Viper38
+118|6669
Do you guys get Nov 5th off work? It's not a holiday is it?
JudgeDredd1824
+32|6652|Wigan an proud of it mate !

Jinto-sk wrote:

JudgeDredd1824 wrote:

Jinto-sk wrote:

Remember, remember, the 5th of November, Gunpowder, treason and plot
I see no reason why gunpowder treason should ever be forgot
Wasn't commenting that we should mate... though next time it would be C4, and that simply doesn't rhyme.. Ah well
No - that is the last line of the rhyme.
Forget it for all I care Guy Fawkes Night is only fun when your a kid, now it is an excuse for your GF to drag you away from the pc lol
Yeah... wtf is up with that... Dragged from ya pc. Gotta train em to give ya a BJ while ya playing. Best 'o' both worlds then..
Jinto-sk
Laid Back Yorkshireman
+183|6590|Scarborough Yorkshire England
No don't get 5th off viper it's not a public holiday.

JudgeDredd1824 wrote:

Jinto-sk wrote:

JudgeDredd1824 wrote:

Wasn't commenting that we should mate... though next time it would be C4, and that simply doesn't rhyme.. Ah well
No - that is the last line of the rhyme.
Forget it for all I care Guy Fawkes Night is only fun when your a kid, now it is an excuse for your GF to drag you away from the pc lol
Yeah... wtf is up with that... Dragged from ya pc. Gotta train em to give ya a BJ while ya playing. Best 'o' both worlds then..
Lol yeah dragged away to go out in the bloody freezing cold to look at a fire n some fireworks - "there is a window woman look out of it"
As for the bj just watch your accuracy go down, for some reason it interfere's with your concentration

Last edited by Jinto-sk (2006-07-03 08:53:32)

dilun
baa. RAM YOU!
+10|6512|Singapore
august 9th is the day my countrymen celebrates independence and the creation of my country the Republic of Singapore!
Viper38
+118|6669
I've been thinking about this ... what day do us Briton's get as a holiday to celebrate the 'birth of our nation'?

I suppose we don't really get one because we've been around forever.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6554

Viper38 wrote:

I've been thinking about this ... what day do us Briton's get as a holiday to celebrate the 'birth of our nation'?

Don't you guys get 'St. George's Day' or something? He's the patron saint of England, no?
Jinto-sk
Laid Back Yorkshireman

CameronPoe wrote:

Viper38 wrote:

Don't you guys get 'St. George's Day' or something? He's the patron saint of England, no?
Yep But do we bollocks get the day off work or anything, we celebrate St paddy's day more than st Georges
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6548|Southeastern USA
don't guess the magna carta or battle of hastings or some such would count, weird that ya'll don't have a just plain old "Union Jack" day or something definitive
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6762

dodge_this(fr) wrote:

France is July 14th, the day when French population took the Bastille....
and freed, what was it, 7 prisoners?
Rosse_modest
+76|6774|Antwerp, Flanders
July 21st is Belgium's national holiday. July 21st 1831 was the day the first king of the Belgians (he is not the king of Belgium), Leopold I, swore his constitutional oath.

Flanders' national holiday (it's actually called holiday of the Flemish community - since Flanders is not a nation) is July 11th, in memory of our victory over the French July 11th 1302 at the Battle of the Golden Spurs near Kortrijk. This holiday is however not a mandatory "day off", though employers can choose to give their workers a  paid day off if they want to. Like my employer does...
Been looking for a Flemish flag for some time now to hang out the window July 11th, but haven't found one that suits me yet. The Flemish flag is an ebony lion on a yellow background with his claws and tongue drenched in blood but a couple of years ago there were some restylings of the lion and one of the adjustments was removal of the red from the claws and tongue. The only flags I've found so far were the softcore versions which I do not recognize to be the Lion of Flanders.

Last edited by Rosse_modest (2006-07-03 10:00:31)

Starfleet1403
...to bodly spawn where no one has spawned before!
+66|6621|Born in West-Berlin

Schlusi=[GER] wrote:

Hi folks,

we german´s are celebrating the "German Unification Day" on 3rd Oktober. On this day the Berlin wall fell.

Happy July 4th!
Oh my God! What have you done?? You've just proven, how stupid you are. Think before you post, dammit. Or go back to School and check up on your History lessons, for Christ Sake.

All right folks, let me do some Corrections.

First of all, our National Holiday is called "The Day of German Unity". Schlusi mis-translated it as "Deutscher Vereinigungstag".

The Berlin Wall did NOT fell on October 3rd. It fell on November 9th 1989. I must apologize for Schlusi's mis-Information. Guess the PISA-Test results are correct after all.

"The Day of German Unity" exists since 1954. First it was "celebrated" on June 17th every year in order to remember the Uprising of Workers in East-Berlin of June 17th 1953 which was suppressed by the Soviet Army. This National Holiday was last "celebrated" on June 17th 1990.

On October 3rd 1990 the Re-Unification of western and eastern Germany took place. Since then "The Day of German Unity" is celebrated on October 3rd in order to celebrated and remember the Re-Unification of Germany.

Anyone, who don't believe this, check this out: The Day of German Unity on Wikipedia
Schlusi=[GER]
+11|6520|4856 Karkand,Hellstreet 4

Starfleet1403 wrote:

Schlusi=[GER] wrote:

Hi folks,

we german´s are celebrating the "German Unification Day" on 3rd Oktober. On this day the Berlin wall fell.

Happy July 4th!
"The Day of German Unity" exists since 1954. First it was "celebrated" on June 17th every year in order to remember the Uprising of Workers in East-Berlin of June 17th 1953 which was suppressed by the Soviet Army. This National Holiday was last "celebrated" on June 17th 1990.
Jeez!
First of all I must say sorry for my bad spelling! Excuse me know-it-all Starfleet (pfff)...
All I said is right, because we Germans lives in the BRD and not in the DDR (I think u all know it but unfortunately our whippersnapper not ). So I meant the common german history since 1990 of course! Please don´t care about this nOOb
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6548|Southeastern USA
yeah it's not unusual for dates of things to be moved around to combine a couple of different things, our president's day was originally for Washington's birthday, then they added Lincoln's, and now it's not on eithers actual birthday (i think, plz correct me if you can recall otherwise)
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6754|United States of America
I can't wait to use illegal fireworks tomorrow!
Umibozu_IT
+15|6646|Italy
in Italy we doesn't celebrate the birth of our nation. Guess it goes way too back. we celebrate

April 25th, end of German invasion (1944)
June 2nd, birth of the Republic (1946)
November 4th, dedicated to casualties of WW2

It is weird how we don't celebrate the birth of the kingdom (1861 to 1866, plus some regions in 1918) but i guess after WW2 italians wanted to forget about the past
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6663|NT, like Mick Dundee

Australia day, 26th January. Celebrating federation.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand a special one for the territory I live in, 31st June. On the 31st of June we celebrate self government in the NT by throwing/firing firecrackers at each other. The cane toads get hit with crackers too, ever seen a rocket fired into a toads mouth? Not pretty.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
FubarJonny
bUdSMoKEr
+47|6688
well happy day ? just fill in the black for your country, that goes out to every nation in the world.
Starfleet1403
...to bodly spawn where no one has spawned before!
+66|6621|Born in West-Berlin

Schlusi=[GER] wrote:

Starfleet1403 wrote:

Schlusi=[GER] wrote:

Hi folks,

Happy July 4th!
Jeez!
First of all I must say sorry for my bad spelling! Excuse me know-it-all Starfleet (pfff)...
All I said is right, because we Germans lives in the BRD and not in the DDR (I think u all know it but unfortunately our whippersnapper not ). So I meant the common german history since 1990 of course! Please don´t care about this nOOb
Okay, I am

- sorry for correcting your Bullshit.
- sorry for telling the History of a National Holiday of Western Germany that became a National Holiday for the re-united Nation.
- sorry for telling the others that we are NOT celebrating the Fall of the Berlin Wall.
- sorry, that you obviously did NOT pay attention at school or the News of that time, because the Berlin Wall fell on November 9th, 1989.

And I am most sorry for just telling the f**king Truth

BTW, next Time you accuse someone of being an "Ossi", check his Location. It might indicate his true Origin.

I just can't stand it, when People spreading Bullshit. And I am really pissed, when they deny that they are obviously wrong.
For that, I am also f**king SORRY.

My Proof:
The Day of German Unity
Berlin Wall

Meine Beweise:
Tag der deutschen Einheit
Berliner Mauer
Tetrino
International OMGWTFBBQ
+200|6729|Uhh... erm...
Malaysia - 31st August.

w00rt for free holidays!
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6672|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
March the 1st - ST DAVIDS DAY. We all eat leeks and welsh cakes sing in Welsh and take the afternoon off.  Same as any normal day then.
Jinto-sk
Laid Back Yorkshireman

1927 wrote:

March the 1st - ST DAVIDS DAY. We all eat leeks and welsh cakes sing in Welsh and take the afternoon off.  Same as any normal day then.
What's a Welsh Cake ??
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6672|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
Flat round thing with raisens in, about 4" x 0.25" (sorry im old school), finished in sugar. 1st ones ok, but they too dry you you chuck the rest out as unless they are fresh they go hard.

http://www.leitesculinaria.com/columns/ … h_cake.jpg  << welshy cakey linky thingy

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard