keithgrant
Banned
+14|6619
Anyone having the problem of crashing to desktop when pressing join game when it is all verified this might be a solution.I tested this problem by starting out with 0.5 GB of RAM and was having it crash to desktop regularly when joining game . 1 GB of RAM not so bad but still sometimes,anyways i tested it up 4 GB of RAM at half a GB intervals and each time i joined a game 50 times.Results may not work for everyone but i found that anything over 1.5GB and your fine.

RESULTS                     0.5 GB      50 TRYS      26 CRASHS
                                  1.0 GB      50 TRYS      10 CRASHS
                                  1.5 GB      50 TRYS       0  CRASHS
                                  2.0 GB      50 TRYS       0  CRASHS
                                  2.5 GB      50 TRYS       0  CRASHS
                                  3.0 GB      50 TRYS       0  CRASHS
                                  3.5 GB      50 TRYS       0  CRASHS
                                  4.0 GB      50 TRYS       0  CRASHS
fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6589
I got 2GB of RAM and still get CTD's, therefore is an other factor why BF2 crashes.

But thanks for the effort.
GATOR591957
+84|6648
I have 2 gigs of ocz gold 4000 and still get kicked.  Sorry don't think that's it.  I believe this can be attributed to the infamous 1.3 Patch.  Speaking of which, where is 1.4.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6588|NYC / Hamburg

keithgrant wrote:

Anyone having the problem of crashing to desktop when pressing join game when it is all verified this might be a solution.I tested this problem by starting out with 0.5 GB of RAM and was having it crash to desktop regularly when joining game . 1 GB of RAM not so bad but still sometimes,anyways i tested it up 4 GB of RAM at half a GB intervals and each time i joined a game 50 times.Results may not work for everyone but i found that anything over 1.5GB and your fine.

RESULTS                     0.5 GB      50 TRYS      26 CRASHS
                                  1.0 GB      50 TRYS      10 CRASHS
                                  1.5 GB      50 TRYS       0  CRASHS
                                  2.0 GB      50 TRYS       0  CRASHS
                                  2.5 GB      50 TRYS       0  CRASHS
                                  3.0 GB      50 TRYS       0  CRASHS
                                  3.5 GB      50 TRYS       0  CRASHS
                                  4.0 GB      50 TRYS       0  CRASHS
well it somewhat true ... i have 2 gigs and seldomly crash but if my ram is heavly used (like encoding a DVD or something) i crash much more. so it might actually be true
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
SuB
+50|6697
yea i got 2GB of XMS3200XL (some of the best) and it still crashes
how many ram slots have you got? and which of those test were dual channel and which weren't also you should put which sticks in which slots etc etc you did...

Last edited by SuB (2006-07-03 14:59:36)

alpinestar
+304|6617|New York City baby.
No
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6713|Calgary
I wish it was so simple.. I got 2 gig and still crash to desktop. I never did until I got patch 1.3.
JON.ANTONSSON
+51|6713|Sweden
I had 1GB but just bought 1,5 GB (No changes in FPS but larg changes in all loading times). And it still keeps crashing = It takes max 1 sec to quit the game when it crash... This had made me and a lot of us play this game less often.
BigglesPiP
Whirlybird Guy
+20|6569|Windermere, GB
I have 1Gb, and 2Gb of cache set out.

I get CTD on some maps every time when I click join. But it's fine when I press Esc.
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6674
Now were those 50 joins all to the same server?  And you haven't posted specs for equipment, constants and variables, and what would really be useful is the timestamped memory dumps from the dmp folder all nicely zipped up, together with the dates and times when you switched the RAM.  This may well be indicative that you have a dodgy stick of RAM, but I'm pretty sure it is not the cause of the CTDs I've been getting.

Out of the 15 or so files in my dmp folder, there are two recurring instructions which caused fatal exceptions:

RendDX9!deinitDll+0x5d1:
0421336f 740b             jz      RendDX9!deinitDll+0x5dc (0421337c)
04213371 cc               int     3

BF2+0x308792:
00708792 147c             adc     al,0x7c

And to prove that the information from the dump really can be related to what was going on at the time, here is the instruction from a deliberately induced crash by omitting the combat area on a map and firing up coop:

AIDLL!deinitDll+0x2f8e9:
0ca73cf9 8b01             mov     eax,[ecx]         ds:0023:00000000=????????

Anyway, I'd like to get copies of your dmp files if possible, just out of curiosity as to whether you were bailing at the same points.  Without the bf2 source there is only so much that can be found out, but I'm pretty sure the CTDs I get are either a duff driver or duff code, or some mixture of the two.  Every other game runs perfectly, as did BF2 until the patch.

EDIT: P.s. do you work for a company selling RAM or something?

Last edited by UnOriginalNuttah (2006-07-03 17:59:25)

S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6539|Montucky
i've noticed if i press ESCAPE (upper left hand corner of most keyboards labeled "ESC" instead of click "Join Game" commonly found in Battlefield 2 in the lower right hand corner).. i don't crash to my good old cluttered desktop.  My partner in crime does this aswell and doesn't crash to his desktop either... may work for you, it may not..
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6674

[1FR]S3v3N wrote:

i've noticed if i press ESCAPE (upper left hand corner of most keyboards labeled "ESC" instead of click "Join Game" commonly found in Battlefield 2 in the lower right hand corner).. i don't crash to my good old cluttered desktop.  My partner in crime does this aswell and doesn't crash to his desktop either... may work for you, it may not..
Some people also believe that you can cure aids by raping babies....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/c … 311067.stm
BlaZin'Feenix
I'm just that good
+156|6640|Cork, Ireland
Jesus Christ-WTF was that for? Are you some paedophile?
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6588|NYC / Hamburg

[1FR]S3v3N wrote:

i've noticed if i press ESCAPE (upper left hand corner of most keyboards labeled "ESC" ....
really??? i never knew that there is a button with ESC that is called escape on the top left of my kb. how do you think the people exit the game? i dont think that the majority uses the console
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
SniperF0x
+49|6546
Could also rely on your settings, i have 1gig and play on all low and it rarely crashes.
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6567|Doncaster, UK

UnOriginalNuttah wrote:

[1FR]S3v3N wrote:

Enemy Retard Spotted.
https://www.dsherwood-guitartuition.co.uk/retard.jpg

Back on topic, I have 2Gb RAM and still sometimes get CTD, although not very often. I haven't tried the whole "pressing ESC" thing so I'll give that a try from now on and see how it goes.

Doc

Last edited by DoctorFruitloop (2006-07-04 03:52:04)

thechosen1
+7|6528|Austin, Tx
ha, i just registered on this site ask if any one else was having this problem.

for me it happen's on a few different servers but not all the time. what works for me is to wait about 15sec after the "join game" icon pop's up before clicking on it.

Last edited by thechosen1 (2006-07-04 12:41:26)

Gen. Payne
+50|6728|USA
I got 1 gig and I may only crash once or twice. If I go to a different server or wait long enough, it's fine. I believe it's more a problem with the 1.3 patch. However, I still have been looking at getting another gig of ram in the future.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6737
ok pre 1.3 i had no CTD's after a few patches CTD's start to happen
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6674

DoctorFruitloop wrote:

UnOriginalNuttah wrote:

[1FR]S3v3N wrote:

Enemy Retard Spotted.
http://www.dsherwood-guitartuition.co.uk/retard.jpg

Back on topic, I have 2Gb RAM and still sometimes get CTD, although not very often. I haven't tried the whole "pressing ESC" thing so I'll give that a try from now on and see how it goes.

Doc
Nice pic.  I heard if you smash your face with a hammer, you'll stop missing the point completely. 

Superstition and folklore spreads quickly, even when it has no grounding in reality, and even when has about the same odds of solving the problem as the odds getting good advice from your friend in the photo on how to pick up girls.
keithgrant
Banned
+14|6619
I know the patch is most of the problem but,what i am saying is since the new patch(1.3) if you have less than 1GB of ram your loading time will be about 10 mins and the game will CTD very regularly.Almost 50% of the time on joining servers.

Last edited by keithgrant (2006-07-04 13:08:04)

UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6674

keithgrant wrote:

I know the patch is most of the problem but,what i am saying is since the new patch(1.3) if you have less than 1GB of ram your loading time will be about 10 mins and the game will CTD very regularly.Almost 50% of the time on joining servers.
So what were the 'crash stats' for each of the previous BF2 versions?
[TP~Bravo]Wiggy
Failure By Design
+39|6567|Cardiff, Wales, Uk.
Yup, used to have 512mb crashed a lot

2GB= Never crashes at all when i press join game even with settings on highest
Viper007Bond
Moderator Emeritus
+236|6827|Portland, OR, USA

CTD has nothing (or little) to do with the amount of RAM you have. The game still crashes as much (read: a fuckload) for me now (with 2 gigs of RAM) as it did when I had only a gig of RAM.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/044900892044e7fc95e599e832a086ae9bcd7efb.png
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6737
i heard if u turn off the auto ready button no more CTD's, after that i dont have any CTD's
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard