BVC
+325|6697
If the US attacked NK out of the blue its to be expected, I think Japan wouldn be as likely a target as mainland USA.

If NK started it, they'd be flattened in a matter of days (perhaps the US would allow them a "surrender or die" period of grace?")...and I doubt anybody would try and stop the US.
SiMSaM16
+48|6695|United States of America
NK is bluffing. If they even seriously thought about launching nukes, their country would be blown to pieces.
Stags
+26|6658
There would be no gain on their part for starting a nuclear war.  All wars are fought with a calculated gain.  If there is no gain to be found, then it simply isn't done.

Also, if NK actually attacked.  They'd have China coming down on them.  Personally, it's my estimate that China will eventually have to take care of NK because they really did screw it up.  I don't want to get into much reasoning but NK is a scare on China's record.  Also, China is too smart to help such a small country because they'd lose the business they have with the US and other countries which they really need.

Even though North Korea has the largest military by percent of population the US still out preforms them.  North Korea hasn't been in a war since the ceasefire for the Korean War.  So, all their troops have no combat experience, while US troops now have plenty of combat experience.

If NK were to make a point by launching nukes at the US.  We'd have a problem.  However, they wouldn't live to see what that problem is.  Also, one nuke isn't going to speed up global warming you need 100 million raise the temputer a few degrees (F).   So, we might loose a huge urban center but that'll only make us mad and an angry American is never a good thing for the enemy.  Examples: Revolution, 1812, Spainish-American, Mexican-American, Chase of Pancho Via (sp? it's late here), WWI, WWII, War on Terror.

Although, we will have to deal with NK eventually and probably should've delt with them a lot eariler.  Reason we haven't is because they have enough artillery aimed at Souel to flatten it.  We will probably fight Iran before we fight North Korea.
rob777
It's sexy time!!
+11|6509|toronto canada
what i really think it that every stupid nation should decrease their national military expenditures by like 5% and spend that money on food for developing nations rather then wasting it on guns and nuclear missile's
americantroop
+0|6511
ill tell u what i think those crazy sob are stupid enough to do it and when they do those air bases along the 38th paraell are fucked because those little basterds have been amassing along it for a long time. hell they probe it 2 to 3 times a day. btw its fun to watch i know i have issues
Stags
+26|6658

rob777 wrote:

what i really think it that every stupid nation should decrease their national military expenditures by like 5% and spend that money on food for developing nations rather then wasting it on guns and nuclear missile's
It's a good idea, but probably won't be happening anytime soon.  Which is really too bad.  We just hate each other too much, mainly about religions that preach love and peace.
<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6704|New York
The preemptive strike NK is talking about is the US blowing up there test missile before they get to launch it. I say do it and call his bluff. He cant be that stupid, But hey you never know. I think his first move would to Invade SK then wait till we jump in then he has an excuse.
JahManRed
wank
+646|6630|IRELAND

This climate of fear I see peddled so readily by our governments through intelligence agencies is convenient for them. Gone are the days that these kinds of misinterpreted statements would be quashed by a simple call from one ambassador to another followed by a press release. Seams they don't want to quash lies anymore. The fear of the Koreans, Chinese and anyone from the middle east suit or governments well as they erode our human rights which have taken decades to form under the guise of protection. Protection from what??
Personally I think countries with nukes use them to relieve economic trade and policies pressures put on them by countries who have nukes and aggressive foreign policies. Its a sad state of affairs, but for everyone, these days to be on an even par, everyone wants nukes.
<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6704|New York
So your saying that if a country has Nukes, it bullys countries to agree to trade comittments and such? Where do you get your reasoning? Like if that country doesnt agree, The country(and i know who your talking about) would threaten to use them?Alls i can say about this is WOW. Im speechless.
Last2Stand
+7|6531
I think the worst thing that could happen is if NK gives their nukes to 'terrorists'. The terrorists would use it (where does not matter). What matters is how we retaliate. How the hell to you retaliate to an idea (religious fanaticism A.K.A. terrorism) whose followers are mingled in with moderates spread about many different nations? You can't just nuke them along with the moderates.
RicardoBlanco
The English
+177|6570|Oxford
It's all about brinksmanship. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brinksmanship         ..NK loves to tell the world how advanced it's missile program is, and they are very good missiles, good enough to persuade Iran/Pakistan/several African countries to buy their hardware, but as for an attack on the US? I don't think so. The problem is the US government always offers economic incentives for NK to halt/suspend/erradicate their nuclear weapons program which they do...for about six months, only to resume and ask for more incentives through brinksmanship. It's like a game to them and unfortunately the US plays along. Nuclear war is too much for the US to take a gamble on and NK, knowing this,  seem to be getting quite a lot out of the deal.

Last edited by RicardoBlanco (2006-07-04 10:36:21)

herrr_smity
+156|6630|space command ur anus

Last2Stand wrote:

herrr_smity wrote:

Last2Stand wrote:

Well, they also developed a missile that can reach California... (thank you Jon Stewart for that info). But I dont think so. We know how to fight a Cold War. Its the same premise that kept us from nuking the USSR and vice versa. Its called: Assured Mutual Destruction. In a nutshell: You nuke us, we will nuke you, we both die.
no they haven they have developed a missile (that hasn't been tested) that can reach Alaska, check out a map an you will notice that Alaska is a good deal away from california.
Again, I only quote what Jon Stewart said on the Daily Show. My bad. Along with Assured Mutual Destruction, some believe it can cause a rapid global warming of the Earth due to the huge thermonuclear blasts. In short, not only would the nations that launch them would get hurt, but the world as a whole would be devastated.

FYI- Chernobyl left a huge radioactive plume over Europe for years- and can again if the containment building collapses (The current concrete containment building is ''melting away'' if you will)
EDIT:
I have found Info on the missile- and yes it can hit Los Angeles if the estimates are 2/3 correct (odds are 2/3, my favor) http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/world/dprk/td-2.htm has the estimate, and i quote: "Over time, the estimated range has grown substantially. It was initially estimated to have a range of 4,000 km, but is currently estimated to have a range of up to 15,000 km."

http://www.indo.com/cgi-bin/dist?place1 … California shows that Beijing and LA (a distance greater than from the capitol of North Korea, if not the whole) are just over 10,000km apart- 2/3 of the upper estimate. So, the odds are 2 of 3 that they do have a missile that can reach California
hmm my bad, i have only heard in the media that the missile were capable of hitting Alaska.
but their missile technology is still weak, the last time they tested the missile it failed to ignite stage 2.
RicardoBlanco
The English
+177|6570|Oxford
NK is the foremost missile exporter in the world...their technology is not 'weak'...

http://www.wisconsinproject.org/countri … -miles.htm
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6531|Global Command

CameronPoe wrote:

Last2Stand wrote:

Well, they also developed a missile that can reach California... (thank you Jon Stewart for that info). But I dont think so. We know how to fight a Cold War. Its the same premise that kept us from nuking the USSR and vice versa. Its called: Assured Mutual Destruction. In a nutshell: You nuke us, we will nuke you, we both die.
Like what would happen if Iran got the bomb. Stalemate. Nobody gets hurt.
Muslim fanatics actually want the end of the world and thats why they can't be allowed nuclear weapons. Kim Jong just want a few ships loads of rice and a resupply of his hair gel. He doesn't want to have to stand on a box in a crowd to get respect.

Last edited by Alexanderthegrape (2006-07-04 10:57:51)

herrr_smity

RicardoBlanco wrote:

NK is the foremost missile exporter in the world...their technology is not 'weak'...

there is a difference between having "good" missile and exporting missile.
SoC./Omega
+122|6543|Omaha, Nebraska!
just because they are the foremost missle exporter doesnt mean the missles are good, terroists usually just buy missles (im not saying terroists are the only ones who buy their missles) im just guessing that terroists are the ones who buy NK's missles? correct me if im wrong.
Sea_JayUK
+19|6525|Notts

Lib-Sl@yer wrote:

FubarJonny wrote:

i just got done reading an article about it, NK just said that if US and japan keep spying on them they will attack us with nuclear weapons. so what do you think?
Seriously it will fall apart at the lanch site. plus we have tens of thousands of nukes with hundreds of h-bombs and lots of n-bombs along with millions of nuclear countermeasures. We didnt go through a cold war to be pushed around by a country we can turn into a fucking parking lot.
The reason America shouldnt have the bomb? It has no respect for other countries.

(Oh and size doesnt matter... not when you have nuclear weapons)
Sea_JayUK
+19|6525|Notts

Alexanderthegrape wrote:

Muslim fanatics actually want the end of the world and thats why they can't be allowed nuclear weapons. Kim Jong just want a few ships loads of rice and a resupply of his hair gel. He doesn't want to have to stand on a box in a crowd to get respect.
Dude, it's called propoganda and you shouldnt listen to it... seriously.

Last edited by Sea_JayUK (2006-07-04 12:28:40)

Last2Stand
+7|6531

Alexanderthegrape wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Last2Stand wrote:

Like what would happen if Iran got the bomb. Stalemate. Nobody gets hurt.
Well the muslims are different. The War On Terror is more like a war on an idea (religious fanaticism), and the people who believe in the idea are spread about many many countries along with the moderates of the religion. So they fear no retaliation, because there is no one nation of these idealogical fanatics (excluding Iran). That is exactly why Iran is fearless in using nuclear weapons, because it knows if there is retaliation, Iran may be gone, but the idea still lives. It reminds me of the movie V for Vendetta.
RicardoBlanco
The English
+177|6570|Oxford

herrr_smity wrote:

RicardoBlanco wrote:

there is a difference between having "good" missile and exporting missile.
Quite, but I'd be surprised if anyone wanted to buy a shit one...
Sea_JayUK
+19|6525|Notts

Last2Stand wrote:

Sea_JayUK wrote:

Last2Stand did not write this wrote:

Dude, it's called propoganda and you shouldnt listen to it... seriously.
^ I did not write that. dont quote me saying things i didnt plz.
Sorry about that, accidentally deleted wrong person from quote, edited now.

Cheers
SoC./Omega
I just read an article on MSNBC that NK tried to test fire their missles but they failed

Here is a link to the article.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13704198/
herrr_smity
shit i just read it and you come an beat me to posting a link
MorbidFetus
+76|6553|Ohio
Never gonna happen.
SoC./Omega

herrr_smity wrote:

shit i just read it and you come an beat me to posting a link