AirForceOne1
What smells like tuna??
+115|6517|inside your nose.
I was doing somethin with the localization thing, and I came upon this.

HUD_HUD_ASSIST_KILL_TARGETING You got a targeting assist!

Targeting Assist?? WTF
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6779|Marathon, Florida Keys
it was a feature when the laser designator was still ingame
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS
Feature they decided to take out. Probably what happens is you spot someone, and if someone kills them while their 'spotted' you get the points. Took it out as (you can imagine) it would lead to spot spamming everywhere.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
AirForceOne1
What smells like tuna??
lol i guess i see where your coming from. Some ppl prolly wouldn't even fight. they would just sit their and spot EVERYTHING... like u said of course.. lol
Dr_3V|L
+51|6695|Twente, The Netherlands
"Enemy mine spotted"!
Dutchman-195
Ea & Dice Hater Fan Club
+17|6490|Oro Valley-Tucson, AZ
...i never remember a spotter?
Fredrik
i hate you all
+201|6619|Norway
They should have included that, i hate people that dont spot. Maybe snipers could get points for that? People would stop complaining about sniper vs medic/support then...
BlaZin'Feenix
I'm just that good
+156|6589|Cork, Ireland
I think they should have a feature that for everything you spot, you can only get 1/4 of a point and you could only spot it once
drug_dealer111
+44|6531|Team America!!!
enemy noob spotted
BlaZin'Feenix
I'm just that good
+156|6589|Cork, Ireland
Me?
drug_dealer111
+44|6531|Team America!!!

BlaZin'Feenix wrote:

Me?
No...but just about half the people i play with are
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6643|Colorado
I always thought it should be a feature since 1942's omaha beach, would be great if just the snipers had the spot ability.
BlaZin'Feenix
I'm just that good
+156|6589|Cork, Ireland
Yeah, I know what you mean
drug_dealer111
+44|6531|Team America!!!

BlaZin'Feenix wrote:

Yeah, I know what you mean
exspecially when you have players from both sides shooting at you...and there is no red tag glitch going on
']['error
Banned
+630|6614|The Netherlands
hehe you should be commander then, do a scan and spot every red dot on the map
AirForceOne1
What smells like tuna??
lol... i knew someone would eventually say that.. lol
drug_dealer111
+44|6531|Team America!!!
i've started doing that more often...but its not as fun as running up and pistoling someone whos tring to snipe someone and doesnt notice your doing it till they are dead...thats the best
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS

Dutchman-195 wrote:

...i never remember a spotter?
Never in the original release, as I said.

But the commander thing won't work, because that would count as team points. And commanders can't get team points.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Lunatic_480
+4|6503
It is a pitty that they did not get through with that. I can imagine that you would have a lasertargetting device for spotting enemy tanks. An pilot could then simple pawn that tank an you get the assist. You would have to spot a least 5 sec. or else you get the problem mentioned above.
']['error
Banned
+630|6614|The Netherlands
i'd be on the square roof on karkand, when usmc has the Hotel: "enemy infantry spotted" "enemy infantry spotted" "enemy infantry spotted" "enemy infantry spotted" "enemy infantry spotted" "enemy infantry spotted"
etc.
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6741|AUS, Canberra
i wish you got points for this

" there is a problem with your connection "
AirForceOne1
What smells like tuna??
lol just imagine though if they actually had this..... on a 64 man karkand server.... MAN that would get FUCKING ANNOYING!!
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6623

Lunatic_480 wrote:

It is a pitty that they did not get through with that. I can imagine that you would have a lasertargetting device for spotting enemy tanks. An pilot could then simple pawn that tank an you get the assist. You would have to spot a least 5 sec. or else you get the problem mentioned above.
That would be great.... could be implemented by a click and hold with left mouse down on the rosetta, complete with progress bar...  would also make the person a sitting duck while they were transmitting the coordinates, discouraging spamming...

EDIT:  Why is this in the not BF2S, Not BF2 forum again?

Last edited by UnOriginalNuttah (2006-07-06 00:58:28)

drug_dealer111
+44|6531|Team America!!!

']['error wrote:

i'd be on the square roof on karkand, when usmc has the Hotel: "enemy infantry spotted" "enemy infantry spotted" "enemy infantry spotted" "enemy infantry spotted" "enemy infantry spotted" "enemy infantry spotted"
etc.
thats what nades are for...if you see enough colse together...get some pitching practice in and throw the noobs a nade strike
AirForceOne1
What smells like tuna??

UnOriginalNuttah wrote:

Lunatic_480 wrote:

That would be great.... could be implemented by a click and hold with left mouse down on the rosetta, complete with progress bar...  would also make the person a sitting duck while they were transmitting the coordinates, discouraging spamming...

EDIT:  Why is this in the not BF2S, Not BF2 forum again?
Because I have always piss off the mods for not putting something in the right section... So by putting it in here... i know it CAN'T be wrong.. lol

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard