and I would give it back if I could...wink, wink...

Anyway may still work for yas
DriftX
+0|6788
Wow I'm surprised this hasn't come up...

Go to Oman 32/34, Dragon Valley 64, or any other map with the USS Essex. Be commander and sit in the Anti-Air guns on the ship. There are two of them: One is at one end of the ship, near where the helicopters and jets spawn. The other is on aboutt 3/4ths of the way to the other side; there should be a ladder leading up to it near the UAV trailer. I would suggest using the second one, because people tend to use the one at the spawn pads more and may complain if you don't do anything and just command. Anyways, just sit in there and chill while racking up kills with the arty, and you'll get it in no time.

By now you guys are probably complaining, saying things like "But DriftX, I thought arty kills don't count anymore?". Yes, that's true - or at least part of it. Your arty kills WILL still count towards badge/medal/ribbon requirements and will still be added to your global kills, they just won't show up in your round score when you hit Tab. Trust me, I've tried it, this is how I got mine, AFTER 1.03.
eatmywheaties
+2|6760
Wake island is a good map to get this ribbon too.

The stationary stinger just above the beach is a prime station for nailing that blackhawk trying to breach the south side of the island.
1234BGD
+1|6751
I got my ribbon and badge on Kubra Dam in a same round. Was operating a mobile AA from Construction yard and must admit I was giving hell to all the pilots around. The mobile AA on that map has few advantages... on the road to the bridge, you are well covered from the right - there is a mountain or something, so you just keep aiming left - front - BACK (must always check back, because pilots like to take mobile AA's from behind ) Got 11 kills then, shame I didn't get few more. I prefer to use gun instead of missiles. I only use missiles when the target is within visual range, there are no "friendly" aircraft and just second after decoy vanishes. That's when they are MOST vulnerable. In my view, the biggest disadvantage of mobile AA is that it has no smoke grenades!

Above all it is fun to kill pilots. 3 things that I love best, in killing pilots are 1. C4 Kills on helicopters 2. AT kills on helicopters 3. Machinegun kills on helicopters, from a jeep or tank... aaaaa, love it.

I would like to hear pilots, to tell me how they feel when they are shot down in this "unconventional manner".

Oh, suggestion - get the AA stuff on Kubra Dam

Last edited by 1234BGD (2005-11-07 23:41:48)

KW33D
+0|6746

1234BGD wrote:

Above all it is fun to kill pilots. 3 things that I love best, in killing pilots are 1. C4 Kills on helicopters 2. AT kills on helicopters 3. Machinegun kills on helicopters, from a jeep or tank... aaaaa, love it.

I would like to hear pilots, to tell me how they feel when they are shot down in this "unconventional manner".
How could you leave out shooting them with the tank (shells)....just 2 shots and they are down. Try doing it a while round and it gets quite easy after a while.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6749|The United Center
yeah, i agree, shooting down choppers with the tank does feel pretty good, especially when theyre trying to line you up for an attack.
jax
+12|6769
i dont think that the anti air guns on the ship work because i sat in one of them for 5 mins and didnt get the air d badge (i no everyones talking about the ribbon but u probably wont be able to get the 3 mins on a ship gun as it dosnt count towards the badgge so i dought it would count towards the stinger, not sure about the kills either) but does anyone know if the ass nailing machine/gattling gun counts towards the kills in the AA tank or is it just the rockets. also is the AA tank how you get road kills in the stinger becasuse i dont think that i have ever hopped in one but i have a couple of road kills with stinger

excuse the bad english im just lasy

Last edited by jax (2005-11-08 22:35:05)

Achenar459
+0|6828
omg mobile AA vs infantry would have been a WAY easier way to get this ribbon!! i got mine by taking down a couple transport & attack choppers on fu she pass. the hardest part was having to SIT in the damn thing for the rest of the round after i got the 11 kills!! >_<
shingara
+0|6775|the motherland uk
i think another way to look at this, maybe some ppl will agree others wont, but this is how i did it, wake island map, on the usmc side on the uss essex, get commander and sit inside the middle aa cannon next to the radar and the trailer.

aim your gun just over your arty and start commandering when u hear the lock coming onto the gun switch screens  and blow the plane up, when not get into the commander screen and help your team as much as possible, AND espec use your arty.

yes this does class as kills while in an aa so not only are u helping your team and being a good comander ur stopping the base raping of your ship and also getting a badge or 2 depending what kit u select. hope this helps have fun
Mario-C
+0|6745|Wellington Nz
grab a linebacker and blow away some infantry..easy
KillerAFET
+3|6782|Abilene, Texas
Got it today when I was in a AA position as commander in Ghost Town.  So it kinda proves that you can get kills based on commander performance and that SF maps also count towards BF2 awards. 

Last edited by KillerAFET (2005-12-08 11:22:21)

ammopak
+0|6719
Guys... does the concept also work on getting the amour ribbon and heli ribbon if you are a commander sitting in a tank or transport heli and raining arty on the enemy?

Stupid question i know, but curious.... and yes i dont have either badges

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard