Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6771|Toronto, ON
This is for people who are new to the forum or are just too lazy to search:

-If you quit the game to prevent a loss to your account, it will fail because disconnecting is an automatic loss (If you manage to rejoin the same server, then it will continue normally, otherwise, once the match ends without you in it, it counts as a loss for you no matter which team you were originally on).

-Switching teams also won't work, there must be at LEAST 75% of the TOTAL tickets combined remaining in order for this to work.

ie. If both sides have 200-200 and you switch, then you are officially on the other team BUT if the sides look like 100-20 and you switch to the winning team, you still get a loss counted because 120/400 != 0.75.

So for people that think W/L is an easy padding, be my guest and prove me right (You can't prove me wrong because that's impossible).
Alpha as fuck.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6672
Do you see that big search button at the top? It takes you through a magical portal that leads to any of the other threads that have been posted about this  before. I think you might slightly help a few newbies with this before it goes to the dreaded second page and is lost forever.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6771|Toronto, ON

Nyte wrote:

This is for people who are new to the forum or are just too lazy to search
Alpha as fuck.
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6646|Warlord
I just tested this, oh fount of all knowledge

Nyte wrote:

-If you quit the game to prevent a loss to your account, it will fail because disconnecting is an automatic loss
If you quit the game from the losing side it shows as a loss.

Nyte wrote:

...otherwise, once the match ends without you in it, it counts as a loss for you no matter which team you were originally on).
Wrong.

Left a game with 2 tickets left to the USMC, I was 292/215 when I checked a few minutes before the game and I'm now 294/215. Did the same thing the previous game to that one but it didn't show in the stats immediately (hence the jump of two points) so I this was a second attempt; that's twice on two random servers just to show it wasn't a one-time fluke or anything.

Nyte wrote:

-Switching teams also won't work, there must be at LEAST 75% of the TOTAL tickets combined remaining in order for this to work.
Wrong here too, unless there are server-side options that control this (admins?) see next bit.

Nyte wrote:

ie. If both sides have 200-200 and you switch, then you are officially on the other team BUT if the sides look like 100-20 and you switch to the winning team, you still get a loss counted because 120/400 != 0.75.
64-player server, about 13 a side, 15 tickets left on the MEC clock. I defected to USMC when I realised we had one more player than they did (I was even commander). Showed as a win on my stats.

Nyte wrote:

So for people that think W/L is an easy padding, be my guest and prove me right (You can't prove me wrong because that's impossible).
Nah

Another one I've read more than once here and other BF2 forums: a late autoswitch to the losing side won't show as a loss. The rationale being that the side you spend the bulk of the time on is the one whose result you get credit for, right? This is a myth. I got switched last night when people started to quit the losing side (possibly in a vain attempt to avoid the recording of a loss in their stats!) and I was unlucky enough to be next guy killed, instantly becoming the player with the highest score on the MEC side... meh. Anyway, since I was keeping track of my win/loss numbers I know it was recorded as a loss in my stats.

So, if you do get switched late in the game to the side you've been doing your best to help decimate for 20 minutes, then yeah, get mad 'cause it does suck.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6808|Singapore

To reiterate:

My WLR > Your WLR.

So my penis = larger.

And you = need to use search
VspyVspy
Sniper
+183|6692|A sunburnt country
Great shot Bearz.  All the way from Singapore to Toronto, good bullet drop compensation.

Bang, headshot
Buckles
Cheeky Keen
+329|6575|Kent, UK
Nyte, did you get picked on a lot as a child?
Cuz you seem like you got sommat to prove, and if you ARE trying to prove your manliness, machosity (yeah, i just made that up) and that you're "Well 'ard" then you're kinda NEVER gunna do it on the internet.
People just think you're an arrogent bastard really.
Sorry to disappoint.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6808|Singapore

VspyVspy wrote:

Great shot Bearz.  All the way from Singapore to Toronto, good bullet drop compensation.

Bang, headshot
And i Used an AK101
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6646|Warlord

polarbearz wrote:

My WLR > Your WLR.
Fair enough but let's at least compare infantry with infantry.
SmackDowN
+5|6488

Nyte wrote:

-If you quit the game to prevent a loss to your account, it will fail because disconnecting is an automatic loss (If you manage to rejoin the same server, then it will continue normally, otherwise, once the match ends without you in it, it counts as a loss for you no matter which team you were originally on).

Totally wrong

-if u've been on the losing team the whole round and switch to the winning team 2 sec. before losing, u get a win
-if u leave the game before the end as a usmc and they win, you get a win even if usmc has 30 player and the other team 15 players
-if you are usmc, and get disconnected, then join back and are on MEC, then if you don't spawn on MEC side it will give you an usmc win, cause you cant get a loss on MEC if you dont have playing time as MEC, you are considered as usmc.
-if you join a game and are on the loser side, and the game is almost finish, dont spawn and the game wont count for you, whatever the game result is.

So basically you are considered in the last team u spawned as.

I would love to prove you wrong Nyte and make you look even more stupid that you really are, but I got a life and I got nothing to prove over the internet.

EDIT: oh and Todd_Angelo, I totally agree with everything you wrote, +1 to you mate, at least you know what your talking about, and sorry if i i repeated some of the things u wrote, i didnt feel like reading what was next to Nyte's post after i saw his stupidity, wanted to post immediatly

Last edited by SmackDowN (2006-10-05 12:11:24)

sgt.sonner
the electric eel has got me by the brain banana
+146|6552|Denmizzark!!

Nyte wrote:

Most of this is false..

What the guy above me said is true..

But nice attempt to try and stop noobs from team-switching..

Last edited by sgt.sonner (2006-10-05 12:06:48)

Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6672
Nyte is right, that rhymes, and shut up.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6610|Reisterstown, MD

I know that if you leave a server and your team wins, you get the win just like if you leave and your team loses you get the loss.  W/L ftw.
R3v0LuT!oN
+22|6685|United States
I was going to say something about how I don't think Nyte is correct about this...but now i have a headache from trying to read Sarge's sig.  Oh well.
killer21

SargeV1.4 wrote:

Nyte is right, that rhymes, and shut up.
Your sig is gay.  To learn how I feel about people whining about the latest patch, refer to this thread.
Jenkinsbball
Banned
+149|6567|USA bitches!
Quick question...

I enter a game and I'm thrown on the losing team. The tickets are at 100+ for the enemy and anywhere between 1-20 for my team. When we eventually lose, do I get a loss for that round? Especially when I've only been in game for less than 3 minutes?
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6664|Ohio
Why did you revive this thread? It seems rediculous to restart a thread that died back in july
greenhaven
+47|6485

polarbearz wrote:

VspyVspy wrote:

Bang, headshot
And i Used an AK101
WTF HAXXXXX!!!!!111!!11!!1
SmackDowN
+5|6488

Jenkinsbball wrote:

Quick question...

I enter a game and I'm thrown on the losing team. The tickets are at 100+ for the enemy and anywhere between 1-20 for my team. When we eventually lose, do I get a loss for that round? Especially when I've only been in game for less than 3 minutes?
you get a loss if you spawn, if you dont, nothing happens.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6540|Austin, Texas

SmackDowN wrote:

Jenkinsbball wrote:

Quick question...

you get a loss if you spawn, if you dont, nothing happens.
Why did you revive a 3 month thread for no reason?
The_Jester
+52|6510|Italy
So he don't get some random idiot answer like "OMG noob search"?
VspyVspy
Sniper
+183|6692|A sunburnt country
FFS  If they don't restart an old thread they get flamed for not searching.  So fuck off 

Last edited by VspyVspy (2006-10-05 15:33:39)

killer21

Jenkinsbball wrote:

Quick question...

When you join a server and if you do not join the game, the loss does not record for you. 
explosivo
Banned
+262|6662

Paco_the_Insane wrote:

Why did you revive this thread? It seems rediculous to restart a thread that died back in july
well why does every cunt keep going on about search if you aint supposed to use old threads?
Bevo
Nah
+718|6540|Austin, Texas
K, all you non-search whores, look at his post. Is it constructive? No. Does it matter at all? No. He basically said what todd angelo did. If he had something good to say, I wouldn't have said a thing. But that? No.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard