BB|EyeSeePeeDude
+0|6730
EA's site dedicated to the upcoming expansion can be found here.  I did a quick search of the forums, and didn't see it posted, so I did it myself.  (*don't you hate people that can't search?*)

If it's been posted, then smack me in the back of the head and call me Charlie... 

Last edited by BB|EyeSeePeeDude (2005-10-26 09:47:49)

Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6752|The Hague, Holland
Character Persistence and Growth. With in-game success, players can attain additional ranks and unlock new awards

Sweet, thnx man
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6811|Missoula, MT
Hmmm.  Website needs work.  Why do they have special forces class in there?  Aren't they all special forces?  The video clips are too short, half of it is logos.  The screen shot buttons are backwards, back & next.  New vehicles are cool...especially the 6x6 thingy with all the mounted guns.  The armies look cool overall I'd say.
BB|EyeSeePeeDude
+0|6730
yeah, it can use some work, but I guess they'll fix it up as time goes by (*?*) 
Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6790
Theres really nothing new on there. I'd like to know if its going to be backwards compatible though. Like, if we can still play the normal maps with USMC and so forth. As well as keep our accounts and stats.

If not, there is no way I'm going to spend more money on this to start from scratch again.
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6803
"Voice-over IP supported with USB headset"
does this mean with a USB headset you can have game sounds seperate from the VOIP?
phoenix12
+0|6734

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

"Voice-over IP supported with USB headset"
does this mean with a USB headset you can have game sounds seperate from the VOIP?
Ooo that would be cool.. I noticed that too... the regular BF2 features list only says you need a headset, not USB.

And military issue jet-skis?? That's nuts...
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6818|"Frisco"

I speculate that the game does continue the ranking system.
LeGrandAssidomaen
Paper Is My Hobbyhorse
+1|6777

CMDR_Dave wrote:

Hmmm.  Website needs work.  Why do they have special forces class in there?  Aren't they all special forces?  The video clips are too short, half of it is logos.   I'd say.
Yeah, and the test-guys for sure can't shoot!
Col-Khadafi
+0|6767|Your Mom's House
$50 says half of the BF2 player base will switch to Forgotten Hope 2 when it comes out
(EWC)Zenine
Zibst3rZ
+1|6739
i'll say, no. BF2 will survive a few waves of new games hands down.
TheMajorBummer
Have a nice day!
+-4|6795|Netherlands

Col-Khadafi wrote:

$50 says half of the BF2 player base will switch to Forgotten Hope 2 when it comes out
KiLLMasTer
+3|6751|West Va (USA)
LoL ^^^^
Miakei
+1|6793|Los Angeles, CA
Eh, not very impressed. NightVision is a novelty, and the Zip lines are just a momentary distraction. I'd rather see Map packs, vehicle add ons, and class add ons to the current BF2. Make it more encompassing.
I mean, I'm an EA dependant moron, so I know I'm gonna pick up the Spec Ops....but still I can't say it's really necessary.
Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6730
*Smacks Charlies head*

I posted it last night...
Stasiek
Pojebany Hlop
+1|6809|Sicily, Italy
it doesn't look special.  it does have 8 new maps (some probably left out of bf2) new rides and new skins (did you notice the insurgent skin is exactly the same guy as they used in the preview videos for bf2) and some new weapons. 

it's more of a add on for bf2 of what was left out from the original game.  sure i'll get it but later (april).  unless if the expention has fixes for bf2 with it, ie. engine/browser/net code/bugs stuff as that, then i'll get it sooner.
Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6730
They still dont answer the biggest question. Which form will it be in:

A) When playing a old map, new weapons will be available. This will spoil some of the old maps in my opinion.

B) When playing an old map, new weapons wont be available. You can only use them on new maps.

C) New weapons will be an option.
BB|EyeSeePeeDude
+0|6730

Talon wrote:

*Smacks Charlies head*

I posted it last night...
LOL - thanks... 
Nufuhsus
+0|6812|Atlanta (Metro) USA

BB|EyeSeePeeDude wrote:

yeah, it can use some work, but I guess they'll fix it up as time goes by (*?*) 
Only if they are better about updating web sites than they are about updating their games
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6811|Missoula, MT

Stasiek wrote:

(did you notice the insurgent skin is exactly the same guy as they used in the preview videos for bf2)
I thought those guys looked a little "too" familiar.  What's EA trying to pull here?  Did they just rush to release BF2 before adding all that was "supposed" to be in there?  Then release the additionals as an expansion pack?  *phew* Something stinks around that. 
McCullough
+7|6808

TheMajorBummer wrote:

Col-Khadafi wrote:

The second FH2 comes out i'll be playing it. I loved FH to 42.

Btw, if everyone is Spec Ops in the exp does that mean everybody is armed with C4?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard